Identify Medieval VN-esque game

1mN0tCraZy

Jan 1, 2020
So I played this game a long time ago, and I've lost the game files cause of a HDD failure and I can't for the life of me remember the name nor find it after hours of searching.

Premise?
You play a literal peasant (male).
You're sent off to war from Britain to France (could be vice versa).
Your goal is to survive first, find glory second.

Gameplay Loop?
You get a limited number of actions before the start of each battle, which you can use to either get supplies / train / interact with other characters.

Game Combat?
Turn based combat.
You choose the type of attack or defense.

Romance?
Beginning, a nurse in the army who tends to the injured.
Beginning, a noble's daughter in the neighboring fief.
Depending on your choices, another nobles daughter who you have to woo to coup the king?
Depending on your choices, a countess? who hired you as a mercenary to defend her city.
If you are on the mercenary route, a witch doctor? / alchemist?

Art Type/Art Style?
2D art minimal shading and static characters.
Backgrounds are more defined compared to the characters.
Combat sprites have more detail as well.

Sex?
The sex scenes I believe don't exist.
But if they did, I think its like one or two artworks that you get as a reward for successfully wooing the targets.

Game Engine?
I think the game was done in Ren'Py. Not a 100% sure.

Game Release?
I don't remember the exact date, but I believe that the sequel released on 2021 / is releasing sometime this year.

Also if you do have recommendations similar to the game I mentioned above I would love to try them.

SirLars

Sep 26, 2018
Hi!

I think you mean Heads Will Roll. I was also looking for it a few days ago and I even thought that it had been deleted or something haha

And I can't really think of games with a very similar premise to this one, I think it was pretty unique in concept. But if you mean this medieval/male protagonist combo I can think of some like Peasant's Quest and Roundscape Adorevia.

Reactions: 1mN0tCraZy