Midlife Crisis: a game idea

megaplayboy10k

Apr 16, 2018
Premise: After his wife leaves him for a younger, in shape, more successful coworker, who engineers the loss of his job, the middle aged MC has to put his life back together over the course of a year. Starting out the year 50 pounds overweight, divorced, unemployed, broke, depresses, angry, bitter, with no car, living in a shitty apartment in the worst part of town, the MC has 5 goals:
1. Get in great shape, dress and act better
2. Get a great job
3. Move to a great apartment or buy a nice home, with a sports and/or luxury car
4. Date elite "5 star max" women, from professional, fitness, street, refined and "off limits"(taboo/dangerous) backgrounds
5. Final goal: Revenge or Reconciliation with the ex wife

In game there would be different dating services which would enable the MC to go on dates with women from different backgrounds. As his rep improves he will be able to date more "elite" (broadly desirable and highly selective) women.
Example services: OKStupid, GoFish, and Dregslist. MC could also meet women at different locations and attempt to ask them out.
The game would progress slowly at first, with the MC struggling to get progressively better jobs, to stick to a diet and exercise plan, and date from the bottom up. There would be periodic scripted events--the ex will announce her engagement at some point, putting you on a deadline.
Failure conditions include:
1. Misconduct on too many dates or in public places will get you put on the sex offender registry.
2. Trying too hard, too early, or the wrong way to win back the ex or get revenge can result in her getting a protective order. If you have kids (tbd), you will lose visitation.
3. If you get fired from too many jobs you will be unemployable.
4. If you gain 20 pounds above your starting weight, you will get a heart attack.
5. If you fail to pay rent for too long you will be evicted.
6. Time expires with goals unachieved, or she marries the new guy.

Just thought it might be a nice/funny premise and change of pace from younger MCs or dads/uncles trying to eff their daughters/nieces.
I suspect, for one, the premise is pretty relatable for older male players. ;)

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
Major hurdles for making it playable would be character development. I don't hate the premise, but it would be hard to get me invested in the sex with these casual encounters. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a sentimental sap that needs to date a few times before we get busy, but as I often say when talking about how story and character depth matter, that's not what I'm looking for in a game. When I play a game I want to be motivated by the characters to have sex.

In other words, you'd have to have very convincing first dates with the women to make this fun. Also, if you make the women too picky they become the antagonist, and I generally don't like playing games where I have to defeat the woman to get her into bed. That doesn't include corruption ofc, which can be used effectively, but I'm of the opinion that you can only corrupt the willing.

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
It's sounds... mechanical? I think it's the best word, the way I understood is girls, jobs, weight seem to be more about the numbers than the story, in that case I'd say I wouldn't care about it all.

If instead of dating more girls to level up and go after more picky women you could get to meet and woo them the usual I think it would be better.

Or feel free to ignore me, I wouldn't play a game with a old fat man on principle, so I had no business being here in first place.

Reactions: DarthSeduction

megaplayboy10k

Apr 16, 2018
I agree, that as I presented it--largely me thinking out loud--it does come across as fairly mechanical. I think I'd want to flesh out the characters--even the "slump buster" dates early game--to make them more compelling. The workplaces, gyms, etc. would have dateable characters with distinct personalities. The dating sites idea occurred to me because I haven't seen it explored in other games...even though a ton of people meet and date that way nowadays. I don't anticipate that the "numbers" aspect of it would be as visible. You might check your scale once a week, see your paycheck once a week, etc. If there is a "level grinding" aspect to the game, I'd want it to be at least somewhat entertaining.

antoniomontenegro

Dec 29, 2017
Premise: After his wife leaves him for a younger, in shape, more successful coworker, who engineers the loss of his job, the middle aged MC has to put his life back together over the course of a year. Starting out the year 50 pounds overweight, divorced, unemployed, broke, depresses, angry, bitter, with no car, living in a shitty apartment in the worst part of town, the MC has 5 goals:
1. Get in great shape, dress and act better
2. Get a great job
3. Move to a great apartment or buy a nice home, with a sports and/or luxury car
4. Date elite "5 star max" women, from professional, fitness, street, refined and "off limits"(taboo/dangerous) backgrounds
5. Final goal: Revenge or Reconciliation with the ex wife

In game there would be different dating services which would enable the MC to go on dates with women from different backgrounds. As his rep improves he will be able to date more "elite" (broadly desirable and highly selective) women.
Example services: OKStupid, GoFish, and Dregslist. MC could also meet women at different locations and attempt to ask them out.
The game would progress slowly at first, with the MC struggling to get progressively better jobs, to stick to a diet and exercise plan, and date from the bottom up. There would be periodic scripted events--the ex will announce her engagement at some point, putting you on a deadline.
Failure conditions include:
1. Misconduct on too many dates or in public places will get you put on the sex offender registry.
2. Trying too hard, too early, or the wrong way to win back the ex or get revenge can result in her getting a protective order. If you have kids (tbd), you will lose visitation.
3. If you get fired from too many jobs you will be unemployable.
4. If you gain 20 pounds above your starting weight, you will get a heart attack.
5. If you fail to pay rent for too long you will be evicted.
6. Time expires with goals unachieved, or she marries the new guy.

Just thought it might be a nice/funny premise and change of pace from younger MCs or dads/uncles trying to eff their daughters/nieces.
I suspect, for one, the premise is pretty relatable for older male players. ;)

there are many games for those who like models
and for those who like
grandma , mother and daughter to look like 20 y.o sisters (lol)
There are also games where mom or grandma have pussy like a 10 year old virgin girl (lol)
but I think the DEV`s who made this kind of game have some complex, or live in a fantasy world where all women
20/ 50 or 100 years old are all models
when I see a good game here I go to patreon and sign up
because I think the DEV deserve to be paid for the job
but when I see here a game where mom is 20 y.o (model)
the daughter is 20 y.o (model) the son is 20 y.o (model), I don't even waste time downloading
I consider midlife crisis good and I'm not older male player
I think you are not yet old for these games
lol
the minimum age is 18 years
eheheheeh

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
Welcome to the forum, and good luck with your game.
The post-NTR game concept has been done a few times, but it never gets old.

megaplayboy10k

Apr 16, 2018
It's one idea on a long list. Generally I think having protagonists with different circumstances is a good way to avoid staleness. For any game-making or storytelling media.

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
unlike what someone said before, I like how your original idea sounds like an actual game with goals, stats and mechanics. so often people put stats into a game just because they saw someone else have them, but really just make a VN which wouldn't require stats at all.

as always it depends on the execution of course.