Ren'Py - Mind the School [v0.1.4C] [Su.IT]

1. 2.00 star(s)

PantsuHelm

[review of v0.1.4C]

Potential for this game is high, but rating games based on potential is always a risk.

Currently, there is an insanely oversaturated amount of grinding for a pathetic paltry of content. You can't even ctrl skip through it, as almost every scene requires you to click once or twice. Add on to this grind a gameplay loop of guessing where you need to be, when you need to be there, and saying the right thing once you're there, with only a percentage change of procing an event that would advance the story and you have a pretty sad game, even if the (what meager amount there is of) H-scenes are decent.

Game doesn't really respect your time, so it's hard to respect the game.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

rhev

Good potential.
    v0.1.4C

Another 'corrupt an entire school' type game, if you've played one of them, you know what to expect going in. Build up the school, increase student corruption, get some naughty scenes. It's fairly standard for what you'd expect from this type of game, giving it a solid 3/5 stars and putting it in the 'average' category so far.

What it does have going for it is that since all images are rendered, as opposed to disparate anime pics or real life videos / pics like some other games, there's a consistency in the feel and look of the game, which is very nice.

Ultimately it is on the author to continue to build and improve on the groundwork that I've seen laid out here. The expansion, new rules, new clubs, new events, this will be what can change a 3 star average review for a very early build into a 5 star blockbuster, or a just another abandonware project.

I'll keep my eye on this one and re-review in a few years if it gets significant updates.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

Paitryn

Game had lots of potential, but the dev has mired it with bad decisions and a lack of any actual progress between updates. Only one update progressed the game of any kind. Walkthrough is already offline and everything is still a placeholder a year later.

The game was originally a Single male MC running an all girls school. The future plans are completely changing the game to be a Coed school with NTR features. Talk about grabbing the attention of the wrong audience!

All in all a hard pass. Game had potential but HAD is the operative term. With nothing to show a year after the initial release its not showing any promise of having anything valuable in the next year.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

BladerayW

Another headmaster taking over a girls school. It's been done before and many were abandoned. From what I saw I hope this one gets finished, but at the rate of updates... I expect years before that happens.

V0.1.4B
    Pros
    1. The game works and there were no game crashing bugs.
    2. The game has fun eye thing that is more of a bonus for an unfinished work.
    3. If finished the game would be wonderful to say the least.

Cons
    1. There are bugs in the cafeteria images don't display. There is a message about them otherwise I wouldn't even known the game had bugs.
    2. The intro is short. I didn't get to see all the red outlined buildings in both before potion and during because of time limit.
    3. This game isn't finished and it doesn't have a lot of content. What is here is basically a tease.

Over all I love the future of this game IF it ever finishes.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

Ajnc1

Other say its grind fest, no new content, waste of time. But me, the chad i am, am willing to wait for the devs to really fully make this game a game that we can trully play. Im willing to bet on its potential rather than its current apperance. The management genre, specially the brothel management genre is rare. Many dont like this type of game but i do!! Im willing to wait and even support (if i have some extra money) this type of creators! For my fap sessions!! So i will just give this a 4 out of 5. Thats all (y)
  6. 1.00 star(s)

Miz0

It is a grind fest in a sandbox. Stat grind after stat grind. To top it off, variables are obfuscated so cheating requires much more effort than it is worth. Only thing missing is premium gatcha from the online web component to the game
  7. 1.00 star(s)

hoshimota

Pass on this one. It's nothing special.

This game has been in development for well over a year (dev has stated work began April 2023, the game first appeared on F95 in September 2023) yet there's... maybe 10 minutes of content. What little content exists is confusing as fuck. Nearly every action that you take in an attempt to progress, also incurs some confusing nonsensical negative hit to stats. This is perhaps intentional, to deceive you into thinking the game is deeper than it is.

The game content (what little exists) is not particularly compelling. The models are your standard Honey Select 2 fare, the dialogue is meh, the UI is an eyesore, and the story is just yet another clone of the "pervert assumes role of headmaster at an adult school in order to fuck the students" trope... there is nothing too unique, noteworthy, or particularly high quality here.

The Patreon site for this game is an absolute trip. Here are some gems from the public posts:

"I had a lot of work in the last few weeks at my job, which took most of my mental power, so I wasn't really able to work on the game as much as I wanted to"

"I know this might sound like me making excuses, but I am really not"

"Unfortunately, I didn't have much time to work on the images last month because I had to prepare for an important exam"

"No I don't have an estimate on the release date for the new version. I'll probably take a few days off as I am pretty under the weather right now"

Are you noticing the theme yet? If you get rock hard from watching someone make excuses the 50th time they are late with their homework or didn't show up to work, and somehow get away with it, then by all means saddle up because you are in for a good time. But if not, then I would pass on this one.
  8. 4.00 star(s)

solarjohn

[v0.1.3B]

This game takes clear inspiration from Ashford Academy and those style of games, which I am a big fan of as those games are great but have been abandoned

In summary, you slowly corrupt a school by viewing events in different places of your choice, making decisions and trying to balance out resources

Currently there is not too much content, but the foundation is there and it just needs more events and scenes which looks like it could be developed fairly straight forward

2 stars for what you can expect in this current build (not that it is bad, its just very early and short on content), and 2 stars for how promising it looks
  9. 4.00 star(s)

XLIDAR

It's kinda obvious content was missing, so went and found a patch. Doesn't really add much content currently, but at least the dialogue feels right.
    IMO there's not enough content currently to really be worth playing. Just a lot of foundation work.

The idea isn't particularly original, and always seems to be a massive undertaking that takes forever and struggles to get any real scenes. We'll see if that's the case, but so far, it is.

As always, the idea has potential. But the fact there's a huge amount of girls means there's a huge amount of stuff for the developer to get distracted by. Hopefully it gets good.

So far, my biggest complaint is really that it doesn't feel like I can interact with anyone directly in a recurring way, or do anything meaningful.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Zeus179

With this game being on its first update there is as much content to be expected, however, what I see is the start/foundation of a game that has a lot of potential and if it keeps going in that direction it will be an amazing game