Comics Collection Melissa N. Collection [2024-08-27] [Melissa N.]

rebirth095

Jul 25, 2021
Uh oh... latest update from Melissa:

View attachment 3912368

:(
Hope the surgery goes well and she gets better soon!

I say this as a person that had their own health scare: We don't take care of ourselves enough. Long hours sitting in front of a desk, eating stuff that's awful for us. It's absolutely worth it to be aware of your diet and exercise regularly.

A lot of stuff is genetic and can't be helped. But it's super easy to get into bad habits. So I'd encourage everyone to find some time to go for a walk, and substitute a soda for a glass of water. A little bit now can save some painful (and expensive) stuff later...

Sstpa

May 19, 2021
Newest update is bullshit. Waited all that extra time for nothing to really be revealed. I thought we’d get some real answers this update but it was just another cliffhanger

alienhead

Dec 2, 2023
Didn't expect any updates for a while after surgery. Is Melissa's recovery going well?

As there is nothing on Kemono yet, is the update for K-pop or AM? Thanks.

LadyBoyJay

Jun 12, 2017
The for Aphrodite's Mirror is an interesting one for the theories. It looks like there is indeed an external being in charge of the Aphrodite-like visions in Andrew by the looks of it.
It could be an external being who is speaking to Andrew or it could be a figment of Andrew's imagination. I'm personally hoping for an external being or "outside influence". For me it is better than the alternative of Andrew/Elena simply being mentally ill, so to speak. If a big reveal is that he suffered some sort of sexual abuse/trauma from Mr. Orlov, that's probably not going to be a very popular story path with a male-to-female (MTF) transformation (TF) fan base that has many abused/traumatized victims within it. I'm not saying that Melissa nor anyone else can't explore a dark path, it's just highly likely to get some pushback if that happens. My personal advice for anyone who might be interested in creating a story that explores psychological trauma, is to please either put a warning at the begging of the story or to really foreshadow the tone of what is to come. It's not the best idea (in my opinion) to surprise the readers with something that is rather polarizing for this particular targeted audience.

In the "dream", the evil Aphrodite lookalike identifies as the Goddess Poena. That Goddess is associated with the words - recompense, penalty, pain, and punishment. From what I've read, she typically punished people guilty of murder or manslaughter. So, if this is the real Poena (I don't think it is), it hints that Andrew was responsible for the death of someone. Perhaps the original Elena? :( Personally, I wouldn't like that story path because it makes me not want to be in Andrew/Elena's shoes (if he killed someone), and that defeats the purpose of why I read MTF TF stories. I want to imagine being the transformed character. That's my wish fulfillment or my escape from my own reality. That's what the majority of MTF TF fans want (not all but most).

So, the next possibility is that this external being is not the real Poena, but is merely roleplaying as Poena. This could be Aphrodite doing the roleplaying or it could mean that "Aphrodite" was just another role that this "unknown being" has portrayed for Andrew. Which, brings up and interesting point. Andrew knows a lot about Greek mythology. Whether Aphrodite and Poena are avatars of some unknown being, or if they are just figments of his delusions, he knows who the Goddesses are and what they represent. That's rather interesting to think about. It's unclear when or how he learned so much about ancient Greek mythology. :unsure:

Of course, it can't be ignored that Andrew/Elena could just be mentally ill and what we are seeing are delusions. It's highly probable since this is supposed to be a "realistic" story, but again, the topic of mental illness is not desirable for the majority of MTF TF fans. Would I be happy to wake up tomorrow looking like Elena? Yes, I would! Now, if the "downside" is that I would have to be mentally ill from some past trauma, that makes being Elena much less desirable to me, so probably a "no" from me. I also wouldn't want to become Elena if I had to go through those awful surgeries and live with the real life side effects that haven't really been brought up, but that's a personal preference. I'm sure many MTF TF fans would be willing to go through surgeries to become Elena. I'm trying my best to ignore that part of the story and pretend like the transformation was magical. :p For MTF TF fans, I think it's also easier to disregard undesirable transformation methods if the end result is worth it. As opposed to other story elements such as possible mental illness or anguish.

