Member categories / rank

Strike-10

Jan 19, 2022
Curious as to the breakdown / criteria of member ranks.
”new user”-“newbie”-“member” etc etc etc…
What is the complete list?
and the criteria for the changes?

thanks

Reactions: ZenoMod

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
Criteria for change seems to be number of counted posts (Above number of reactions).

And people with badges seem to be able to write custom names so those don't count.

Reactions: Strike-10

Strike-10

Jan 19, 2022
Criteria for change seems to be number of counted posts (Above number of reactions).

And people with badges seem to be able to write custom names so those don't count.
Ya I realize that mods/developers & a few others get the special stuffs.

I was mostly just looking for a list & table of the rungs on the ladder and the break-points

Reactions: ogapetape

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
I was mostly just looking for a list & table of the rungs on the ladder and the break-points
What for ? The badges meaning is relatively obvious, as well as the wait to get them. As for the "ranks", they have no real meaning. Being a "newbie" or a "well-known member" change absolutely nothing, both in the way you'll be perceived by the others and in what you can do.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
The "Newbie" and "Well-known member" ones are just a reflection of how many posts someone has. "Devoted Members" are people who have 5k posts or more. Not sure what the cutoff for Newbie -> Well-Known is.

Although if you have a badge (dev, donor, modder etc.) you can have a custom role.

But I have saw a few non-badgeholders who also have custom roles. One of them is "Disrespected Member", which I feel is probably a staff/mod trolling the user, and Avaron1974 has "Resident Lesbian".

Reactions: BlackDragom3636

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
Being a "newbie" or a "well-known member" change absolutely nothing, both in the way you'll be perceived by the others and in what you can do.
Except for the thought of "That guy hasn't been through enough 'oh hey, another <insert person> is so mad about <ntr/incest/bdsm/corruption/mean words>"

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
But I have saw a few non-badgeholders who also have custom roles. One of them is "Disrespected Member", which I feel is probably a staff/mod trolling the user, and Avaron1974 has "Resident Lesbian".
They both are due to a staff member. But the "disrespected member" is not trolling, he explicitly asked for it.

Except for the thought of "That guy hasn't been through enough 'oh hey, another <insert person> is so mad about <ntr/incest/bdsm/corruption/mean words>"
There's the date where you became a member, and the post count, right below. So, as I said, it change absolutely nothing in the way you'll be perceived.

Strike-10

Jan 19, 2022
What for ? The badges meaning is relatively obvious …
wasn’t looking for extra things that I can do.
I was curious because after 6++ months of being around it feels like ”newbie“ is pejorative … that being said I was curious where the next change happens for me personally and what it would be.

Also I like my posting to reactions ratio so I won’t be creating “fluff” crap postings to reach ANY level but it’s good to KNOW what the changes are and when it will happen.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
I was curious because after 6++ months of being around it feels like ”newbie“ is pejorative …
There's people who are newbies while being older than me on the forum. And, speaking of seniority, whatever how many posts you'll write, it will need years before you'll not be seen as a newbie by people with a 5 (or less) digits ID.

It's just a label, and labels don't mean much.

Strike-10

Jan 19, 2022
The "Newbie" and "Well-known member" ones are just a reflection of how many posts someone has. "Devoted Members" are people who have 5k posts or more. Not sure what the cutoff for Newbie -> Well-Known is.
There is at least two steps between newbie and WKM if I’ve observed correctly but it’s nebulous which is why I was asking if there was a faq or site guide that laid out the progression.

There's the date where you became a member, and the post count, right below. So, as I said, it change absolutely nothing in the way you'll be perceived.
Personally I hope my postings will speak for themselves or I wouldn’t bother =) … I don’t personally think most people will look beyond my X image most of the time.

Strike-10

Jan 19, 2022
I mostly just lurk & read … and my ratio ….
Yup, still a newbie. ;)
is one of the only gauges available to judge that I am contributing something …
your ratio is about the same as mine but you must have more free time or fewer demands on your free time than me =) and/or/maybe you are more likely to add $0.02 to get ~25x the postings as me considering we both became members about the same time.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
is one of the only gauges available to judge that I am contributing something …
I think it's the reason why Count Morado was saying that you are still a newbie. Not because of your number of posts, or number of reactions, nor even because of the ratio between both, but because you still think it mean something.

maybe because of the browser I’m using but I can’t see any user ID numbers you speak of…maybe I’m not looking in the right spot.
Look at the URL that appear, generally at the bottom of the browser, when you hover a member name. The member ID is the number that come after the nickname. Since it's a pure integer that increase by one each time a new member register, it tell how many people have registered before you.
There were less than 65.000 members when I registered, and already more than 4.5 millions when you did. Not that it mean something by itself but, like I said to Count Morado, when it come to the forum you looks like a baby to my eyes ;)

Strike-10

Jan 19, 2022
…., but because you still think it mean something.
Ya … I realize it doesn’t mean much … it could be ALL facepalms lol not to mention that an average posting doesn’t get any reaction.

Look at the URL that appear, generally at the bottom of the browser, when you hover a member name. The member ID is the number that come after the nickname. Since it's a pure integer that increase by one each time a new member register, it tell how many people have registered before you.
There were less than 65.000 members when I registered, and already more than 4.5 millions when you did. Not that it mean something by itself but, like I said to Count Morado, when it come to the forum you looks like a baby to my eyes ;)
excellent info and when on desktop I’ll look for it …but 99% of the time I won’t ever see it because I mostly browse the forums on my iPad which doesn’t display hover info cuz no cursor.
Its also probably why I don’t post as often as many others taptype is meh =).

Hagatagar

Oct 11, 2019
and the criteria for the changes?
This forum software (XenForo) uses a trophy system and usually the default titles are based on those points.
If that's still the case (admins can probably change that), you'll need a combination of how long you've been here and your amount of posts and recived reactions.
You also get trophies by visiting F95 on certain days like your birthday or New Year's Day.

They both are due to a staff member. But the "disrespected member" is not trolling, he explicitly asked for it.
On the other hand, there is at least one member with the title Well-Known Karen. :unsure::sneaky:

Jonboy80

Dec 8, 2017
Also I like my posting to reactions ratio so I won’t be creating “fluff” crap postings to reach ANY level but it’s good to KNOW what the changes are and when it will happen.
I'm the same way. I like to try and keep a 1:1 ratio for posts/reactions. Otherwise, I feel as though I'm not really contributing to a discussion.

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
My assumption for a person with a 5+ year old date and 12 posts is that they've spent the vast majority of their time looking at game lists and just downloading games. "Benefit of the doubt' just doesn't float it in terms of "have they been around the f95 block".

But then again, my assumptions don't mean much. It doesn't matter to me if you have 50k posts and have been here since day 1. Still gonna treat you the same as a yesterday with 3 posts. I.E. No difference.

Reactions: Strike-10 and hyfka

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
I'm the same way. I like to try and keep a 1:1 ratio for posts/reactions. Otherwise, I feel as though I'm not really contributing to a discussion.
I used to not give a shit, but then I realized I had something like 100+ more posts than reactions and it bothered me lol. For not other reason than I'm vain and self centered. Also, I'm a 5 digit member, though don't really know why that matters or was brought up to begin with.