ludobico

Oct 31, 2017
at this point i thought icstor would have made a new poll, asking: "do you want to play the new version as it is right now (caroline + celia) or do you prefer waiting for the full update (caroline + celia + neighbour)?"

• Haha
Reactions: Jaun Karr

N7's Slut

panty sniffer
Donor
Sep 13, 2016
at this point i thought icstor would have made a new poll, asking: "do you want to play the new version as it is right now (caroline + celia) or do you prefer waiting for the full update (caroline + celia + neighbour)?"
He is kind of stubborn in my opinion, but he is the dev and he does what he likes / what he think is the best and his decision was to release caroline + celia + neighbors and as you see he is nearly done end of the week should be the release. IF he keeps his word which he does most of the time

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
if you work for a company and are getting paid to do a job and if your not meeting deadlines or when your boss wants it done then you don't get paid or better yet you get fired. So we are his boss because we are paying him to make the game not sit on his ass for 10 months, as for keeping us up to date about the update he never did from Jan to March when he went on his so called health break ya hes an artist but guess what its still a paying job no matter how you look at it. Now we can keep doing this back and for Bs, but this is my opinion that only reason he took his so called health break was to keep us out of the loop about him not wanting to finish the game.
There is no company with deadlines here, though. That's been explained many times over - the patron model is open-ended and defined by the creator's whims, including how they decide to interact with and respond to the desires of supporters.

Further, to speculate that his time off was a "so-called health break" is just another example of the demanding, lack of sympathy we see in larger elements of society today, IMHO. People aren't robots, they have actual lives and can reach burnout even doing things they like - good stress is still placing stress upon the system and it can add up.

If this was a larger company, then the possibility of having aligned co-workers to help when others are falling behind (for whatever reason) is greater - but, ICSTOR hires out for story/copy and coding when needed, otherwise producing this entirely himself. He also goes his own way because it's his game, but still gives Patrons options to choose at times - in the end, how he does things is up to his workflow and he (like some other strong game Devs) seems a bit of a control freak on maintaining his process, regardless of external complaints or other factors (except health).

Last edited:

JayneDoe

Sep 8, 2018
if you work for a company and are getting paid to do a job and if your not meeting deadlines or when your boss wants it done then you don't get paid or better yet you get fired. So we are his boss because we are paying him to make the game not ...
hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, like if life works that simple <3
if I pay for a coffee somewhere I am NOT the company boss (but my money is used to buy ingredients, pay the workers). As a patreon, you are nothing more than a customer (not a boss).

unbelievable....

Sheperdxgn

Mar 24, 2018
I wonder if since it's the final week and there's 10% left to go will there be the usual one week testing period or will he release as is when it's finished and have the people essentially test it or is this final 10% the testing it self, me personally when it come to this game and many others I've never really encountered the bugs others have been plagued with so I'll just be happy to play the update whatever state it's in.

BrokenAJ

Jul 23, 2017
I wonder if since it's the final week and there's 10% left to go will there be the usual one week testing period or will he release as is when it's finished and have the people essentially test it or is this final 10% the testing it self, me personally when it come to this game and many others I've never really encountered the bugs others have been plagued with so I'll just be happy to play the update whatever state it's in.
I dont mind waiting for 1 or 2 more weeks. Let ICSTOR work, there are a lot of good games to play in this site while u wait

Sheperdxgn

Mar 24, 2018
I dont mind waiting for 1 or 2 more weeks. Let ICSTOR work, there are a lot of good games to play in this site while u wait
Agreed I was just wondering, waiting has never been a problem for me between owning both a console and pc there's plenty to do to keep me occupied at this point. I'm more curious then anything to see how this plays out.

Reactions: BrokenAJ

Lorric17

May 25, 2017
Does anyone of you wish that with every bitching and “when is the update coming” comments the game gets delayed longer?
Some believe this is what is happening now. And the longer it is delayed by such voices, the worse it will be when it arrives. That's what happened to Duke Nukem.

Reactions: January2015

TommyEsclow

Aug 18, 2017
So you're just jumping on that direction, without having even played the update first? Why don't you wait a bit and then see if the amount of the time corresponds with the content?

