lexus33

Aug 16, 2016
At the end of last year I thought this thread was getting better and more tolerable but in 2019 so far it has gone down the shitter again. The influx of the exact same asinine questions and/or presumptions has really gone overboard.
No matter what he did with the game some people had to give him shit for it.
He's going to announce that he's planning to pause his Patreon page after this release for at least two months to take a break from everything. He's burnt out and not feeling well.

Kytolo Braven

Jul 3, 2017
so far he has released only great updates filled with content yet some of the left-hand-fapping and right-hand-CTRL-button-holding edgelord crowd constantly complains about short 10 - 15 min updates
What kind of monster uses the right-CTRL button?

Also, I feel like this might be discriminatory towards left-handed people. Lefties are people and have feelings too, you know.

KillaMonka

Aug 5, 2016
He's going to announce that he's planning to pause his Patreon page after this release for at least two months to take a break from everything. He's burnt out and not feeling well.
To be honest for some reason in my mind it got stuck that you are Icstor. Don't know why specifically, maybe your info or that your renders are almost the same(?) as Icstor. Anyway that's just speculation from my side.

FlipFish

Oct 23, 2017
he gave us an awesome Caroline update but the "fans" complained about her dialogue so much that Onyxdime had to change it
Yeah, no I'm going to have to disagree with this. Not sure why you feel the need to imply that people who had an issue with her dialogue in that update aren't real fans. Being a fan of something don't mean you have to blindly accept everything. In fact it's because I and others who had a problem with it are fans that we raised an issue with it in the first place. Her dialogue in that update was horrible, having her brag about how many cocks she's taken while giving the player a lap dance is not attractive nor a turn on for majority of people. She felt like a different character than what she was introduced as and people rightfully complained about it.

Aug 28, 2017
Being a fan of something don't mean you have to blindly accept everything.
You must be in the wrong forum, my friend.

Good decision. Glad it's not something serious.

He's being doing these games for a while now so he's bound to get burnt out. Many of us already saw this coming.
A break is the best solution.

Umgenlied

Sep 3, 2017
I don' ge' i', but he doesn't live from the toxic community nor anything else but his patrons, which are quite a lot. Really, i don' get it, it would expected, or at least i would logically assume that any person in any situation alike would undetstand what he does as a full-time job. Sure, a one month vacation is perfectly reasonable, but people seem to take it as if this fellow would be some sort of god overwhelmed by the weight of responsabilities.

Why tho? He receives a decent, constant amount of money per month to maintain an activity, period. I can't see it as anything else beyond that, he doesn't need to be involved in anything surrounding his products. It's not what you call a "common" enterprise, he doesn't have to incur in big initial capital costs, nor infrastructure or publicity. The only thing he depends on are his supporters.

PD: my response is not exactly directed to your post. For some reason, i'm not used to post anything that is not in the form of an answer :p. It's mostly oriented to some messages above yours. I do can get behind that tho, if whatever happened in january it's still bugging him, it'd be understandable not only of himself but of everyone to be unable to keep the same track of work as before.

Demonius

Oct 28, 2018
Can someone explain to me the difference between Indy game's and AAA game's
I have absolutely no idea what that means
indy games are small studio/small group of people and self published. all the games on this site would be classified as indie games. AAA games are games from EA, Ubisoft, Blizzard, ect.

Blitzen

Apr 30, 2017
Probably some irl situation happened , cut the guy some slack. And i can see him still pushing it this month.

$JACKIE1492

Sep 19, 2018
Oi! Mates I just hope this is not the last of Caroline. I know it's going to be 5/5 but hoping to find out that it will be 5/10 progress with her now on this next update. Feel free to do this with all the other characters to.

Reactions: Sheknowsaboutyou

JinXXX

Jul 12, 2017
At the end of last year I thought this thread was getting better and more tolerable but in 2019 so far it has gone down the shitter again. The influx of the exact same asinine questions and/or presumptions has really gone overboard.
No matter what he did with the game some people had to give him shit for it.

• so far he has released only great updates filled with content yet some of the left-hand-fapping and right-hand-CTRL-button-holding edgelord crowd constantly complains about short 10 - 15 min updates
  • he gave us a surprise arc with Zuri & Suri but the "fans" complained about wasted resources on side characters which could have been used for the family girls
  • he tried doing faster updates with v0.3 but the "fans" complained about the lack of content
  • he gave us an awesome Caroline update but the "fans" complained about her dialogue so much that Onyxdime had to change it
  • the hardliner Caroline fans are especially obnoxious and the worst and most vocal of the bunch (yes we get it Caroline is indeed absolutely stunning and fucking amazing, stop being dicks about it). They're constantly downplaying any update without content for her and I don't want to imagine how unbearable they are going to be when her arc comes to a temporary (?) end in v0.6.
  • he did regular content polls and let his community decide about the new update but still gets shit for neglecting some characters like Celia, Judy or MC's classmates
  • he did a surprise Xmas episode but instead of being grateful his "fans" prefer to complain about v0.6 taking so long to release
  • now that the game has become hugely popular and makes a decent five-figure sum each month more and more "fans" have been assuming without any proof that ICSTOR has gotten complacent, lazy and spending his money on a swagger lifestyle instead of a new 2080 TI rig or new staff members
  • the sheer amount of people asking about a release date and putting more pressure after every update has also increased over time and lately has even become critical

At this point I really can't fathom how awful it must be for ICSTOR himself to be on the receiving end of such demotivating feedback and I hope he has the mental strength to hang in there. Having such a toxic community must be unbearable and I fear for the medium- to long-term future of this game and (god forbid!) it wouldn't even surprise me if he decides to take a break from this business for health reasons.

So fingers crossed that the Discord announcement isn't something bad.
Hello ICCSTOR. Get your lazy ass back to work.

Reactions: Sheknowsaboutyou

mike_campbell

Mar 3, 2019
I made a truly tragic error. Milfy City is the first game I ever downloaded and I love it. I've since tried other games and realised that it's downhill from here. Nothing compares.

I also made a truly tragic error in reading this thread. Some of you people (not all) sound like kids in the backseat of a car. As the car pulls out ofthe driveway, the chorus of "Are we there yet?" starts. As a good parent would say in that circumstance, "we get there when we get there". In this case, it'll be released when it's released.

I wonder what proportion of people complaining on here about the release are supporting on Patreon? I don't care if the developer is spending a month on a beach in the Bahamas with seven naked bisexual girlfriends*. He's produced something truly magnificent and should be allowed to take a reward.

Patience.

*I do, actually. That would bother me a lot.

Thrownaway13

Lvl 12 - Cutie
Respected User
Former Staff
May 27, 2017
Hello all!

This is less a post from me as a mod and more as someone who creates stuff.

It is understandable that emotions can run high especially with a product we enjoy. Even if an update is a week away, every hour can feel painful.

Please keep in mind that the people doing the creating also have a life to keep up with. Family situations and emotional states can rapidly change. Being supportive of a creator is the best thing to do if you have a project you enjoy.

So please keep that in mind over the coming weeks and months in this thread and others. We will be keeping a close eye on this thread.

Thanks and happy gaming!

3.80 star(s) 404 Votes