VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Melody [v1.00 Extras] [MrDots Games]

1. 5.00 star(s)

capii

Great game with great renders, the story is compelling enough to get you to stay "just 10 more minutes" and when you see it's past 3:00 am LOL. I Strongly suggest checking this game out, the author is now making another game which is very good check it out too!
  2. 5.00 star(s)

collection

Excellent game. I loved the story, I fell in love with the characters, I really replayed the game to see how my choices affected the game and the music was great and really the game worthy of it's name Melody!
  3. 5.00 star(s)

GEO_the_great

As other reviews suggests it is very loooong but that aside it is a beautiful game most of the models look stunning. Story is also good have multiple endings. This is one of the games were I stayed for the story.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

Dexco

I think i would give this game 3.5/5
    This game is less good than his D&D i think. The main story with Melody is a bit boring and when it starts to be fun sexually the games end. Sometimes you can mess around with other girls which is more fun. The scenes have decent quality and you will find some of them good throughout the game. What i like the most in this game is when you leave an event and you go back in your house thinking out loud its somehow really exciting like you don't know whats gonna happend next like if some girl will knock on your door or if a girl will call you. I have never seen another devlopper doing this as good in other games.
  5. N
    3.00 star(s)

NaughtyDredd

Good game but if you want to fap this game is not for you.The renders are beautiful and the gameplay is ok but like i said its not really for fap its just a wholesome story and thats all.I would recommend if you like linear story based games.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Copito

Hermoso diseño en personajes (tanto textura de piel, como accesorios) me encanto la historia aunque algunas animaciones fueron muy pobres en eficacia, me encanto tanto que no lo quiero terminar D: ojala melody salga en otros juegos
  7. 4.00 star(s)

Links234

What a story! I did a Melody only playthrough, mainly because when a game is designed around one girl, I feel obligated to do a loyal playthrough with that girl, and I'm glad I did. Melody is a lovely character, both in appearance and personality, and undergoes a lot of character development. I loved seeing her grow and how my relationship with her impacted her mindset. I really enjoyed the theme of music in this game (and the music selection in general was really good too) and how it brought us together. This game is a very slow build, which I don't mind because I got to know her, care about her, and actually want to progress my relationship with her. And when we finally got to the sex, the scenes were extremely hot, and most of them had some really well done animations. And I'll admit, I shed a few tears during the perfect ending.

I do have two major complaints however, and that is why I can't give this 5 stars. My main complaint is that this game is too damn long. A lot of content is a good thing, but the middle part of this game, particularly weeks 6-9 when we begin "seeing" each other really starts to drag. I'm particularly not a fan of "seeing" relationships in general, but this section of the game becomes extremely repetitive, with just going on the same types of dates over and over again with nothing interesting happening. The other complaint I have with this game is the writing, which is good for the most part, but has some glaring problems here and there. For example, Melody is supposedly troubled in the beginning but, aside from one thing with her stepdad's possessions, the game doesn't show her doing anything wrong besides being a little snarky and sarcastic towards me. She doesn't have to do anything drastic, but the developers should've really showed how she has problems rather than just saying it and expecting us to believe it. The writing issue also ties in with the game being too damn long, as I feel the game would've been stronger if the seeing part was either rewritten or taken out. Maybe if Melody actually did more stupid shit, like stealing or something, and her troubles caught up with her and so we had to solve them together would've been much more interesting. Also, I got the feeling that multiple people wrote the dialogue for this game because even when Melody and I officially became a couple, she and I would still say we're seeing each other. Seeing isn't the same as dating.

