jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
The 3 main girls are Caroline, Linda and Sara. He should focus on those 3, the other characters are all side-girls. Now, obviously the side-girls will get their own content and need it but they aren't as important as the trio IMO.

The best way to update is probably to do a little of everything, maybe 1 scene with each main girl and something with a side girl. Would make good progress, probably won't get burned out and everyone gets a little something.

Demonius

Oct 28, 2018
That's weird, since we already had an update for Caroline, even though it was pretty bad. I was hoping to see more of Sarah. It's been so long since her last upate.
thats because people kept voting for Caroline in the polls, but i believe ICSTOR has said that hes not gonna be doing any more polls and hes just gonna work on the characters he feels liek working on and this next update

Storm4n

Jul 10, 2017
I just can't fucking understand why people keep supporting these devs, they take huge benefits and keep milking the cow and of course now that's a 5 month holiday...

This fucker has 5300 patrons, being $1 the lowest bid which almost nobody pledges and $10 to $15 the most common except for a few guys dropping $50 or more this guys could be potentially making easily $15k-$25k a MONTH.

Even if Patreon took HALF that's plenty to fucking organize yourself, invest in new hardware, invest in hiring help in order to finish these games... I still can't fucking wrap my mind around the idea of people not demanding their money back from these "devs" after hiatus like these.

EDIT:
Just to clarify if I can I always support the games I like/liked, I supported games like Strive for power, Dreaming of Dana and so on... what I refuse to do is be someone that pays $15 each month for a year, I always try and be fair, I considered these games to be priced at maybe $50 so once I reach that quota I take the payment out. There's no reason for me to keep paying $15 each month for 2 years to a total of $360 for a 6 hour game or a short adventure one. That's preposterous... this whole "keep paying for life til I feel like finishing the game" model is just so damn wrong.

Ryü Alucard

Jul 9, 2017
I just can't fucking understand why people keep supporting these devs, they take huge benefits and keep milking the cow and of course now that's a 5 month holiday...

This fucker has 5300 patrons, being $1 the lowest bid which almost nobody pledges and $10 to $15 the most common except for a few guys dropping $50 or more this guys could be potentially making easily $15k-$25k a MONTH.

Even if Patreon took HALF that's plenty to fucking organize yourself, invest in new hardware, invest in hiring help in order to finish these games... I still can't fucking wrap my mind around the idea of people not demanding their money back from these "devs" after hiatus like these.
True, and also how people don't demand a better "service" when they give him the 15k-25k a month. The dude could literally hire a full team, and still be bathing in money.

Reactions: Q Who

J II D

Aug 22, 2018
No one has less faith in icstor than me, or has less faith in this project being completed.

That said(and this is only to those who are paying and complaining).
Just do what i have been doing since a month ago.

Cancel all your pledges to everyone and make a note of the amount you are/were paying them
If a developer produces a new "real" update, pay that amount times the months he has worked on it.
If a developer decides that he isn't going to return or vanishes into thin air, don't pay him...

This way the paradigm shifts from
Paying for "Future promises" to the more usual " pay for a product" .

That whole monthly system of paying for empty promises and fairy tales has proven "exploitable" in the last 24 months, and i am not primary talking about ICSTOR.... I am talking about the more severe cases like Irredeemable, Gumdrop, Combin Ation and more.

So if you are paying and thinking about dropping your pledge or anything like that.
That option might do the trick for you ; ).

I am not saying that everybody should drop their pledges and and never come back.
Only saying that updates should be rewarded, but there should also be room for consequences if it goes badly ; )

Edit:
Those who have never paid a penny and are complaining..
GO AWAY......
Sure, you are allowed of an opinion of the game, but if you have never paid a penny to anyone then you have no right to talk about the development.

Q Who

Donor
May 16, 2017
thats because people kept voting for Caroline in the polls, but i believe ICSTOR has said that hes not gonna be doing any more polls and hes just gonna work on the characters he feels liek working on and this next update
He says he will do polls but not for which characters to focus on. Instead, polls will be for poses and other fine tuning points.

Q Who

Donor
May 16, 2017

EDIT:
Just to clarify if I can I always support the games I like/liked, I supported games like Strive for power, Dreaming of Dana and so on... what I refuse to do is be someone that pays $15 each month for a year, I always try and be fair, I considered these games to be priced at maybe $50 so once I reach that quota I take the payment out. There's no reason for me to keep paying $15 each month for 2 years to a total of $360 for a 6 hour game or a short adventure one. That's preposterous... this whole "keep paying for life til I feel like finishing the game" model is just so damn wrong.
I need to start to supporting Strive if he is going to continue to update it. He has a new project now that he is working on as well.

florameriadoc

Jul 8, 2017
I went through the first 40 pages and I did not find what I was looking for, no way I'm going through all the 1006 pages, what is the unzipping password for the game?

sarge87

Apr 27, 2017
I went through the first 40 pages and I did not find what I was looking for, no way I'm going through all the 1006 pages, what is the unzipping password for the game?
The .zip file isn't password protected. Try using 7zip instead of Winrar it should do the trick.

Kytolo Braven

Jul 3, 2017
Just do what i have been doing since a month ago.

Cancel all your pledges to everyone and make a note of the amount you are/were paying them
If a developer produces a new "real" update, pay that amount times the months he has worked on it.
If a developer decides that he isn't going to return or vanishes into thin air, don't pay him...

This way the paradigm shifts from
Paying for "Future promises" to the more usual " pay for a product" .

That whole monthly system of paying for empty promises and fairy tales has proven "exploitable" in the last 24 months, and i am not primary talking about ICSTOR.... I am talking about the more severe cases like Irredeemable, Gumdrop, Combin Ation and more.

So if you are paying and thinking about dropping your pledge or anything like that.
That option might do the trick for you ; ).

I am not saying that everybody should drop their pledges and and never come back.
Only saying that updates should be rewarded, but there should also be room for consequences if it goes badly ; )
I have been doing something like this for quite some time now. I learned my lesson very quickly with a certain DC universe game.

I am perfectly happy subscribing on the months that Devs release content updates and think that others should do the same. Devs need to money to support their work, but paying something like 60 dollars (read as the same value as AAA game titles) for each 3 month cycle that nets an incremental update with maybe a couple of hours of playtime is baffling to me.

That said, I really do believe in ICSTOR. His updates lately have been incredibly satisfying, in my opinion. I look forward to paying him for his next update, if and when he ever releases it.

Reactions: LucasLeels
3.80 star(s) 404 Votes