RPGM - Completed - Mireille and Amrita, the Forest of Illusions [Final] [Wagasi Biyori / Wasabi]

1. 3.00 star(s)

RagueltheUFO

You would think when you make a sequel to the first game, you would try to improve upon it. Alas, I find this game more boring than the Meria one. Which sucks because there are a lot of missed opportunities.

Pros:
    • The art is still good.
    • The battle system is smoother this time around. By removing enemies that can silence you, it means the battles go by faster.
    • More enemy variety compared to just orcs in the first game.
    • Most of the best items are available from the start once you get access to the city of Charlotte. They only upgrade it once and that’s after you deal with the bandits.
    • Lore building books to add to the first game as well as this one (and will be noted for the third one).
    • There is more going on in terms of plot
    Cons:
    • This game is even shorter than the last one. By removing the padding from the first game, there is not much to do.
    • There are only two areas in the game. The Forest of Illusion should be bigger than what the title implies but that takes up the first and last part of the game and it just adds a few more rooms until you are in the final area. Not much of an illusionary forest if it’s a straight path with no twist and turns.
    • Alma’s attitude is worse in this game due to the context of the first game. She had better spells for Mirelle, but didn’t give them to Meria who was at a higher risk of getting killed since she was sent out to deal with the orc problem alone. It makes her super petty and a bad teacher.
    • The town of Charlotte is super laggy. There is so much in the town but so little to actually do. I think it's pointless to have so many vendors in a game that calls it the best market place and only interacting with it once in the story while the main store is in a building. It should be an improvement from the last game with just one location for civilization, but there’s so much with so little that it is just as bad.
    • The game is easier than the last game due to the removal of enemies who can silence you and easier access to items. Enemies only have two main weaknesses. Plants are all weak to her light magic that she starts out with. Human enemies are weak to fire and you are taught it by Alma. Ice and lightning are optional spells and are just useless in comparison (but it’s nice to have to show variety).
    • The bonus boss is just tapped on to add a challenge and to get the best book from Alma once you grab the item from it. To be able to just buy the book and reduce all spells by 50% off is great and unlike in the last game, it’s permanent (due to it being a passive).
    • Like the last game, you have to be playing bad to even get to the point of h scenes in battle. Because this game is easier, you can go through the entire game without getting an h scene once and it plays like a normal RPG game.
    So unless you REALLY like the universe these devs made, I wouldn't really play the game simply because it's near impossible to unlock the hentai scenes because the game itself is too easy to lose on purpose. I would have given the game 2.5/5 but I would be lying if I didn't enjoy the story as short as it was. (I'm a sucker for stories of saving sickly parents even if not related by blood).
  2. 2.00 star(s)

anon707

The only thing worse than a bad game is a boring game. There's really nothing here to write home about.

You play as a nun, but the game doesnt play up the chastity aspect that tends to come with nuns or religious figures. Why make her a nun then? Just make her some random village girl.

While some of the character sprites are unique the game uses a version of (what I presume is) a somewhat newer version of RPGM which is much nicer to look at then most older versions. At some point this will be the new generic standard for RPGM games, but I rather see more of this version than previous ones.

The sex is easy to get its not stellar. Its not garbage, but like with the entire rest of the game, its not anything to home home about. What is dumb is that in order to get to some of the sex events in town you need bad status effects, and you can only get those from getting wailed on in combat. So you have to just run out, stand there and get slapped and hope you finally get the status effect you need. Who thought this was a good idea?

Combat itself is pretty bog standard + battle fuck. Its grindy though.

The art work is okay.

The preg content is an ending only, so thats a thumbs down from me.

Again, not a bad game, but not really worth the time. A lot of wasted potential and missed opportunities. Skip it.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

Requiss

Trash gameplay, seriously, why did author bother to make this in RPG, not in VN. The dungeon parts are just a waste of time imo. The story is just about find this, fight that.
    Redeeming qualities: sex scenes, semi battle fuck, art, running animation, menu design
  4. 3.00 star(s)

Cloud73

A basic, lightweight RPGM game. I managed to get off, so it's good enough.

There's not much to say about it, so I guess I'll just pass off my pros/cons notes:

+Good artwork, good sex scenes (too many plants/worms for my taste, but some mind control and male domination make up for it.)
    +Lots of unique assets, but very familiar, rustic fantasy aesthetic.
    -The text font is squat and annoying to read.
    -Short, boring dungeons. Easy to get stuck on random objects while walking around.
    -Very easy combat as long as you pay attention. Last boss took two spells to beat, which made protag's "Oh no, I can't go on, I used too much magic" line seem really stupid.
    -Lots of telling without showing going on in the lore/plot, very generic tropes thrown in without any thematic purpose or relevance. Where was the oh-so evil military?
    ...Monsters can tear clothing and inflict sexual statuses, although not very many.
    ...Short game. Beat in a couple hours.

So, yeah, it's okay.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

1tomadeira

So much potential wasted. The character is extremely cute, and all the ideas are there, but badly executed. There is a corruption theme, but the cap is easy to reach and there is no difference besides her image (which is nice), besides that not having any kind of other changes removes the flavour of corruption.

Also, while the idea of not moving due orgasm is neat, it needs something, it ends up being to repetitive. The scenes with NPCs and monsters also repeat. It's also goes along with the corruption thing I mentioned.

One thing that also got me annoyed, it has a clothing system, but it's only an "yes/on", and even so you can't have an option on the equipment to decide that neither to go naked.

Finally, the pregnancy system isn't implemented besides game over (so far). Yes it exists and it isn't bad, but it's small events.

It's pretty sad actually. As I said the MC is extremely cute, and the art isn't bad, specially when she's corrupted. However, the lack of flavour on other areas makes the game feel bland.

It isn't an horrible RPG like many, it shows some care, but at the same it wants to do everything and doesn't excel at anything. Which is a disapointment, because the polish of the game really deserved more love into the gameplay, yet at the same time feels like any other RPG without any work and smut stuff to be forgotten quickly.

It's a small fun game, which I still rate it 3. Due still being playable and having all premises to be better than this. If devs wanted this could be a excellent game with some small changes and well worth the price. It isn't. It simply feels rushed.

It should not be included into the pile of those crappy RPGs, but it doesn't feel like a great game as well. I really hope the devs pick it and remaster it, it really deserves something more.
  6. 2.00 star(s)

smithsmithsmith

Sadly it's another very generic game with poorly intergrated sex scenes, at least it doesn't take long to clear. Story is nothing interesting, main character's dad is sick go get plant to cure him, it's over in three dungeons and takes about an hour.

The H-scenes are mostly in battle, but like a lot of low effort battlefuck it's far too easy to avoid. The long and short of it is enemies will rip clothes if you stay below 50% hp, then after that they can molest her. But since it takes them an action to rip clothes there's literally no punishment if you just heal at 50%, it cancels the enemy turn if you have more than 50% when they try to rip clothes. There's little reason to allow them to molest her either, since most of them apply status effects you have to backtrack to town to remove. Outside of the battlefuck there's a whole 6 scenes in a bar in town, but they're pretty generic prostitution scenes, and 3 more scenes for failing in various ways.

TLDR: Generic, poorly intergrated battlefuck, short, few scenes. Single star for a few unique assets but really don't bother with this one.