4.50 star(s) 280 Votes

Ass-a-Lot

Aug 29, 2018
View attachment 308715

Friday I'm in Love

Hi guys,

I’d like to share our final preview picture from this Saturday's release of Melody v0.10 with you.
We thought we'd go with a simple (but certainly stunning) render of Melody, as to not give away too much away about the upcoming release. There's quite a number of new additions, several renders, plenty of animated scenes and much, much more!

Have a great day, and I'll be in touch again this weekend!

MrDots
Setting alarm 24-48hrs from now
giphy.gif

Les_Riggs

Oct 19, 2017
Oh, this faux manly attitude stuff again. Yay.

Yeah, you're late to all the discussions about how a person can be conditioned by raging bullies into a submissive posture that's tough to dig out of without some help, at first.
Agreed.

I really don't get why some are still so up in arms about that scene.
If anything, it gives us arguably the best lines (from Melody) in the game so far,
because it's so unexpected.

Another reason (among heaps of others) why most of us love Melody! :giggle:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
View attachment 308715

Friday I'm in Love

Hi guys,

I’d like to share our final preview picture from this Saturday's release of Melody v0.10 with you.
We thought we'd go with a simple (but certainly stunning) render of Melody, as to not give away too much away about the upcoming release. There's quite a number of new additions, several renders, plenty of animated scenes and much, much more!

MrDots
Hoping for a Sharon Stone Basic Instinct scene here.

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
looking forward to more Melody tomorrow :love: i’ll try to post a recent save later today for those that want to jump straight into the action.

(near or max points with Melody of course)

Reactions: RustyV

Deleted member 997153

I am a meat popsicle
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 7, 2018
Hey, I can't help it if you're lazy and sound like a caricuture. It seems you didn't actually play through the full game, considering the guy gets the girl and grows in the process, you see.

Or, is that too touchy-feely?

And thanks for the offer, but I'm pretty comfortable with this topic! Regardless of periodic drama queens passing through.
I fully admit it was a hot take on my part. I suppose I was frustrated that a character who heretofore had shown every indication of being a well-adjusted man and secure role model, is suddenly confused about his feelings for his ex when previously his internal dialogue indicated very little reason to doubt himself. This was seemingly done for no other reason than to have a manufactured dramatic moment and forced character arc for Melody. But I will say I definitely could have expressed that frustration better.

Despite your characterization of me, I did search the thread first for discussion of this topic, but without knowing which release contained the scene, I had very little luck getting hits. Hence, my original disclaimer that it had probably already been discussed.

The sad thing is you had an opportunity to point me to the discussion in question. But rather than giving me a chance to catch up on the discussion and, you know, educate me on the various viewpoints, you saw an opportunity to pass judgment and assert your shallow moral superiority over me. People of low accomplishment who find little to value in themselves typically resort to this sort of passive-aggressive tactic to feel good about themselves and you're clearly one of those people. I doubt you have many friends and the "friends" you do have probably don't like you very much. Who could like such a nasty, snide person? In the end, the only thing you've educated me on is that you're a person who should be ignored. Good luck in life with that personality :LOL:

ComixFan

Apr 15, 2019
OMG OMG OMG! Chapter 10 Tomorrow! Is there anyone more dependable than MrDots Games? Jeff (and his team?) is the Greatest!
Melody, DMD... I think we need a 3rd VN/game to fill in the gap between them. (I know... that would slow down all releases).
But a Pervert can dream can't I?

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
I fully admit it was a hot take on my part. I suppose I was frustrated that a character who heretofore had shown every indication of being a well-adjusted man and secure role model, is suddenly confused about his feelings for his ex when previously his internal dialogue indicated very little reason to doubt himself. This was seemingly done for no other reason than to have a manufactured dramatic moment and forced character arc for Melody. But I will say I definitely could have expressed that frustration better.

Despite your characterization of me, I did search the thread first for discussion of this topic, but without knowing which release contained the scene, I had very little luck getting hits. Hence, my original disclaimer that it had probably already been discussed.

