McDonald's Ad gave me an idea

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
So, I'm rather vocal about not really liking M/S incest, but watch this ad, and tell me that mom isn't negging her son to turn him into her ideal guy.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Perhaps because my comprehension of spoke English is way worse than for written English ; meaning that I took more attention to the characters than to what they said. But for me it's more him trying hard to fit in her ideal man's pants. Which change nothing to the implied M/S incest and, in fact, feel like the introduction of any average Ren'py games few months ago.

This said, amazing to see the difference in communication between countries. You've a really deep story (a son trying to keep alive the memory of his dad, by searching what they both have in common), while we have something more on the side of, "enjoy your stay while eating something made with local products".

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
Perhaps because my comprehension of spoke English is way worse than for written English ; meaning that I took more attention to the characters than to what they said. But for me it's more him trying hard to fit in her ideal man's pants. Which change nothing to the implied M/S incest and, in fact, feel like the introduction of any average Ren'py games few months ago.

This said, amazing to see the difference in communication between countries. You've a really deep story (a son trying to keep alive the memory of his dad, by searching what they both have in common), while we have something more on the side of, "enjoy your stay while eating something made with local products".
Personally, I find the ad pretty disgusting. That's them trying to associate their product with "family" in the abstract, and so spent money creating a story about the loss of a loved one, toying with deep emotions and fears we all have just to sell a crap fish sandwich.

As for the "negging" thing, if you ever watch one of those "pick up artists" trying to pick up a girl, they'll often intentionally say negative things about said girl in order to get them to crave their approval, so, in essence, what you saw was right, you were simply seeing it from his perspective.

Reactions: anne O'nymous

ilyo

Sep 6, 2018
Didn't see much at first but the tartar sauce at the end made it haha.

Talking about ambigus add this old one make me think of the starting point of some games.

Reactions: DarthSeduction

GuyFreely

May 2, 2018
Two seconds in, the music was already pissing me off knowing this was a McD's ad. Just give me a "Hey our food tastes like hot garbage, but it's cheap!" ad any day. That being said I kind of see where you are going with this. Flash forward to the kid being a little older and having done his best to be all the things his dad was and the mom saying "You remind me so much of him, I do miss him so." She cups his cheek and bites her lip slightly, lingering just a bit too long before breaking away.

@ilyo Didn't someone make a spoof on this commercial or something?

Reactions: DarthSeduction

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
Didn't see much at first but the tartar sauce at the end made it haha.

Talking about ambigus add this old one make me think of the starting point of some games.

I remember this one, hahahaha