You're also overpassing the fact Icstor's always been delivering nice updates on a reasonable rate, but i guess this constancy on his side doesn't do nothing for his "professionalism", right? I wonder what would you say the day, as a cause of a random act, Nlt Media delays and update for more than 2 weeks, i guess suddenly they're not delivering the expected "professionalism", the fuckers.
There is no way that update is worth over 10 months of payment. Maybe for leechers / people who just want their quick "fix" but not for content fans and especially not for long time supporters. But that's not even the point here. We are talking about professionalism. And no he is not delivering updates in reasonable states. Not sure where you draw that from. If NLT would delay something for 2 weeks no one would say anything but it's a entirely different story if it's more than 10 months with a still active payment roll.

That's why people are upset and it's understandable. You can't argue on that because it's business. If you start "selling" business comes first. Even if you delay "for a reasonable time", you have responsibilities to inform and keep in touch with the supporters each month. There are many examples out there dark cookie, adeptus steve and so on...

Arap12

Aug 15, 2017
hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, like if life works that simple <3
if I pay for a coffee somewhere I am NOT the company boss (but my money is used to buy ingredients, pay the workers). As a patreon, you are nothing more than a customer (not a boss).

unbelievable....
When i go in a bar and the coffee sucks, for any reason, i the customer can rightfully ask for the coffee to be remade.
businesses exist to please their customers, it's not a public mess hall for bums that don't have any choice and take any food to survive.
The thing you're doing (white knighting) it's just what we have to blame for the EA\Activision\Ubisoft AAA games trying to rip off\put it in the ass of their customers for more money (as well more inclusion of micro-transations, DLC, Season passes, ect ect), companies that blame the customers for their problems when THEY are the problem.
If he made this really for free (no patreon money) then i would agree with you, but since he takes money from people it's no longer a hobby\for free, it becomes a business, and a business' objective is to satisfy a customer, not the other way around.
No matter how rude they are, a business can't afford to have bad advertisement from customers.
People here are rightfully angry because ICSTOR pushed the game's release date over the summer, when the last update was 8\9 months ago, excessive for a ren'py visual novel.

It's as if you booked a room in a hotel during a vacation and then at last moment, when the suitcases are all ready in the car and you're about to go, the "owner" of the hotel says "i'm going in vacation so everything is closed, i won't be refunding any of your bookings though." if this happened to a real hotel you could sue the owner for not refunding you, because you payed for a service that was not provided, and you're rightfully angry because he didn't tell you before and canceled the booking, and because the owner was so cheap he couldn't hire or delegate someone while he was away.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
When i go in a bar and the coffee sucks, for any reason, i the customer can rightfully ask for the coffee to be remade.
businesses exist to please their customers, it's not a public mess hall for bums that don't have any choice and take any food to survive.
The thing you're doing (white knighting) it's just what we have to blame for the EA\Activision\Ubisoft AAA games trying to rip off\put it in the ass of their customers for more money (as well more inclusion of micro-transations, DLC, Season passes, ect ect), companies that blame the customers for their problems when THEY are the problem.
If he made this really for free (no patreon money) then i would agree with you, but since he takes money from people it's no longer a hobby\for free, it becomes a business, and a business' objective is to satisfy a customer, not the other way around.
No matter how rude they are, a business can't afford to have bad advertisement from customers.
Most of the "customers" here are pirates. I addressed this issue not long ago:

- Sports franchises rely more on their popularity for income because that comes from a variety of sources and not just direct ticket sales.

- A single game Dev on Patreon relies on patrons and hopes to keep them satisfied and coming back for more. This is a patron support model by default and only resembles a more standard purchase model when the Dev enables per-delivery collections.

When non-customers try to warn people away from the Dev by making worst-case assumptions about their income, capabilities and work habits - all while the Dev shows progress and/or offers sound reasons for any unexpected delays at one point in their game's lifecycle - it sounds like noise to me. The game is at 90% from 65% about a month ago and non-customers are still complaining about the Dev's project management style, communications. and motivations. It's ridiculous.

Admittedly, I tend to ignore any post that contains lame terms such as "white knight." So, maybe I missed a valid point somewhere.

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 404 Votes