Last edited:

Thalantyr

Dec 1, 2023
Of course, it can't be ignored that Andrew/Elena could just be mentally ill and what we are seeing are delusions.
Just to clarify, Andrew isn't "seeing" anything. He's dreaming. So while you can theorize that an external being is invading his dreams and speaking to him, if that's not the case, it doesn't necessarily indicate mental illness/delusion. It just means that's how his dream is manifesting. Dreams often contain symbolism, so if Andrew is feeling guilty while awake, it's perfectly reasonable for him to dream of a goddess of punishment to punish him for whatever he's feeling guilty about. Being stuck in a method character while awake is much more indicative of mental illness, but that doesn't necessarily have anything to do with what he's dreaming about.

Also I wouldn't be so quick to assume what most MTF TF fans want. There are all kinds of weird fetishes out there that don't really make any sense unless you have that fetish. I've heard from masochists and humiliation fetishists who self-insert as Andrew and still want bad things to happen to him. There are probably sadist/dom fans who might self-insert as Nikos. And plenty of others who don't self-insert at all.

I'm assuming that Melissa primarily writes within her own fetishes and she has written dark stories in the past, including ones with identity death. Even K-Pop is pretty damn dark. That story is Forced feminization with a capital F- no room for ambiguity. Nick is clearly traumatized and is already talking about killing himself. So while I don't necessarily disagree that warnings at the beginning would be nice, I think the other stories written by this author already serve as a warning.

That being said, I have no idea if this story is heading for the type of trauma you've described, or if it will have a happy ending or a dark ending. :)

misseva88

Jul 5, 2017
Just to clarify, Andrew isn't "seeing" anything. He's dreaming. So while you can theorize that an external being is invading his dreams and speaking to him, if that's not the case, it doesn't necessarily indicate mental illness/delusion. It just means that's how his dream is manifesting. Dreams often contain symbolism, so if Andrew is feeling guilty while awake, it's perfectly reasonable for him to dream of a goddess of punishment to punish him for whatever he's feeling guilty about. Being stuck in a method character while awake is much more indicative of mental illness, but that doesn't necessarily have anything to do with what he's dreaming about.
Does Melissa have a history of including dreams being inaccurate or symbolical rather than literal?

What we're seeing right now is Elena asleep, dreaming of Andrew in an alley being put in a sexual position while intercut with a flashback (in that dream) to Andrew phoning Marina to say he lost the money. The story then cuts back to the alley again only to intercut to yet an other scene in some hall (a theater maybe?) where Andrew is seen tormented with a massive headache... but I feel he's acting. He is an actor after all. And Orlov doesn't buying his "interpretation".
Poena says Andrew learned after that moment. On a second read I feel that can be interpreted as Andrew having improved his skills as an actor, leading to him better able portraying a woman.

So I changed my mind after my previous post. I initially interpreted Andrews headache as being true and Orlov somehow controlling that pain and as such his future into femininity. Now I feel Orlov is his acting coach. Orlov will teach Andrew to be a better actor, a more believable actor. After that skill has improved a lot, he truly becomes Elena.

Thalantyr

Dec 1, 2023
Does Melissa have a history of including dreams being inaccurate or symbolical rather than literal?

What we're seeing right now is Elena asleep, dreaming of Andrew in an alley being put in a sexual position while intercut with a flashback (in that dream) to Andrew phoning Marina to say he lost the money. The story then cuts back to the alley again only to intercut to yet an other scene in some hall (a theater maybe?) where Andrew is seen tormented with a massive headache... but I feel he's acting. He is an actor after all. And Orlov doesn't buying his "interpretation".
Poena says Andrew learned after that moment. On a second read I feel that can be interpreted as Andrew having improved his skills as an actor, leading to him better able portraying a woman.

So I changed my mind after my previous post. I initially interpreted Andrews headache as being true and Orlov somehow controlling that pain and as such his future into femininity. Now I feel Orlov is his acting coach. Orlov will teach Andrew to be a better actor, a more believable actor. After that skill has improved a lot, he truly becomes Elena.
I don't recall Melissa ever depicting dreams in any other stories off the top of my head. And I'm not sure what you mean by literal, but I'd say no, Andrew has not literally returned to a male body chained to a wall.

And yes I'm fairly positive the flashback is Andrew acting and Orlov critiquing him as a teacher/coach.

LadyBoyJay

Jun 12, 2017
I guess a better way to phrase what I meant was that we are seeing Andrew's delusional dreams. Unless, those Goddesses were actually involved in the past events, his dreams/memories are now inaccurate since they are being told to him from imaginary manifestations of specific Greek Goddesses... for some unknown reason. For us readers, the unreliable narrator trope is fair to consider right now. Also, the manifestation of "someone else" within his mind to sort of narrate his memories, is not something that I would consider mentally "healthy". You are correct though that crazy dreams do not equal mental illness. I will say that the amount of influence that these dreams and possibly imaginary Goddesses appear to be having over his important life decisions, is rather alarming and could/should point towards psychosis and/or dissociative identity disorder.

