VN - Ren'Py - Milfania [Ep.4 Beta] [Dr.Phoenix]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Requiem131

This one fails more than it succeeds in my opinion. The first main bad point is the story, right from the beginning it failed to create any interest, tension or anything. Right from the get go. There are no real choices outside what scenes you want to see either and the amount of content is small for 3 episodes worth.

Render quality is decent as are character models, but not anything incredible. And animations are a bit on the weak side, but not terrible either. I turned off the music so can't judge it, and outside of it it just has a few sound effects which more or less work.

So, it's not a terrible game, it's just is not a good one.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Forgotted

It might be a pretty good effort for a first release but since it's been out for just under a year and a half without much improvement, it's probaby just a game to pass on.

The images are fine. Some have transition issues such as their face to the forehead and up. There are shading differences as well as what look like lines from cutting/pasting textures....or something like that.

Admittedly I didn't get too far into things, but there isn't much of a story and characters switch moods instantly seemingly with no memory of what happened a minute ago.

It's also not much fun reading something with strange phrasing, sentences that don't make sense, as well as being made up of simple sentences that don't really go together.
    I mean, kuddos to someone writing a story in a foreign language, but after over a year and all the resources available here, it should be much better.

Hopefully the Dev will use some of those free/paid resources here and improve the game. Till then....pass.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

Scubatropin

I would easily give it 4 stars, except you've got this cock-blocker named Bruce that walks in and starts bogarting all of the scenes. Why on Earth would you put that guy in when you've got a harem that just came over to wish you a happy birthday? SMH. I don't get it, you had the best set up.. and then Bruce walks in.. why why why?
  4. 5.00 star(s)

mrwowaccount

Graphics and dialogue are great. The mother here is so attractive. I hope for more content. I hope for animations to be the same quality. I hope for more positions. This remaster is headed into the right direction
  5. 1.00 star(s)

TheimmortalP

The girls are cute and all, but most of the dialogue doesn't need to be here, and makes the game feel 3 times longer than it actually was.

I'd recommend cutting out most of the dialogue, and trying to get more to the point, because this was a total slog.
  6. 3.00 star(s)

thebowkid

The game has potential, but it seems like there won't be any compelling story, and just sex with the typical characters archetypes found in other visual novels, but with better renders than the average game in here.

The biggest problem is that right now reading it is really hard and breaks the immersion. I would recommend working on the dialogues to make the experience more enjoyable.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

tarnimator

I like games where there is sexual content at the start. Sometimes it takes ages before some sexual content is starting. The renders are very good the characters are amazing. The story looks promising but the dialogues could be a bit better. Overall i cant wait for the next update this is certainly a game i will be playing more in the future!
  8. 3.00 star(s)

Deleted member 4963437

So, my first review for a game. It's a pretty swell game actually! But I'm gonna try to keep this review short and sweet. Keep in mind, I'm reviewing the demo, and things may change later on.

The Renders and The Girls

So, in terms of images, this game is actually decent. The girls look amazing and the renders are quite fantastic. However, sometimes I feel as if it can be a bit lacking in terms of some scenes, and some poses feel a bit stiff. Personally, I'm not a big fan of Ayuko's hair, and when she first came through the door with those sunglasses, I thought she was some crazy ass bitch. I really like how Amelia, Amanda, and Nicole look, but not a big fan on how Ayuko and Kendra looks.

The Writing and The English

Okay, this is what I have an issue with. This game needs like, MAJOR proofreading. It took me so long to release a patch for it to fix the English. The English.. is pretty bad. Hopefully, however, Dr. Phoenix makes an update which adds more content, and fixes the bad English. The writing.. is not great either. It feels a bit dull sometimes and fairly lacking. I did like the part on where MC was making up that dream, though. I'm not sure why the game was ended on a cliffhanger, as the cliffhanger did not feel that exciting and suspenseful. If you are making a cliffhanger, make it good.

The Programming and The Coding

Okay, the programming is BAD on this one. And I'm saying this because I have experience in Ren'Py. I mean, holy fucking shitty cow. This game was pretty messy. First, labels in labels? The labels won't even work? Undefined labels without any code blocks what-so-ever? So many damn spaces! Labels with practically the same name? Sounds that are looping? Choices that don't even work? Okay, this was bad. Real bad.

Overall

The writing is dull, the coding is bad, the English is awful, but the girls and renders are nice. It has a good start, but it will take a lot of updates for this game to actually become good.
  9. 4.00 star(s)

Gosamr

Every single one of the ladies in this rightly self-proclaimed demo is absolutely drop-dead gorgeous, especially, for me, Amanda the very first lady we encounter and indeed, the star throughout this part, at least, of the show. Unfortunately, early on, there's a fair amount of circuitous waffle... most certainly at least in the bedroom at the start, which does, of course, serve to and succeed in showing off the girls in all their shapeliness and splendour.

So, the rendering is top drawer, but the story really needs a lot of work (or perhaps just unfolding) and, unless I am greatly mistaken, must be seriously moulded into some interesting shape and form if this is to become a sustained and credible undertaking.

Nevertheless, for the current demo state it is in, it is certainly extremely presentable and a pleasure to experience. Hence the 4 star rating of this experience.

My hope is that this creator's sparkling rendering skills can be allied to a really fun storyline which will serve to provide everyone with a memorably steamy adventure deep in the hearts of Milfania.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

Markbestmark

Firstly I would say that, for me, the best critic here on f95, this looks promising but short. I see, that dev, really wanted to make this first update to be looking good. I can also ensure you that graphics are fine, but I would spend more time on the story. as this is a visual novel, and there has to be a good story after all