ijako3

Sep 6, 2017
hahaha so funny :(
Seeing that you're quite new to this forum i will suggest you to check few previous pages before asking about release dates for any game out there.
This question is the most asked one across every game thread so you will find the answer easily. :rolleyes:

Also, if this game will ever get abandoned, we always have Slonique games, right? :unsure:

Reactions: Nevu

Laziness

Feb 14, 2018
How about you take the word "slonique" and and enter it in the search engine of your choice. Works almost every time.

Edit: I apologize for sounding so rude.
No hard feelings.

That said, I DID put the word "slonique" into the search engine of this site.
The only result was the above post.

TremoloA

Feb 1, 2019
No hard feelings.

well then, let me share the results of a quick internet search (altough I can't help feeling taken advantage off by someone .. lazy... I wonder why.. :unsure:):
found their patreon. just add /slonique
appears to be creating visual novels with 3d renders.
in particular a vn called "oh my love" featuring wincest.

Reactions: Laziness

Laziness

Feb 14, 2018
well then, let me share the results of a quick internet search (altough I can't help feeling taken advantage off by someone .. lazy... I wonder why.. :unsure:):
found their patreon. just add /slonique
appears to be creating visual novels with 3d renders.
in particular a vn called "oh my love" featuring wincest.
Oh that.
Weird that it didn't show up in the search on this site. :confused:

Aug 28, 2017
... that's not the point he's making.

Professionally run projects will be much more transparent about potential release dates, about the progress they're making, etc. They'll release a date, even if it's in the relatively distant future and then people can track as deadlines along that path are met or missed.

The whole "It'll be done when it's done and we have no idea when that is" mentality suggests (to some people) that nobody actually knows what's going on, that there's no clear focus, no goals set, no milestones to work towards. That organization is lacking.

Now speaking for this particular project and this particular developer? Who can say, but I imagine that the general train of thought when someone says "Why are there no target dates? Why is the dev so tight-lipped about how things are going?" is this.
Yes, exactly. Finally a reasonable post.

Reading this thread you will come across 2 rival camps:

- The hardcore fanboys who will defend ICSTOR's honor at any given opportunity at the slightest hint of criticism.

- The haters and newbies who will burn the dev at the stake for being late 2 weeks.

Someone earlier mentioned how nobody should criticize ICSTOR because of his past work and track record...

Well, let's see. I'm a hardcore ICSTOR fan and supporter and I've played all his games.
Remember IC Story 2? There were many promised scenes that were not delivered. He was like there's this new game I'm excited about and we're moving forward. So the game was rushed.

OK moving on to Milf's Villa. And what happens? An awkward and lackluster i.e rushed ending (by his own admittance) because he was just too eager to start the new project. (Milfy City)

And now, towards the end of this project he slows down again. Do you see a pattern here? Do you understand why some people are concerned?

Look, we are all human and people go through a lot of stuff, lose motivation, get burned out...
But that does not mean that anybody is above criticism. Constructive criticism.

Personally I'm willing to wait. ICSTOR deserves a break. But he also needs to be more clear.
If he came out and said "The game will be updated by May 2020" then half the annoying complaints and probably all the repetitive posts in here will disappear. People just need some clarity.

Of course there are others who will still bitch and moan no matter what and there will always be others who will defend him even if he spits in their faces. But hey it seems that's how it usually goes around here.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
So... he abandoned this game, right?
I'll never understand how a dev like ICSTOR has more patrons than devs like Philly, who actually make games with an actual good story, renders and deliver decent updates.
No, he is taking a break. He did post a week ago that he will start working again on Monday (of last week). So either he is working again now, or still on his break (that should end this month).

memosabry777

Mar 13, 2018
I'll never understand how a dev like ICSTOR has more patrons than devs like Philly, who actually make games with an actual good story, renders and deliver decent updates.
wait what. are you sure

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017

Personally I'm willing to wait. ICSTOR deserves a break. But he also needs to be more clear.
If he came out and said "The game will be updated by May 2020" then half the annoying complaints and probably all the repetitive posts in here will disappear. People just need some clarity.

Of course there are others who will still bitch and moan no matter what and there will always be others who will defend him even if he spits in their faces. But hey it seems that's how it usually goes around here.
As I have posted here before, without the coverage of a larger group, smaller teams and individual devs will have their pauses - for whatever reason - made fully public by the fact that they cannot show constructive status while they take a step back to recover, vacation or whatever.

I easily agree that Devs should endeavour to communicate as effectively as possible to their supporters, lest they flirt with losing business funding (for periods of time, at least).