Also I wouldn't be so quick to assume what most MTF TF fans want. There are all kinds of weird fetishes out there that don't really make any sense unless you have that fetish. I've heard from masochists and humiliation fetishists who self-insert as Andrew and still want bad things to happen to him.
I have hundreds of fetishes, so I'm not one to judge. :LOL: Just based off of anecdotal evidence and personal assumptions, I think most MTF TF fans want to self-insert as the transformed main character. Most of those fans are wanting to experience something better than what they have in real life. Not all but most. Some MTF TF fans are into masochism and humiliation, but not most. I'm actually in that niche group! :giggle: However, for me, it needs to be the right type of story and sometimes from the right type of author. Dark endings can be amazing! I love some dark stories which end with being stuck in an unhappy relationship as male or female (NTR, cuckold) , or stuck as animal, or stuck as an inanimate object, or identity death, or sometimes literal death (snuff). :devilish: Personally, I think bad endings can be very enjoyable, *as long as that's what I was expecting or as long as I was not deceived into thinking I would be getting a happier ending.

There are probably sadist/dom fans who might self-insert as Nikos.
Absolutely! Yes, there are also some fans who are self-inserting as Nikos. Again, probably not most, probably a niche group of MTF TF fans. Personally, I would be pretty disappointed with self-inserting as the male romantic love interest in this particular story given the lack of character depth for Nikos, but maybe some fans like that? Maybe lack of character depth helps with self-identifying and roleplaying as Nikos? I'm not part of this group so I can't give an accurate POV. I would think that sissydom (sissy domination) stories would be more appealing/targeted for these types of fans. Also, they are more readily available than MTF TF stories to people of a sadist/domination mindset, but someone else can educate me on this. I would be interested in hearing more from this POV if anyone wants to share. :) From my outsider POV, I see logic flaws with self-identifying as a "forceful feminizer". To me, unless you have a personal vendetta against your target, it just seems easier to take a more voluntary subject and roleplay with them. If Nikos for example, would have put out a personal advertisement looking for young males who wanted to be feminized and age progressed into being his wife, he would have had plenty of voluntary candidates. Some people who are reading this right now are probably saying, "Yep, that would be me!" :giggle: Many would probably love a BDSM relationship too. I just don't see the fetish fulfillment from the perspective of Nikos in this particular situation. Yes, he turned his nephew into an older woman to be his wife, but he's not really openly fetishizing it. He's not telling the whole world what he did nor is he really basking in it. Subtly, he might be taunting Marina a bit for some unknown reason and he has dominated Elena during sex, but probably not anymore nor any differently than he would have with a different woman like Dimitra as a substitution for Elena.

And plenty of others who don't self-insert at all.
Yes, some fans don't self-insert but I think most do. So again, probably a smaller niche group that don't self-insert, but I guess we need to conduct some polling to be certain. I'm just going off of my own anecdotal observations. YMMV = your mileage my vary. My observations might be more unique than I realize, maybe? I am an extremely unique individual. :cool: :ROFLMAO:

I'm assuming that Melissa primarily writes within her own fetishes and she has written dark stories in the past, including ones with identity death. Even K-Pop is pretty damn dark. That story is Forced feminization with a capital F- no room for ambiguity. Nick is clearly traumatized and is already talking about killing himself. So while I don't necessarily disagree that warnings at the beginning would be nice, I think the other stories written by this author already serve as a warning.

That being said, I have no idea if this story is heading for the type of trauma you've described, or if it will have a happy ending or a dark ending. :)
I agree on your assumption. (y) She has written dark stories, which if that was all she had written, it would be a "shame on me" or anyone else for assuming that Aphrodite's Mirror wouldn't be dark. However, she has written non-dark stories and most importantly, she has said that her story wouldn't have a dark ending. *Although as previously stated by others, what Melissa considers dark versus "not dark" is quite an unknown mystery. :ROFLMAO: In my opinion, Melissa's Never Meet Your Heroes Unless You're Wearing Your Best Heels was about as happy of a MTF TF story as can be made, but whether she considers that ending to be happy or not depends on her perspective I suppose. From a forced feminization POV, it's the opposite of what was wanted, so technically it could be considered a dark ending because it was too happy. :unsure:
2023_06_06.png