Overall, this is a great game for the most part. I didn't bother with any of the other girls, and I doubt I ever will, even though based on the gallery, it looks like they've got some hot sex scenes and endings too. For one thing, I'd feel guilty cheating on Melody, as she is the star of the show. But the other reason is due to the length of the game. Even with Renpy's fast forward mechanic, it'd take a very long time. Anyway, I highly recommend playing this game, purely for Melody herself.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

thr0wgwent

What a story. This is one of those games where perhaps the story is even more entertaining than the alluring scenery and lewd content (which is also really good). Really enjoyed playing it, although there were a few things with the ending i didn't like, but overall an exceptional game.
  9. 4.00 star(s)

Sesinho

I think this game has the most relatable sex interactions of any game i played. Different girls approach sex in different ways, theres no much room for it, but some variation is actually refreshing.

The game is constructed around the story so theres no "grinding the same sex scenes 400 times". But it doesnt mean they are protrayed in detail, in my opinion many times they are just short, despite the fact that storywise they actually have meaning, they dont impact much.

This game story i would say is entertaining to read and quite consistent, everything that is happnening you know why its happening.
    Because of this, sex scenes also have some background and meaning BUT in the end , most of them being too short and lacking detail, dont actually have a strong impact.

So storywise i would say 5 of 5, im having fun reading and its quite long, its been 20 hours or more.
    But Blueball score is really low 1 of 5 maybe. Havent dropped my pants once, so is lacking something in that area.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

JaegerMister

Melody and the MC. An adorable, sweet romance that makes me feel like I'm watching How I Met Your Mother, except the mother is actually present for most of the story. These two are adorable together and the good vibes I feel while bringing them closer are awesome. A definite must play, everyone should try this at least once.
  11. 4.00 star(s)

Jack Beauregard

———————— (o˘◡˘o) ————————

"Soy un hombre muy honrado, que me gusta lo mejor
    Las mujeres no me faltan, ni al dinero, ni el amor"

*Ahem*

Visually, this is a very qualitative game, both in terms of characters and scenery. The animations are successful. The girls' panel offers us enough diversity to satisfy most of us. In short, it's great work!

The story is also very successful. Lots of choices, lots of ends, lots of girls, lots of temptation, but be careful the game is quite demanding and it will be difficult for you to get the best ending. I hope you'll reach it... well... if that's your wish.

The song is ended, but the melody lingers on. I hope you feel that way.

I don't give it five stars because perfection doesn't exist. On the other hand, if I could have given it 4.5 stars i would have done it gladly.

So don't hesitate and throw yourself on it, I highly recommend it. And since criticism is easier than practice, I'd like to say thank you and bravo to MrDots for his work.

"Ay, ay, ay, ay
    Ay, ay, mi amor
    Ay, mi morena
    De mi corazon"

Signed Jack Beauregard
  12. 2.00 star(s)

HereForTheArt

This game uses way too many buttons, but the thing is most of then are only 1 at a time that does only one thing, which is quite frankly idiotic. There's absolutely no need for a button when you have only one choice, it just slows things down for no reason.

I didn't like any of the endings. Two silly bad ends, that made no sense. Two lead to nowhere, the exact same nowhere to be precise. And as for the rest, aside from the ones centered around the female protagonist I felt they were more or less the same.

As you can guess from the name, this game is focused on one particular character. One I never found myself interested in and couldn't help just wanting to shoo her away to focus on the others. Which is unfortunate.

In the end, I found the game boring and tedious most of the time.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

rev_01

I think I'm at the point where I should review this game now. I wasn't on f95 when I first played this, but this is one of the only five games I've played more than once. Infact I've played this game four+ times. I can't remember the exact amount.

Melody is equal-first for my favourite game of all time and second for my favourite Love Interest in a game. Her personality is endearing. Her attitude really suits with her style and her design is exceptional. She has a clear story arc that is well executed and presented in an engaging and interesting way, and even at the less important parts, whenever Melody was in a scene, I enjoyed it. She faces struggles and overcomes them and despite her strong and independent personality, she is still very loveable and affectionate. In games, I prefer romance and story above all else and Melody delivers on this perfectly. I could not ask for better romance with Melody.

