DarkWolf2055

"Acknowledge Me"
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 3, 2017
410148_cg1sfw.png

Overview:
Minotaur Hotel is a romance visual novel about Asterion -- the minotaur from the old greek myth -- and what he's been through over the centuries.

During a trip you acquire the deed for a magical, dilapidated hotel sitting atop a cliff overlooking a valley. There you meet the caretaker -- Asterion. As the new owner you will try to restore the hotel to its former glory and bring in guests. Meanwhile you will learn about Asterion, his crime and the sentence the gods imposed on him.

The valley below contains many secrets which will reveal more about the past and the gods -- but it also houses many threats. Send out exploration teams to scavenge for answers and resources.​

Thread Updated: 2022-05-06
Release Date: 2022-05-06
Developer: MinoHotel -
Censored: No
Version: 0.6.1
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

DOWNLOAD
Win: - -
Linux: - -
Mac: - -
Android: - -

r9vEwx.png 410152__a36fF.jpg 410151_JQVOHm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 24, 2016
Oh shit! I've been checking those threads out on /trash/ for a while now, thought that making a VN was all talk!
Well, let's see where it goes from here.

Reactions: eromaster

Galiere

Feb 2, 2019
Huh, I remember this. It was on 8chan, right? Before the site got nuked out of existence.

K3NJ1

I'm so smart it hurts
Modder
Donor
Jul 26, 2018
OP Updated: Added Build 0.2.5 With Android Release.

Corootai

Aug 24, 2019
this is one of the games that really got me into the indy visual novel scene on icho.io
for what it was and being free i kinda allowed myself to get lost in game. if you give it a chance it's pretty good for what it is. keep in mind it is a gay visual novel. that becomes kinda a hotel simulator.

the updates were nomrally once a month but as of late has slowed down. it's best to follow the main dev on twitter or follow the itch.io page. i mean i finished both builds of the game and i would buy it without a second thought. it's pretty good for a 5 - 8 buy, and if they were smart add a nice 9.99 varient with art, side storys, maybe the orginal drafts of the story or something like that for some of the fans that want to see where this all started from.

sorpreso

Jun 21, 2017
Please, tell me that you can choose between a slave rute and a good rute. It would be disappointing just having the good rute with scenes.
I personally would like to see scenes with the minotaur doing things to you, but you know he hates it.
But, it is just an idea XD
Please, I would like to know how the game is developing. :3

Reactions: Corootai

Tomtom2099

Mar 25, 2019
Please, tell me that you can choose between a slave rute and a good rute. It would be disappointing just having the good rute with scenes.
I personally would like to see scenes with the minotaur doing things to you, but you know he hates it.
I imagine that would be a definite possibility

Corootai

Aug 24, 2019

it's on icho.io and it's free please jump into the game support this dev. yes there's comments and there's branching points where you can remind the mino that he's your prisoner. but.... would you really want to be that awful to the games best boi? XDDDD but yeah please give this game a shot. ^_^

here's the offical walkthrough if you need referances to see what you can and can't do. i like how it explains a handful of things without giving away the whole chapter.

Minoh

Sep 4, 2019
Dev here. We are releasing the next build on the 22nd of May. More info on why it took so long on our latest devlog:

You can treat pretty cruelly in a few places. Build 0.3 adds a lot of content on that side of the story. That's the reason why it took so long actually, we wrote a lot of variations for that... Which also means as of Build 0.3 the game will have quite a bit of replayability if you explore your choices.
And to everyone who's been sending us kind words: thank you. Hope you'll like what we prepared.

Minoh

Sep 4, 2019
Build 0.3 is out, you can get it
This update adds a lot of content and variation. We describe it in greater detail , but for your convenience...

As of the current build the story evolves into three different "branches." The specifics of which actions lead to which can get a bit complicated, but here's the summary of it:
"The Good Master": Treat Asterion particularly well and don't send him out to the valley.
"The Friendly Master": Don't send Asterion to the valley, but don't go out of your way to treat him well.
"The Ruthless Master": Send Asterion to the valley.

There is yet more variation on the "Ruthless" branch, based on whether the player sent Asterion out only once or more times (you can send him out again on Build 0.3).

Based on previous choices you will either have Kota or Luke as the lounge's manager. Each option brings a number of unique scenes which contain backstory on both characters. Even if you have a favorite you might want to replay the game with the other option to see everything there is about your preferred boy.

Argos makes a return! He has unique scenes depending on how your confrontation with him ended on Build 0.1 — that means there are five ways it can go on Build 0.3, based on the following outcomes:
The player signed the contract without contesting it;
The player contested the contract, but did not pick the right article;
The player contested the contract and got it right;
The player tricked Argos some other way (exclusive to Humanities and Leader backgrounds), and
The player has the Speedrunner background, in which case he signs the contract to "save frames."

Build 0.3 adds the staff management mechanic! You'll have to send your staff members to Research & Development (R&D) or Exploration to accomplish time-sensitive tasks. You can fail and succeed in a number of ways, and for the most complex of the tasks there are in total 7 possible outcomes.

On top of that, while exploring the valley you can find old items. For now they take the form of fragmentary writings about Asterion's life over the centuries. There is both strategy and randomness in this process — certain choices will bring you more loot, at a price. There are 25 items to find right now, 18 of which make up a whole plotline when put together. As of this moment you cannot find them all in a single playthrough, which means you'll have to either play it more than once or get together with more people to piece it all together.

There are three accessories you can get in-game, which we picked based on a community consultation we did some weeks ago. One of them is exclusive to the Speedrunner background.

The player will talk about the Internet with Asterion, the contents of the conversation depend on the background you picked at the start of the game.
It's been a little more than a week since the game released. Since then some people have started threads to discuss it in the game's page, you can find some extra stuff there. Hope you have fun and stay safe.

Reactions: ejmuerte
3.00 star(s) 2 Votes