For me and perhaps others as well (???), the issues of Aphrodite's Mirror and A Kpop Idol being "too dark" are kind of due to bad marketing or I guess you could call it false first impressions. Both stories started off giving different impressions than where we are at currently. For example, with Aphrodite's Mirror, it's easy and understandable to have thought that the story was going to be a lighthearted tale. Andrew and Marina appeared to be a happy couple and the idea from her uncle was more of a funny temporary adventure than anything that appeared to be dark and permanent. The tone from the early chapters is very different from what the tone is now. That's something that I think everyone can agree on, right? I feel like Melissa didn't advertise what the story was going to contain. It's like how horror movies are supposed to give you a little jump scare early on to set the mood, to let you know how much "fright" the movie contains. This needed something like that. Some hint of what direction this was going to take later on. So, I understand anyone who feels deceived or like this was a bait and switch. I personally feel deceived. :( It's not that I wouldn't have read this story if I had known it was going to turn out much darker than it originally appeared, it's just that I would have liked for Melissa to have been more upfront about it. With a different marketing tactic of either being upfront with content labels/warnings or doing more foreshadowing, I would be loving this much more right now than I am. That's probably the root of where much of my story criticism comes from and perhaps I'm not alone in this sentiment? :unsure:

Last edited:

rebirth095

Jul 25, 2021
For me, newest part just reinforces my previous read on the situation. "Aphrodite"/"Poena" is just the sounding board where Andrew is confronted with his own choices and guilt. Note that "Poena" introduces herself saying "Tonight, I'm Poena". Not a separate "entity", just a different way of confronting Andrew. Also note that "Poena" says "According to you, you were the one who created me, after all". So, she is privy to all the previous discussions in the last dream sequence.

This might be a bit of a carrot and stick situation, rather than Angel and Devil. Rather than the idea that "Aphrodite" is playing two separate entities and advocating one direction or another, one of the common threads is to confront Andrew over his past choices:

GREECE991.png GREECE991.png GREECE1008.png GREECE1008.png

Looking back through:

GREECE1002.png GREECE1002.png GREECE1004.png GREECE1004.png

It's pretty explicitly spelled out that Aphrodite is the sounding board for Andrew to confront. I would make the argument, the first time around, "Aphrodite" is telling Andrew to be truthful. He can enjoy being Elena, while also wanting to go back to being Andrew. He can have had reservations about getting married, but truthfully does love Marina. These things aren't mutually exclusive, but Andrew is basically treating them that way.

So to me, Andrew dreams and tests himself. He gets his memories back but he didn't learn a damn thing. Instead of admitting that there's a part of himself that enjoys this, and that's ok and perfectly compatible with not WANTING this, he instead just doubles down on "I'm just a happy little slut wife". Because he didn't take any responsibility for his wrong doings (perhaps the wrong doings towards Marina), next dream sequence the stick comes out. No more fun happy orgasms, time for some punishment.

Page 1004 spells it out really clearly. "If I'm mentioning Marina, it's because this is something you need to talk about.". But Andrew doesn't talk about it in the dream. He skirts around the question and instead goes into a flashback. What happens next dream? We go straight to how Andrew screwed Marina over.

I will say that the amount of influence that these dreams and possibly imaginary Goddesses appear to be having over his important life decisions, is rather alarming and could/should point towards psychosis and/or dissociative identity disorder.
I think this is flipping it around. It's not like these dreams have been "whispering in Andrew's ear" and guiding him down this path. "Aphrodite" only first showed up in a dream way after Andrew had been thoroughly feminized. If these dreams are dreams (and largely symbolic rather than literally Andrew arguing with someone in his own head), then I don't necessarily think it has to be an identity disorder.

Take for instance Andrew getting lost in the roleplay as Elena. I think it's reasonable for that to be a fictionalized exaggeration of taking roleplay too far, rather than definitively being other personalities residing inside him. I mean, from experience it doesn't seem that outrageous to "in the moment" play up what you think your partner is expecting to give them a thrill? Or it reminds me of when I spent a weekend listening to nothing but sissy hypnosis and femmed up. To make the whole experience that much more thrilling, I let myself "believe" that it was working and that I was reduced to a stupid slut.

