Daz Mesh grabber

eri

Game Developer
Dec 3, 2017
Hello guys. I would like to ask this. Is it normal for mesh grabber to like redone my skin texture on like genitals ?

When I select mesh grabber, every time this happen.
1717890737491.png

I know overall how to fix this, but I dont want everytime I click on mesh grabber this to happen. IT is very annoying.
Thanks for every help :).
Im on 4.16

Nicke

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2017
Hello guys. I would like to ask this. Is it normal for mesh grabber to like redone my skin texture on like genitals ?

When I select mesh grabber, every time this happen.

I know overall how to fix this, but I dont want everytime I click on mesh grabber this to happen. IT is very annoying.
Thanks for every help :).
Im on 4.16
Yes, it's normal. As in, it's a bug in there somewhere that turns on shells on geocrafts where you want'em off.

I'm on an old version of Daz too (and only using G8), no idea if it's fixed on later versions.

Reactions: eri

eri

Game Developer
Dec 3, 2017
Yes, it's normal. As in, it's a bug in there somewhere that turns on shells on geocrafts where you want'em off.

I'm on an old version of Daz too (and only using G8), no idea if it's fixed on later versions.
Ah, thanks.

Turning Tricks

Rendering Fantasies
Game Developer
Apr 9, 2022
It doesn't seem to do this with G9's (AFAIK) but when I have it happen to my G8's I just run the Shell fix in Breastacular or GP. That usually fixes it.

TDoddery

Apr 28, 2020
Yeah as said, Mesh Grabber does do weird stuff with what's in the view window, but for me it seems to revert back to normal when I exit the tool, so while using MG I sometimes find it's easiest to just hide things I'm not "grabbing"

eri

Game Developer
Dec 3, 2017
Yeah as said, Mesh Grabber does do weird stuff with what's in the view window, but for me it seems to revert back to normal when I exit the tool, so while using MG I sometimes find it's easiest to just hide things I'm not "grabbing"
Hmm, yeah, for me its not just white thing that I show, sometimes it mess the textures too. So yeah it is very annoying.
And its just such a good tool.

drapak12

Jul 7, 2018
I never noticed that mesh grabber changes UV map. Anyway it always changes grafted fit to normal fit. Anyway it is still useful.
Remember that mesh grabber is just very useful interface for dformers. You can obtain the same result with dformers but it takes much more time.