Mega not secure so can't use it

guttlin

Dec 15, 2017
HI! everytime I want to use Mega to download soething, it says my connection isn't secure and it wont let me download anythng wich is annoying
any idea how i can fix this???

Flecc

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
i don't know your circumstances as your description pretty vague. i would suggest try using a vpn see what you get

guttlin

Dec 15, 2017
i don't know your circumstances as your description pretty vague. i would suggest try using a vpn see what you get
I'm sorry, a bit drunk, if i try to download anything through Mega, it says that my conection isn't secure and it gives the code:
"ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID,"

CLDꝜ

̷ ̷ ̶ ̴ ̴ ̴ ̷ ̸ ̸ ̷ ̵ ̸ ̸ ̴ ̵ ̷ ̵ ̴ ̶ ̴ ̶ ̵ ̶ ̴ ̵
Staff member
Community Liaison
Jul 7, 2017
"ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID,"
Sounds to me like something is hijacking the SSL certificate, as mega.nz has a valid certificate from Let's Encrypt

A reddit post from 1 year ago said this:
Vivaldi browser tells me the connection is not secure. NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID
I know Belgian authorities started inserting a fake certificate at the beginning of the year -- I managed to work around that by using Google DNS but it seems to stop working for (some) mega folders.
EDIT :: if there's a logout button visible (briefly), try clicking it. I've just had one work that way.
Try changing your , restart your browser and try again.

Edit:
You can also take a look at the certificate by going to mega.nz, clicking the padlock-icon to the left of the URL, then click "Certificate". It should say something like this:
1548627665581.png

Reactions: bas and Papa Ernie

Flecc

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
have found several potential reasons for this problem. Check your system time and date are correct (windows bottom right hand corner )

Do a full anti virus and malware scan with up to date AV /malware software

if that doesn't work we can go through more technical operations.But will hold that one off until the liquor has passed through the system lol :)

Seriously though if the above don't work post back

Reactions: bas and Papa Ernie