Snomiser

Apr 7, 2018
I want to meet the people who pay 10$ to this developer every month and laugh to their faces :D . 8 months support for nothing. I have seen things but this is really funny :D
Oh for a real side splitter check out the Duel Family crowd, now that's a real hoot.

zitadoxoto

Dec 22, 2018
I agree that Sara shouldn't be in this game.

It's MilfyCity. A game about milfs (30+ years old women), like all of his past games.

Reactions: Koniar

PPE2RedDucks

Oct 3, 2018
ICSTOR is concerned about the future of his job. It is harsh to take the wait, but its probably what he believe is the best for it.
And I'm talking this because I think he made a mistake allowing his patreons to choose the character of each update. It is better for him to control the flow of the game than let the patreons do it.

Look how the story went. Caroline's update, next Linda's, and now Caroline's again. He let two major characters advance too much in the story with updates "next" to each others. I think this is not good for the flow, specially when Caroline is possible the more hyped between the three of them.

I think if he went with Linda's update (like her last one) -> Sarah's -> Caroline, he wouldn't be so concerned about the future of the game and perhaps his break would be shorter, or wouldn't even happened (with us getting the Sarah's one with others characters about now or earlier).

Of course, he said it was about his health and to rest, but I think it is not just it. This being his job he needs to extend its lifetime the most he can, and this break with the changes guaranteed 8 to 9 months more to him. Even with he pausing his Patreon and saying people can cut the support for now because they will still receive, this would mean he isn't getting the money now, but he knows the status quo of today, but doesn't know how things will be in one year, and is safier to you not earn money when you know your situation and schedule this than don't know how much money you will have in a cloudy future.

And he obviously doesn't want to launch Caroline's now because he doesn't know how his Patreon will be after this. And he took the risk of get under the skin of some patreons in exchange of a [perhaps] safier future. Because he knows people here are horny, and angry when you poke them, but they are still horny and will want to see what's come next no matter what.

This is just my opinion. I personally prefer when the developer has the control of the flow and to the supporters is left to choose some of the content that doesn't impact it directly. Like I said, I think this changes could have come even earlier.
Great post. I can well understand the itchiness of PAYING patrons, esp when a game is this good ...

But have a heart, see the human being, understand the conditions of production. Especially if you re not even supporting the work of the developer(s).

Aug 5, 2016

It's MilfyCity. A game about milfs (30+ years old women), like all of his past games.
Imagine having this naive of an opinion.

"Georgina and Elena shouldn't be in Dating my Daughter because it's called Dating my Daughter. None of those girls are my daughter!"

It's just a vaguely sexual name for a game. Did you complain that Incest Story let you fuck girls who weren't members of your family? Or that Milf Control lets you mind control people who aren't milfs? If I want to make a game with a diversity of interests should I call it MilfySisterySister'sFriendsyChildlessteacheryFather'sEmployeesyLesbianAunty City?

Icstor's past work has all emphasized the brother-sister relationship with the exception of Taboo Request. This isn't new. Incest Story 1 and 2 had a lot of focus on the sister. Milf Control and Milf's Villa all had substantial romantic plotlines with the sister characters as well.

Megatron71

Jul 3, 2017
Imagine having this naive of an opinion.

"Georgina and Elena shouldn't be in Dating my Daughter because it's called Dating my Daughter. None of those girls are my daughter!"

It's just a vaguely sexual name for a game. Did you complain that Incest Story let you fuck girls who weren't members of your family? Or that Milf Control lets you mind control people who aren't milfs? If I want to make a game with a diversity of interests should I call it MilfySisterySister'sFriendsyChildlessteacheryFather'sEmployeesyLesbianAunty City?
I would agree, but I think the central focus should be what the title entails. In DMD Georgina, Elena and Jennifer are little side quests, they don't take a whole update away from D. That's part of the problem with polls too, now the dev binds themselves to going outside of his goals possibly.
Shut Up and Dance is a vague enough title that the dev can basically do whatever because there's no expectation from the title, unless someone was looking for a dance game I suppose...

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017

Because Milf's Control and Milf's Villa didn't have young women. Come on, man, don't be so pedantic that you're wrong.

And milfs aren't 30+ year old women. They are women who have had at least 1 child that you would like to fuck.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Attatta

yaboipapi

Jan 24, 2019
I wonder if these HQ adult games will have the same amount of production time as AA or AAA games in few years.

Well, i will have cyberpunk in april i guess. :rolleyes:
A good measuring stick will be how long Subverse will take before release

sarge87

Apr 27, 2017
There is a new post in Patreon. Does anyone know what it says? they also say in the discord that the% percentage went up. Does anyone know something?
There isn't a new post and the percentage did not go up.

The last post though has already been posted and extensively discussed:

Courtesy of Longo McFap
Hello again everyone! I'm back after a short break!

My break actually ended a little while ago, but I decided not to add a new post immediately because I wanted to check if I can go back and continue working on the game like I used to.

As I said in my last post, there will be some changes. I’ll be working on the characters I want to work and I’m in the mood to do so. The polls tier will remain, but It will affect different things than character selection for future updates.

Okay, I think that’s enough small talk - it’s time for some real news on the game!

Version 0.6
I decided to expand this update by adding the neighbors into it. Version 0.6 will contain Caroline, Celia, and the Neighbours content. After such a long wait between updates everyone would feel disappointed if there was a small amount of new content. The planned release dates for this year are v0.6 in August / v0.7 in October / v0.8 in December. I hope that there will be no more delays in releases.
The 65% progress bar will be stay like that for a while to represent the real current progress since I am expanding the scope of this next update to include the neighbours.

Polls

The polls will be sent directly via private messages and the result will be posted a few days later for everyone to see. The polls here on Patreon are too restrictive so I prefer to use my old method for gathering data.

Hardware
I have some good news here. I have invested in an x11 graphics card 1080ti. It's not as fast as I wanted it to be for animations, but the change in rendering speed is very noticable. It should be good enough for this year.

As a reminder, those who pledged for the months when I was on break and one month before that will receive this update for free. If you want, you can even cancel your pledge for August when the game will be released since you will receive it anyway via PM.

Now that I’ve finished writing this update I’m going back to render the next batch of scenes.
I’m working a little differently than before. Previously, I would work from morning until night, and it burned me out. I now have a planned schedule for everything and I promised myself that I’ll not work outside my planned hours. I'll be taking better care of my health from now on. I hope it will not affect the amount of renders per release. Perhaps if I work smart I may even increase it? We’ll see. :)

Thank you again for your continued support over the past four years. I really appreciate it! :)

3.80 star(s) 404 Votes