VN - Ren'Py - Messy Academy [v0.20 pt 1 & 2] [Messy Studios]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Lynn

The game is overhaul is out and I finally had the time to play it through; time to share some thoughts on it in a standard P/C list.

- First of all the Ren'py redo is pretty great from a user's perspective. Everything feels a lot less clunkier than it did in previous versions.

- There's a lot less scenes in this current version than they were previously, but the art for each has been done. I personally prefer having a release with everything rather than releases with holes here and there, so that's great. On a side note, I liked that there were "small" variations of the art, which is pretty mandatory given the... central theme of the game. Good idea & I hope to see more of it.

- The game has a fun & silly atmosphere which helps suspension of disbelief. The eyebrow-raising starting incident of "We've hacked into encrypted NSA databases to get into a girl-only school" is easier to take when you pair that with the idea of said school having -strict- diaper rules. That level of chuckle-enducing plot foundations helped ground the characters into reality. If that kind of thing can happen, then the more cartoonish characters don't seem that out of place considering the world they live in.
    I also did like the main character's progressing reaction to the whole thing, though it's not all that apparent in this version (but I've seen the future in this case). Yep, this is weird, real weird, and it's best to acknowledge it imo.

Now to the con :

- The writing. I would say it's okay, good overall, but there's... too much of it. This is what I refer to as the "Stephen King Effect", where you can feel the authors are really into what they create that they want to "talk" about it for ever and ever and a day, but it becomes tedious for the audience.
    It's also apparent right from the get-go: the first thing you see is the entrance of the school, then your two buddies. It takes so many lines of dialog to get to where everything is supposed to go, which, in this case, is inside the huge building in the background. With your two buddies.

I don't mind long games, but it's also important to leave things implied. If two characters are having lunch during lunch break, you can assume that they've spent an hour talking with each other without writing an hour's worth of reading material. The writing should always further something, plot, situations, characters, whatever; a lot of lines feel like they're running in circles.

This is really my only negative takeaway from the game in its current state, and it's not that damning. I do hope this was more done as a way of introducing things, but there's going to be a lot of characters to be introduced... It's best to pace it rather than having their entire personality on display right when we meet them.

I'll take my own advice and stop right here. Great game overall. Love how it turned out.
    Will be waiting for Heather.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Fake Rabi ~

the file size is really acceptable now
    I just freaking love this game not because of the scat content (I dont really have a thing for those) but because of the story and routes it has, art is good, musics etc..
    I'll give this a five star hehe
    keep up the good work dev and keep giving us interesting content
  3. 1.00 star(s)

Mwanted

Tried the game and liked both the setting (school) and the characters (many different ones not the usual bombshell copypaste). Regarding the content, there is a good amount and variety of kinks (dating, cheating, groping, etc..) that of course you're going to appreciate to various degrees depending on your personal preference. What disappointed me, to be honest, was the decision to strip the game of already implemented content (in this case the cheating parts, something that I considered to be fun). I believe that any potentially interested party should know that.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

feelsbadman.inc

Very unique, I like the slow build up that the author is going with. All the cg's are well done, just wish there might be more or different kinda of cgs for when the diapers get used. Good amount of content and I am very excited to see this game get even better as it goes along.
  5. F
    4.00 star(s)

Fariel228

Well the game is pretty nice, although in relatively early stages of development
    Pros:
    1) Nice unique art
    2) Logical plot
    3) You can spank girls
    Cons:
    1) You can spank girls but only through diaper, like whats the point, its kinda sexy if its on bare ass or with panties, but man, slapping a diaper is cringe. Nobody wants to beat piece of puffy cloth.
    I think the best school punishments are in game Headmaster, if the dev can make the same but in 2dcg, it will be even more awesome. especially if the teachers are female, like there is nothing more sexy than 2 girls spanking each other :cool:
    2) early dev and not very much kinks or sex
    Anyway its my personal opinion but the game seems to have potential. 8/10
  6. 4.00 star(s)

TheExpert

Okay, so diaper fetish isn't really my thing but the artwork and concept made me give it a try.

Pros:
    1.) Artwork is nice, very cute girls
    2.) Dialog is above average, easy to read, has a nice flow and doesn't have that broken translation feel. [Creator(s) may be native english speakers, feels that way.]
    3.) Characters have good personalities. Each girl "talks" differently and stands out.
    4.) MC starts out not being into the diaper fetish and admits several times that enjoying it isn't "normal". I think this was a great approach for the devs to take. It's a fetish, so not everyone vibes with it, so them starting the game off with the MC not being a hardcore diaper fan made it easier to play.

Cons:
    1.) Biggest complaint is the text and background color. It was hard to read at times. I had to take a break after about 20 mins as I started to get a headache. Maybe a black outline on the text or a darker shade for the background of the text box.
    2.) No gallery that I could find. I assume one will be implemented in the future, as the game is still in early development.
    3.) I'm not sure how to pronounce Miki. "Micky" and "Mikey" sound like guy names, so I read it as My-Kye, sounds more feminine.

Can't say this game converted me to a messy diaper fan, but it's interesting and great artwork. Keep up the good work.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

fugazi666

a lot of adult games are being made nowadays, but the ones with original plots and ideas are still far and inbetween. this one promised to be a good diversion from the default and fail-safe (?) "college freshman with no idea about what to do with his life, so he goes on corrupting and fucking his immediate female family members" formula and i gave it a go. so very glad i did. first of all, it is one of the funniest adult games i have ever played and it is much more about the witty/silly dialogs than the kinks and weird-ass situations involved. the models look original, at least nothing like i have seen before. sure they look rather on the "petite" side, but if a dev says everyone in the game is an adult, you just gotto take their word for it. right?.. spelling and grammar are more or less devoid of errors, so nothing to distract you on that front. as with anything about the game, the engine is a bit unusual too, but you get used to the keys after a while (enter or left mouse key to progress, right mouse hides the text box and middle mouse brings up the menu, where you can save and load). all in all it was a fun little ride. one area of improvement would be the inclusion of sound effects. i hope the dev gets the support he deserves and we'll get to see how things develop in this freaky, quirky educational institution, all the while finding out about its big secret.