Unity - Metal Flame [v1.01] [WOD]

1. 4.00 star(s)

dudibudi

Review of Verison v1.01

A side-scrolling shooter. And a solid one at that. I must admit, I did not play this game very much. Its not due to the lack of gameplay, but just that this game is not fiitting my taste. So take this Review more of a short impression of mine.

Cons:
    -Robot Sex. I do not like robot sex and this seems to be all about it. Thats the reason why I won't play it.
    -I could not find any tragic cons in my tiny playthrough.

Pros:
    +Very good art design. The animated sex scenes are on top of the pixel art sex scenes. So double the work was put in here. One of each would be enough for some developers.
    +I liked the music. Nothing ground breaking but fitting and unique.
    +Good pixel art. It sex and in combat
    +Gameplay feels tight and responsive.
    +Good Weapon Sounds.

This is sadly the end of my review, since this is just not my fetish.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

CBTWizard

+Hand-made pixel sprites and environments
    +Fairly decent and difficult gameplay
    +Live2D and Pixel animated H-Scenes
    +Weapon/Gear Leveling & Customization

-main and lobby menus are awfully generic looking
    -lack of variety of H-Scene Sprites (the first 3 are all the same, only a different enemy)
    -majority of Live2D H-Scenes are reused at least twice (only original ones are 4-4 Boss, Stage 5's rifle/shield enemies and Defeat Scene, and Stage 2's defeat scene)
    -most chips are generally useless compared to others requiring lots of grind
    -lack of UI instructions (game doesn't tell you "Q" opens up the in-game menu or how to install chips)
    -No Controller Support
  3. 3.00 star(s)

Oir

Pretty decent shooter, pretty bad H-game.

Very nice sprites and good movement make this satisfying to play. Unfortunately, the H-combat is locked to whenever you lose a life/lose a stage. What's more, the H-content is heavily reused (i.e. sprites take the same position/CGs with multiple enemies). This makes it a complete drag to collect H-content. You only have a couple of lives as well, losing all of which makes you restart the entire stage.

The game is quite difficult if you're not tryharding. Very easy to get hit with stray bullets here and there. Upgrading stuff takes a really long time as well (you have to complete multiple stages just to collect enough currency to get the level 1 upgrade to your basic weapon).

Should honestly be like 2 stars if the game didn't look so nice. But unfortunately, you're way better off just playing Captivity which does basically everything better.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

Squall14

[v0.03] Very average game, nearly poor so far. I was really hyped when i saw the menu screen with that big boob animu and that fire ass music. But when i started level one, i was like: aww, it's like this.. (i was disappointed basically). You just start as this chick with a pistol or a machinegun (whatever you want to choose) and you're fighting robots. You have no idea why but you just gonna do it. The first three levels contain a lot of platforming on small objects (it gets boring after 5mins). The first boss is at the end of level 3 and when you defeat it you'll enter level 4. And guess what, it is the same enemies, the same background music and the same design (i couldn't continue after this). I know this is an unfinished game but right now it is not looking good. You obtain new equipment after completing a level but i couldn't for the life of me equip them. The h-scenes... I think there is only one and it has some reused moaning voices. I'm always letting games a chance so that's why i gave this 3* because i know the developer can do better.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

souldead341

So, review for version 0.03, obviously things may change a lot later in development.

So, the image of the character in the menu is the only drawn asset so far. The actual game and sex content is 100% lower quality sprites. It's pretty average and standard for the Sci-fi scroller /shooters around. The enemies are all non-humanoid robots, so if that's something you want or hate, there you go.

The game play is honestly not great. Movement feels ok, though landing on narrow platforms can be a bit floaty. The biggest annoyance with movement is that you don't jump as far if you're aiming opposite your jump's direction. It's just annoying since you need to jump back and forth up a series of platforms, and have to remember to re-aim to be able to jump far enough. I'm sure given time I'd get used to it, but it feels off to me.

Shooting isn't bad with either the pistol or SMG you can start with, only 1 at a time but infinite ammo. The secondary shotgun you get in the first level is ridiculously short ranged, so I found it to risky to use. There's no melee I noticed in the game.

There's only 1 upgrade I found (though i didn't finish the second stage, so it may drop another). You basically can only install chips into your weapons, which affect their stats. It's a click and drag into a slot thing, but not explained in game.

You have what is basically a pod from Nier Automata for special attacks and healing / grapple breaks. The issue is it follows you around, but can get lost / stuck if your rush part of a level. It's also basically impossible to aim or control the missile special attack it has. It fires forward based in it's facing, not your aim. So the railgun enemies that are in front of you you want dead are often missed since it fired back and the melee enemies that are no threat (might) get hit.

A big annoyance / issue for me is that you can't heal outside of the 2 "lives" you get. So I never found any medpack type things, you don't heal between areas of a level, nothing. You also have to call the pod back to your location when knocked down to heal, which just seems like an extra, pointless button press.

Regardless, I'd wait for more development to download since there's not enough here to really be worth it currently.