Now granted, Andrew's situation is a bit extreme specifically because of the whole language thing. While I don't think that fits an identity disorder, it certainly is a concerning trait and feels like a defensive trait. Like he's sticking to certain behaviors because that's a safety net. Maybe this is just arguing over semantics, but at least for me, I've not seen any evidence that Andrew has ever been "taken over". I think we assumed that for a while due to the memory gap that maybe that's when another personality took over. But now that we've basically filled all of that in during flashbacks, we've seen that Andrew behaved as Andrew during that entire time.

Andrew and Marina appeared to be a happy couple and the idea from her uncle was more of a funny temporary adventure than anything that appeared to be dark and permanent. The tone from the early chapters is very different from what the tone is now. That's something that I think everyone can agree on, right?
To be honest, that wasn't my impression at all. As soon as the story started about how Marina is a fledgling journalist, and Andrew was a wannabe actor, I was assuming that the story was gonna put the couple through the wringer. To a certain extent, the story has been lighter than I thought it was gonna go, in no small part because we have a story that still refuses to tell us whether or not there's a "bad guy". Because of how bland Nikos has been, it made the situation feel lighter to me, and it's only been on reflection that he seems like a super fucked up guy. Even still, realizing how much of an asshole he didn't really make the story dark, just made him as a character kinda gross.

So, I understand anyone who feels deceived or like this was a bait and switch. I personally feel deceived.
That said, I do feel a bit deceived. Not because of the tone, but because of the genre. As a feminization story, we have absolutely blasted through a ton of the feminization. And because of the way the story is set up, there's really no tension anymore. I'm not worried that Elena will get found out because 1) it doesn't feel like anyone actually cares and 2) Andrew has apparently perfectly adopted mannerisms, behavior, skills, etc so that there's no risk of being found out.

I'm not really worried about the well being of Nikos and the daughters because they're kinda shit people for how they've treated Marina and Andrew. So even if there was an actual danger towards them, I can't say I care.

I keep begging/complaining/hoping that someone else also gets feminized, in both this and Kpop, because presumably that's what makes it a feminization story. Or there needs to be some kind of tension left that makes it so that the feminization still plays a role in the story. Like say, An Emperor's New Groove. Or Freaky Friday. Or any number of transformation stories where one person gets stuck as someone else. Especially in magical stories, the TF might be over quick, but the fact they're transformed plays a large part in the plot over the course of the plot.

Andrew has been Elena "fully" for over 500 pages. There has certainly been a mystery in those 500 pages, but Elena hasn't had any real difficulties navigating through the day to day. For all intents and purposes, the last half of this story has just been starring a middle aged Greek milf that's suffering from memory loss and is paranoid that there's a conspiracy out to get her.

From a forced feminization POV, it's the opposite of what was wanted, so technically it could be considered a dark ending because it was too happy. :unsure:
I've said this before but I genuinely think that what Melissa considers "happy" or "dark" is only from a very specific point of view, and it may be taking huge liberties with those concepts.

I mean, if we assume that Melissa's fetishes are TG and Age Progression, and that the readers enjoying this story have the same fetishes are expected to self-insert as Andrew, then being stuck as Elena and married to Nikos isn't a dark ending, right? Even if he's a manipulative gaslighting POS, if that's the fantasy, then it's not "dark"... right?

That's where I think the whole notion that this story won't "leave a bad taste" nor have a "dark ending" to be completely impossible. If Andrew is stuck as Elena, no matter how it's played up that she's enjoying her new life, it was something that's clearly been forced on her. On the flip side, if Andrew somehow undoes everything, then imo it'll leave a bad taste in most reader's mouths because people expect a feminization story to have... well, feminization (that sticks).

Like, that's what caused dozens of pages of complaints about the Sixpacksite story Blondie, and had people clammoring for a direct sequel. Because it felt like such an asspull that our feminized protagonist just "undoes" the feminization and goes back to being a mysoginistic pig. Even though he "wins", so he has a "happy ending", it still leaves a bad taste because in the case of that story it's 1) he ends up as a worse person than at the beginning, and 2) the readers were in it for the feminization.

Really, what's been bothering me these last few longform stories is that for all of the extra pages, we really haven't had compelling characters. And imo, that's what messes with the tone the most, and why I was so relieved that we finally went mask off in Kpop. It's not subtle, but I'd rather we have a lack of subtlty but at least some motivations and characterization, than planks of wood that do what the plot needs them to do.