The render quality for Melody is exceptional and they contribute a lot to the immersiveness of the game because the renders look good and just work. The dialogue is also very well written, and very few lines feel out of place or don't suit. The other girls in the game also have nice designs and arcs (and although I don't prefer them anywhere near as much as Melody which is fair considering she is the titular character of the game), they still have interesting stories nonetheless.

The only thing which really comes to mind when I think of things I didn't like in Melody is the quizzes. Basically you are asked some questions about music for Melody's tutoring lessons and you have to answer them all right to get full Melody points. I find this a bit tedious because it isn't like they stated it in the game beforehand, it's more just general knowledge or you have to look it up. Although this is very minor and did little to subtract from my experience.

Overall, I highly recommend this game because it has well written characters, beautiful renders, an amazing story, and the MC is also well written and enjoyable to play as. :)
  14. 5.00 star(s)

MacAdGames

One of the first games I played and I hate that it good me hooked, one of the finest story lines which gradually took shape and got hooked, I read the whole story and it was really great with great animations. Wish there were more games like this, easy to navigate and understand.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

joeybramen

I loved every single bit of this game . The story has a good build up, and mltiple endings, with whatever girl you want to end up with. So it's good to save the game at a lot of points. And nice visuals! I recommend it to everyone!
  16. 5.00 star(s)

hatefuldisplay

I must admit, I passed this game over a few times because it did not look that interesting to me. Man, am I glad I gave it a go.

Let's roll into my thoughts on Melody:

PROS:

1. The characters are great for the most part.

In appearance, the characters look pretty realistic. The women have gorgeous eyes. I love that Sophia and Melody are adult, but appear to be a bit younger because not all women hit a magic maturity button at the age of 18 and look like full on adults. Beyond that, the cast members are not all walking perfection, which can take away from games to me a bit.

The characters all have a story. Some of these are really well thought out, especially for Melody. Well, the game is named after her so that makes sense.

2. The story is well thought out and quite extensive. It includes humor, tragedy, sex, and romance. A great amount of effort and love are shown in the plot.

3. The challenge. Getting a perfect ending is difficult. In fact, I don't know that I plan to go back and try again. I gained 330 out of the required 400 points and that was with saving a number of times and going back to change decisions later. Really, I had no idea when I started how much difference all of your decisions can make.

4. The sex. Tons of it. Various positions. Various women. Loads of masturbation and lesbian scenes as well. Loads of great fantasy stuff can be found here. Can we say massage oil?

CONS:

1. There are some consistency issues in the game. I guess my stocking fetish made me catch that in one of the scenes where Melody's stockings kept disappearing and re-appearing during the course of the scene.

2. The main character being in his thirties or forties and having to be slowed down a few occasions by much younger women was a bit irritating to me. I suppose it isn't unrealistic, but I kept thinking that he needed to put himself in check a bit better and let his engines cool down.

FINAL THOUGHTS:

What can I say? It rocked.

I am definitely planning to check out other games from this company. If you are into adult visual novels, hot teens, and don't mind a lot of story line; this one is definitely worth checking out.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Ozzfest

Melody is the sweetest teen to romance with I've ever seen in a game! Is the only game that I didn't care about sex or click spam just to see it ends. She will always be my top best character I've played in a game.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

ImproperTattoo

After the unforgettable jewel Acting Lessons, I've finally run into a game which made me feel like I truly cared for the characters. This is the first time I wished for Harem route not to fuck and dominate all the girls like an alpha male, but so that I could provide them love and passion and to keep them happy. Well done, thank you.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

il4400

A really very nice story, nice graphics and good action movies, great music.
    Excellent playability, very long-lived and full of alternatives, really a great product, congratulations to the developer, really good, thank you very much.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

gr33nappleboy

Just finished my first playthrough and I gotta say this is best game out there in terms of overall plot and character development. Even though there was still a buttload of fap material and steamy action in here, there were also plenty of relatable moments. The pacing was great and nothing felt rushed or out of place. All the characters and renderings were top notch and I can't say enough about it. I'm still looking forward to multiple more playthroughs to get different endings