4.50 star(s) 280 Votes

freedom.call

Donor
Mar 8, 2018
I hope the third game isn't about one main girl, and maybe more women instead of girls.

I know, crazytalk. :p

Onatauo

Mar 9, 2019
How would that even work? The MC is supposed to be an experienced musician, which is why he is hired to teach her music, for them to be the same age the story would have to be rewritten making them what? both students, the MC would now lack the years of experience in music so the whole tutor angle would be scrapped... it would be a different game with a different story.
It would make sense, there's tons of people who would have experience with touring since they were young I.E. Michael Jackson for example.

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
It would make sense, there's tons of people who would have experience with touring since they were young I.E. Michael Jackson for example.
I never said that it wouldn't make sense, I said it would be a different story which it would, the MC went to college then started touring and gaining experience as a musician that would all have to change, yes it could be rewritten to have the MC be younger but imo that would make the story different and give it a different feel.

JerryC

Mar 5, 2019
Fantastic. You speak from my heart. Unfortunately I can't express my impressions as clearly as you did. But I find myself in everything you say/write. Great post.
And yes, try after or while you play "Melody", also "Dating my Daughter".
I think the game is similarly fantastic for you. I'm definitely in love with both games.
Please, please do patronize Mr Dots. The hard work absolutely deserves your dollars.

And if you haven't yet already, do try DMD. The F-D thing may not be your jam, but the progression of the story and their feelings for one another come from a similar place as what you've experienced in Melody.
Hey guys, thanks for the suggestion to try DMD. Of course that's what I did right away after finishing Melody (yes I'm still crying about that, don't ask...). I'm almost done now, as I played a lot through chapter 2 already and I know it's still under development so it can't be that long yet...

I will get to the related forum for a proper review when finished, although I need to say, the game is great, but for me it can't compare to Melody... Will do a comparison as of why with more details here after writing the review.

JerryC

Mar 5, 2019
Hello there.
If you are a writer and love Melody for the story i think it's been some time since you checked the Adult game scene. Don't get me wrong tho.. I love Melody for what it is. Simple story, Choices that changes the story and good looking girls. But when it comes do deeper story it's about as shallow as a puddle of water. You would know if you had been checking around and tried more games. I give you 2 exampels from the top of my favourite list of adult games based on good story telling.
(Acting Lessons) & (Depraved Awakening) Both games are complete and free to DL from F95. Would love to hear your thoughts on Acting Lessons :)

Have fun :)
Hey, thanks for the links, I already saw these being very much appreciated and was planning on trying them one of these days, maybe in a month or so...

Although I have to answer to the first part of your comment. You're right about Melody not having a very convoluted story, I'll give you that. I wrote a very deep and complex fanfic once (regularly for 4 years actually). It's not what it is... and it's not what mesmerized me. I'm sure a lot of other adult games knows how to make things feel rewarding as well, not filling your time with easy fuckfest but rather making you attached to the girl and fighting for her very long before having the chance to get her. As I wrote in my review, Melody is more than that to me - and as it seems to others as well, which surprised me a little to be honest. I had a few days to think it off, so let me try and clear things a little.

I find my feelings about Melody bringing me back something like 15 years back, when I was 18 and was a helpless romantic. Had I continued on this path, I would probably behave and speak like the MC here in a lot of ways - one of the reasons I felt so much involved into it. That's an innocent, less jaded version of who I could have become. I did say that since playing it I was going strong on the Good Guy vibes, particularly with my loved ones... Not that this has never gone away, but life's reality shaded it as time goes by and disappointments follows. Well, the game brought back a part of me that was somewhat lessen, allowind it to burn through the sky again. That's incredible.

As for Melody herself. A fellow discord member phrased it very well :

We like her because we feel protective of her due to how inexperienced and young she is, and how she shows gratitude to the MC. It's not exactly a balanced relationship, but that's OK because it's a fantasy and most guys have a natural urge to protect and play the senior/dominant role in a relationship.
Melody actualy has a personality, and it feels like she can be in love with you, be your protege but still retain some independence. She has enough of a will of her own to be loyal to you, and to fight for you.
I think he's very right, and could add to that that for me personally it goes deeper. The reactions she has, the way she looks, the strength she can show are so much things that made me fall for her, as I wrote, at the same pace the MC did. The game takes the time to make you work towards it, and while it's not very hard to attain it - just make the most obvious choices for it and you will get the girl, it's so rewarding... At some points it was overwhelming for me to play. I couldn't stop at night for example, and got very little sleep... When usually I'm really cautious about this since I have a very demanding work. You can tell it got somewhere deep ( no pun intended :D ).

So, even if I have no doubt I'm going to find some incredible stories along the way now that I had my own depraved awakening (so to say), I don't think anything will get close to Melody - not about the game, deepness, or the story, but about how it spoke to me as a person.

JerryC

Mar 5, 2019
As for melody i only have a few complaints and many roses to give. My complaint is that you have to work really hard in avoiding sex with Amy. If your not carefull you get that scene weather yu want to or not. Bad for anyone on the Melody only path. Should be a clear option to say no, but all you get is 3 YES on the screen and then you are forced to have sex. It's a bit weird. :unsure: (Yes i know how to avoid it. But it's not a logical reasson becasue you have to Lie to amy about Arnold) Normally you have to work hard on getting sex, not avoiding it, haha :) I also miss music in the game. It's kind of weird to have all the story about a superstar music artist in a silent game. Now i'll go chill with Sofia :cool:
I didn't have any problem avoiding Amy - guess I was lucky. Yet you're right - more often than not adult games seems to set it far too easy to have sex, yet it's probably what most want... I'm just looking for great games that do reward you with adult pleasure, more than adult pleasures that requires me to click some more to get to it :)