Stevedore100

Dec 4, 2023

Also I wouldn't be so quick to assume what most MTF TF fans want. There are all kinds of weird fetishes out there that don't really make any sense unless you have that fetish. I've heard from masochists and humiliation fetishists who self-insert as Andrew and still want bad things to happen to him. There are probably sadist/dom fans who might self-insert as Nikos. And plenty of others who don't self-insert at all.

Im going simple here - this sequence has seen Andrew admitting to Marina that he is responsible (lost, spent, whatever) the wedding funds, so he is feeling guilty, and then we see him being betrayed by his acting teacher, but poena says that he does become Orlov's favorite student . The how of that may also involve guilt (and possibly the money) and one assumes important to what is going on currently.

rebirth095

Jul 25, 2021
Im going simple here - this sequence has seen Andrew admitting to Marina that he is responsible (lost, spent, whatever) the wedding funds, so he is feeling guilty, and then we see him being betrayed by his acting teacher, but poena says that he does become Orlov's favorite student . The how of that may also involve guilt (and possibly the money) and one assumes important to what is going on currently.
My gut instinct is that the Orlov scene is before the money is gone. Orlov has Andrew do some kind of training and it "succeeds", but it results in Andrew losing all the money.

The difficult thing to reconcile is: "why does Marina forgive him?" Based on later comments, it seems like Andrew must have been believably duped in some way so that it's not "entirely" Andrew's fault. Or... Andrew makes up a lie that generally convinces Marina, but deep inside he knows that he's the one that's responsible.

If he did lie and not relate it to the acting, that could help explain why Marina isn't wary of Andrew taking on immersive role at the start of this story.

Thalantyr

Dec 1, 2023
My gut instinct is that the Orlov scene is before the money is gone. Orlov has Andrew do some kind of training and it "succeeds", but it results in Andrew losing all the money.

The difficult thing to reconcile is: "why does Marina forgive him?" Based on later comments, it seems like Andrew must have been believably duped in some way so that it's not "entirely" Andrew's fault. Or... Andrew makes up a lie that generally convinces Marina, but deep inside he knows that he's the one that's responsible.

If he did lie and not relate it to the acting, that could help explain why Marina isn't wary of Andrew taking on immersive role at the start of this story.
Marina can still forgive Andrew even if it was entirely his fault. Maybe he gave her a really sincere and convincing apology and she didn't want to call off the wedding over money. She'd have to forgive him.

Marina draws a parallel between this and current events based on how Andrew described what happened:
ch13-0432.png ch13-0433.png

But in the flashback he also tells Marina not to call the police, so I think that probably rules out Andrew being drugged. I think he got drunk, did something stupid to lose the money, doesn't remember what he did or why but sees evidence of what happened and therefore can only blame himself. We also know that he is now wary of alcohol and this would be a good reason:
ch04-0093.png

rebirth095

Jul 25, 2021
Marina can still forgive Andrew even if it was entirely his fault. Maybe he gave her a really sincere and convincing apology and she didn't want to call off the wedding over money. She'd have to forgive him.

Marina draws a parallel between this and current events based on how Andrew described what happened:
View attachment 3951584 View attachment 3951586

But in the flashback he also tells Marina not to call the police, so I think that probably rules out Andrew being drugged. I think he got drunk, did something stupid to lose the money, doesn't remember what he did or why but sees evidence of what happened and therefore can only blame himself. We also know that he is now wary of alcohol and this would be a good reason:
View attachment 3951596
To slightly rephrase, I think the main thing that's difficult to reconcile in my mind is that after the first night where Andrew impersonates Elena and accidentally commits to being Elena for longer, Marina is on a warpath and extremely upset. But ultimately, she basically takes a "I need space to cool off, enjoy your nonsense until I'm ready to talk to you again".

If the events in the past was too similar to this, I would have imagined it would be too close to home and the response would be anger and also: "Hell no, Andrew. You are not pulling this actor shit again. Last time you lost our savings, who knows what you'll fuck up this time".

That's something I've been struggling with ever since Marina got back and questioned the validity of the "being drugged" story. If the events were too similar, I would have thought a red flag would have been raised after night one. That's why I always ruled out the idea that Andrew was caught crossdressing or having an affair with a man. Because if that's what Marina was reminded of, she never would have encouraged Andrew dressing as Elena, or have just stormed off after Andrew committed to being Elena longer.

Hence why I'm really curious to see how this excuse threads the needle. Whatever Andrew's explanation is, it should be one that would give Marina red flags when the story proper starts.