The sad thing is you had an opportunity to point me to the discussion in question. But rather than giving me a chance to catch up on the discussion and, you know, educate me on the various viewpoints, you saw an opportunity to pass judgment and assert your shallow moral superiority over me. People of low accomplishment who find little to value in themselves typically resort to this sort of passive-aggressive tactic to feel good about themselves and you're clearly one of those people. I doubt you have many friends and the "friends" you do have probably don't like you very much. Who could like such a nasty, snide person? In the end, the only thing you've educated me on is that you're a person who should be ignored. Good luck in life with that personality :LOL:
Hey, I called you lazy because of your own indication that you couldn't be bothered to search: if you noted that it wasn't obvious and you still had an opinion, that at least would have indicated you put in a reasonable effort to make the attempt. Instead, you presented as someone with a sharp, off-colour opinion who couldn't be arsed to do what we all should hopefully attempt to do in a forum community: share what we know and ask about what we don't.

This isn't about your personality or history, but how you presented yourself in two posts that lent to this reaction: I even summarized two major characterization points related to the main item about the MC for which you apparently started complaining in what seemed rather narrow form. Usually I'll find the reference to support my assertions, but in the case of someone with a bent angle from the beginning, I'll give you what I know/believe and let you challenge that and/or ask for/demand supporting links because it's not even obvious that you'd care about reasonable debate at that point. When the well's already been soured, more genorosity gets extended to those who seem willing to not continue that trend.

And in the end, I'm just reacting like a mirror to what you're offering. If you'd like to debate the MC's personality and reactions to his ex-wife and how Melody's personality figured into the mix furthering their split, feel free to have at it. Or ignore me, as you say - no skin off my nose, I'm not here to pick fights and just react to or assert what I see. Nobody here has a corner on opinions.

EDIT: Since I rethought your post and it seems you may not have found anything since prior "discussion" and may actually be curious (not evident previously), a search for "Bethany fight" can bring you into the middle of when that episode's action was being debated:

https://f95zone.to/search/16483666/?q=bethany+fight&t=post&c[thread]=10668&o=relevance

Further, my own post history was just one of many in that timeframe:

https://f95zone.to/threads/melody-v0-0-9-extras-mrdots-games.10668/post-1425907

Last edited:
Reactions: Blayo and SlowDance

LP83

Engaged Member
Oct 13, 2016
View attachment 308715

Friday I'm in Love

Hi guys,

MrDots
Oh man!!, that preview has everything I love seeing her wearing: Cleavage, Skirt and SANDALS! :love::love::love:

Koko could be the common link to all three.
I'm not sur (or don't remember) how old is Koko in both games. It would be interesting in a future to have AT least one episode of a crossover, with bit older (obviously not a lot lol) Melody doing her thing and maybe sharing stage with DMD Koko, like in a festival or sth D and F could attend.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
I'm not sur (or don't remember) how old is Koko in both games. It would be interesting in a future to have AT least one episode of a crossover, with bit older (obviously not a lot lol) Melody doing her thing and maybe sharing stage with DMD Koko, like in a festival or sth D and F could attend.
Koko is near the beginning of her professional career (at least, in terms of gaining some popularity, it seems) in Melody, which is supposedly set a bit earlier in the Donutistan timeline than DMD. She's older and established+popular in DMD, but still relatively young it seems.

So, a followon series - in which we've heard hints that even some DMD characters might make appearances in some fashion - could conceivably keep Koko as a shared character and perhaps sub-theme, per @RustyV 's interesting idea.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Well Koko, Melody and D sharing something, not necessarily a stage. lol

Reactions: fried

LP83

Engaged Member
Oct 13, 2016
Koko is near the beginning of her professional career (at least, in terms of gaining some popularity, it seems) in Melody, which is supposedly set a bit earlier in the Donutistan timeline than DMD. She's older and established+popular in DMD, but still relatively young it seems.

So, a followon series - in which we've heard hints that even some DMD characters might make appearances in some fashion - could conceivably keep Koko as a shared character and perhaps sub-theme, per @RustyV 's interesting idea.
Well Koko, Melody and D sharing something, not necessarily a stage. lol
LOOL, Oh yeah

I'm excited to see what could be done after both games are done. Even tho they still are far from finished, we know Melody will end before DMD. And for a shared chapter to be done, we need to wait for DMD to finish as it won't be able to be on Patreon.
And also if the 3rd game that will start on Patreon after Melody is in this universe or not.

Time will tell lol.
For instance, can't wait for tomorrow!

Reactions: fried and RustyV
4.50 star(s) 280 Votes