Also you're right about the music as well. I was so surprised when I started the game, I was sure I had a bug - and had to look at a walkthrough's beginning in a video to make sure there wasn't any music ! So, since it's absolutely weird to me, I played the whole game with my own music - sometimes chill rock, but most of the time I used this wonderful compilation :

Reactions: JohnPonn

JerryC

Mar 5, 2019
I thought some type of music would come back this ep. But guess not, Now after reading all the posts for like a year I must agree that not having any music or sound whatsoever is messed up in a music themed game! I don't know what happened with the sound bites there was but......It really is boring playing now with no sound at all. I AM NO.1. FAN of Melody, but that is beginning to suck!
Add your own music as I did man :)

JerryC

Mar 5, 2019
In my opinion, the strength of DMD and Melody first comes from the rendering and shot choices. I personally like MDots more than any other artist out there doing this work.

DMD to Melody, imo, is an advancement in writing, plotting, and character development (except perhaps conflict). The third project is currently under development and will be an advancement in rendering and in scripting for several reasons.

But the visual element for me has always been my favorite and we work at advancing the scripting through your good comments, advice from writers (mainly screenplay writers), lecture series on writing, and more.
Looking forward for that third project !

Hi Jeff and happy to know you :)

I get what you're saying about more deepness in conflicts through the game being desirable. As a writer I would probably never allow any of my characters having it easy either - and it's true that getting to the point you want to feels quite straightforward.

But...

In the few other games I played, really bad things happened to some characters - I was sorry for them and trying my best to help them, yet I was riding the wave with just as much emotional issues.

In DMD, when

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I felt really bad, much more than seeing some characters being double raped in some other game after being kidnapped.

And about Melody... All it took was seeing her being angry at me for not turning down Bethany right away. That simple fact was devastating. I don't know how I would feel seeing her on the verge of suicide and having to talk her out of it, or any really dark moment. Some things would be simply unbearable, I think.

That's dumb, and as a writer I don't really know how can I say that - again, I never gone easy on my own characters... Yet I could play to see her being only happy for countless hours. I'm sure more conflicting moments would probably enhance the whole experience, but I'm not looking forward to it, I can tell you that much, haha !

Reactions: Genji

masteraaran

Jun 10, 2017
I just played through the whole thing the past two days (The game was far longer and had much more content already than I anticipated, what with the current version number.

I have absolutely LOVED the experience so far and I can't wait to see where it goes from here. I have had a really hard time choosing between Becca and Melody at first, hence I have two concurrent playthroughs, Melody #1, and Becca #2. Because honestly, the game is so well written, I feel that If I chose Becca, as long as Melody and I were still best friends, I would be ok with it.

As I'm waiting for the next Melody update, I'll probably go play all of DMD now too...

I have just one thing to say:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ReB0rn15

Feb 4, 2019
Hmm...probably the biggest secret the MC has that Melody must absolutely not know about is..., bigger than cheating,...
He loves EDM!

Okay so far, it's a great ride! The animations and lewd scenes are hot and amazing which is a huge plus on adult games.
The female characters look amazing as well. Man...Sophia is so cute and Xianne gives me the good vibes.

On the story, i'm not particularly interested on the music industry so i find it kinda boring. I love listening to music especially EDM but I can't relate to the story since I'm not a musician. If the story is about DJs then it would be fascinating for me.

Great job so far and I'm looking forward for the ending.

Les_Riggs

Oct 19, 2017
Hmm...probably the biggest secret the MC has that Melody must absolutely not know about is..., bigger than cheating,...
He loves EDM!

On the story, i'm not particularly interested on the music industry so i find it kinda boring. I love listening to music especially EDM but I can't relate to the story since I'm not a musician. If the story is about DJs then it would be fascinating for me.
There's a story idea in itself!
A DJ who works on a party island who plays dance music until all hours of the morning, five nights a week (taking Mondays and Tuesdays off), and he meets all kinds of women - they could be drunk, come up to his booth and she tells him how much "I love this song" that he's currently spinning.

Or one of the girls behind the bar is interested in him. Or the foreign girl who doesn't speak much English
is on the party island, simply looking for a good time - and she too also likes EDM!

1200px-Ajax_DJ.jpg

ReB0rn15

Feb 4, 2019
There's a story idea in itself!
A DJ who works on a party island who plays dance music until all hours of the morning, five nights a week (taking Mondays and Tuesdays off), and he meets all kinds of women - they could be drunk, come up to his booth and she tells him how much "I love this song" that he's currently spinning.

Or one of the girls behind the bar is interested in him. Or the foreign girl who doesn't speak much English
is on the party island, simply looking for a good time - and she too also likes EDM!

View attachment 260357
That's what i'm talking about!

I mean DJs are very popular nowadays and getting girls would not be a problem for them.
Maybe an MC is introduced to a female artist for a collab and that's where the story starts.
Of course there will be fangirls, other female artists, female manager...and the harem starts lol.

JerryC

Mar 5, 2019
JerryC @ age 12, got a guitar, always planned to start...
JerryC @ age 32, got his guitar repaired and booked his first lesson!

Hopefully my tutor won't try to fuck me... Yet again I'm not that pretty, eh?

Thank you so much, Melody!

Reactions: JeefZ and Pitrik

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
JerryC @ age 12, got a guitar, always planned to start...
JerryC @ age 32, got his guitar repaired and booked his first lesson!

Hopefully my tutor won't try to fuck me... Yet again I'm not that pretty, eh?

Thank you so much, Melody!
My tutor is a man :cry: :LOL:

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
I can't roll back or see history (log, the previous text messages) in 0.8. Anyone else has this too?

4.50 star(s) 280 Votes