Many adult VN Devs seem to work towards a milestone deliverable. How you get there is your project management style, essentially: you can deliver in smaller increments to the goal of a chapter/version (in usually less time per increment) on a regular schedule or not, and you can deliver the larger milestone on a regular schedule or not. Typically, you'll see:

smaller increments = more frequent deliverables, often on a semi-regular schedule
full milestones = less frequent deliverables, often on a when-it's-done schedule

Given the above, the example of Dr. Amana: Sexual Therapist is that they initially started with the smaller increments/more frequent deliverables approach, but have since decided to refactor the entire game and deliver a full milestone approach (it appears) after a much longer time than they used to pump out updates. But, their communication and community engagement has been very good the entire time and I feel that's helped continue lots of goodwill with the supporters while we're waiting on the next, major installment. Part of the code refactor investment was hoping that it would enable future updates to go back to being easier to pump out, with generally more flexible options and more features for the players. Nobody will know how real that will be until the big deliverable hits, but communications at this site, on Patreon and in Discord has been keeping us all expectant and positive, from what I've seen.

On the other end, you've got games such as The Red Room where the early, single deliverable hasn't been followed up in many months, with minimal communication from the Dev (who has admitted to being over their head) that has a history of abandoning at least one other game. They have offered potential dates for next updates at least a few times now - the latest being this month - and thus far all of them have passed by without much of a whimper. Recently they offered a real-life (i.e., school) explanation for not having much time to work on the game and have turned off Patreon monthly billing, but no communications that I'm aware of helped telegraph that coming blocker to their paying supporters since last October. Understandably, they are being thrashed not a little bit in the F95 topic dedicated to that game.

Yet another different example is MrDots: they tell you that a new installment is coming out for one of their two games at the end of each month and ALWAYS deliver. It appears that they have become very good at fitting in only what will make it through their pipeline for a monthly schedule, letting what doesn't fit fall into the next installment. Their communications is minimal, but it's usually crisp, timely and effective - plus, their reliable deliverables speak loudly for the team. EVEN SO, when they announced taking a single month holiday for last January, the sudden howls of laziness, bad expectations-setting, poor delivery schedule, etc. were let loose and anyone trying to explain how unreasonable those claims+demands sounded were labelled fanboys and worse, of course. Et tu, Brute?

Summary: independent, small team/individual adult game Devs can easily have an uphill road to climb for keeping people happy, even when they are established talents with impressive backlogs of work.

Looking at ICSTOR, his communications have usually been 1-3 times a month at most and he's taken the "deliver a full milestone in each release" approach from what I can discern. Along with that approach, he has not provided clear schedules for delivery, but instead given clues on progress for the next installment. To assert that he needs to put out an expected date flies in the face of his established workflow and seems more a reaction to his recent slowdown + need for recovery than anything else, honestly. I wouldn't want to demand he put himself in the position of being the Dev of "The Red Room" and constantly miss hinted dates, only to become even more sparse in communications from a likely combination of embarassment and proactive defensiveness.

It seems entirely valid for paying supporters to see if ICSTOR's return equates to seeing his status report moving forward in a reasonable amount of time after starting up again, then wondering if they still feel confident in the Dev's continuation of this particular game. Being someone with work-impacting health issues, I'm admittedly empathetic to ICSTOR's reason for their current break away from the game.

It doesn't seem entirely valid to ask them for changing their workflow, IMHO. Asking for more communications seems fair, though.

Disclaimer: I'm not a paying customer for this game and have no other personal interest at stake. If I'm labelled an apologist or fanboy, I really don't care - my opinions here and the context behind them are as open as I can make them.

spar

May 15, 2017
That is simple:
Philly does not make incest, if it did, it would have double or triple clients, but ask that it never change to incest, because although this genre has a larger community, it is the most toxic that exists and they would not leave it Have freedom of creation.

ICSTOR never abandons your projects. I have always been impressed by the fact that he does this only to earn money, he does not really love his games (It's something that I believe).

Nevu

Mar 23, 2018
You forgot about DrPinkCake

Bigcow

Oct 24, 2018
You forgot about DrPinkCake
DrPinkCake's work is Amaaaazzziiiing.

Usually vanilla works are just... vanilla boring
But DrPink Cake's story is pretty engaging and it helps that his 3D renders are pretty damn good including the sex animations.
Very realistic.

Pinkcake all da way

Reactions: Nevu

ShadrachVS

Jun 13, 2017
No hard feelings.

not meant to be insulting so take this as constructive okay?

The default for searches on this site is "This Thread Only" flip that to "This Forum Only" or "The Whole Site" and Slonique will pop many results, including a complaint thread describing in detail the issues people have with the creator.

Reactions: obiwan

Carefree247

May 24, 2019
Did the author scrap the twin storyline or is it still on the table ?
I searched a few of the threads and it's old news wondering if anyone has a TLDR

3.80 star(s) 404 Votes