VN Ren'Py Abandoned Misary Lake [v0.2] [johannes89]

2.50 star(s) 2 Votes

johannes89

Game Developer
Mar 23, 2018
Hey so ive read thru the reviews so far thank you for each and every review you made it surely does help me to improve there are allot behind the story

first off renders im no pro in render im just trying to get the renders right still need to learn about the lightning and everything else to fix the renders
the images which are not good like the dress yea that was a mistake which i need to fix
boobs which state ive dragged them down with photoshop i dont use photoshop yet to fix images i still need to learn how to use photoshop to fix my renders
the mom which looks young she is a witch so she does not age i will revamp her hair i got many people saying they dont like the hair on her so on my next update ill revamp her and fix it

the game name Misary lake is exactly it its just how i named it i know its not right how you know it as Misery it it bothers everyone i can change it to Misery instead of Misary

the voices is just a beta mode to test and see how it works out will later change it ive done it online so if there are anyone who know a better place to get more realistic voices it will really help allot

this moment i think will be multiple protagonist as the story is about the girl and its about the guy who is investigating the town and the mom and daughter are the main investigation

Melody is it you?
i didnt even look at that im using Kimm model for the main girl Barbana as the mother

This game really need introduction. The sandbox is really cranky. Right now it's a hot mess. Basically you need to improve at every area.
im working on it if you say introduction do you mean in the beginning of the game to explain how and what it is or what exactly do you mean

Fascinating, City to village.
MC wanna start new life left everything behind in the city due loss. Hmm...
just a story to tell to her he is there for a mission investigation on why there are people going missing

90% devs are from countries where english is not first language and google translate is biggest shit !
ive got my wife to write the story i will get someone to do proofreading on the story so i can get the grammar right

thank you for everyone who commented so far if you remember ive created the first release Psycho Bar Girl which i got totally wasted on everything and then ive redone the game totally ive renamed it just before ive released it if you guys prefer me to fix the name ill do so to stop further bad mouthing on the game name.
renders im currently working on improvements i got a quite alot of work to do to fix renders got a tip yesterday how to improve the renders attached is two renders ive redone please do give opinion.
dialogues i need assistance to improve my dialogues
images while talking between each other which is out of place will get improved to look at each other
voice over ill search for a better Text to Voice app else ill remove it for future releases until i can get voice actors

any suggestions to improve it futures to be added things already in that need to improve please do comment and ill have a look thru them.

Reactions: Aesimodo

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
Or Latke instead of Lake? Potato latkes, Mmmm.
who say misary wasnt supposed to be a name ?.. you know.. people usually give name to lakes.... weird isnt ?

i m honestly surprise that nobody mentionned the grains..... i guess people start to get used to that kind of things.

i just say that ... no, i say nuffin... dont look at me !

johannes89

Game Developer
Mar 23, 2018
Hey yea the images are really not good at this stage im still struggling to get the renders like i want it to be im also disappointed so far im doing this on my own but trying to get some assistance to help get it like its suppose to be

Reactions: Lokitox8

Usser82

Feb 4, 2018
Hey yea the images are really not good at this stage im still struggling to get the renders like i want it to be im also disappointed so far im doing this on my own but trying to get some assistance to help get it like its suppose to be
Dont let this messy comments to you, all devs who i know redone ther first Images after 3-4 updates! Yeah Braindrop from wvm too...!

Reactions: johannes89

drbadtouch33

Jul 24, 2017
Some advice, you don't need to keep switching to the person talking like that. We have the text window to let us know who is speaking. You can either have an image with both of them or switch once or twice during the conversation. No need to keep switching to the person talking, it's really jarring.

Also when the daughter is chatting with her mother in the morning her outfit suddenly changes. Panties go from black to white and the outfit goes from black and white to solid white. Good luck.

Edit: Just finished this...needs a lot of work. Near the end it looks like there were missing images too. Couldn't find anything in the image folder that fit the scene.

Last edited:

johannes89

Game Developer
Mar 23, 2018
Dont let this messy comments to you, all devs who i know redone ther first Images after 3-4 updates! Yeah Braindrop from wvm too...!
once i get the hang of the render and to improve it im sure it be much better ill just need to get someone to assist with proofreading who can also help with dialogues improvements to get the story sorted but i just love doing this learning how to do everything and hope to become allot better one day

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
we all do that. cant be super perfect at the first time. even the ones that "pretend" to have shit tons of years of experiences of game developing behind them XD

johannes89

Game Developer
Mar 23, 2018
Some advice, you don't need to keep switching to the person talking like that. We have the text window to let us know who is speaking. You can either have an image with both of them or switch once or twice during the conversation. No need to keep switching to the person talking, it's really jarring.

Also when the daughter is chatting with her mother in the morning her outfit suddenly changes. Panties go from black to white and the outfit goes from black and white to solid white. Good luck.
thank you for the advice ill surely go and change that and yea i know there was bit of issue with the underwear i never saved my render and my desktop bombed out so when i had to redo the render it got bit mixed up

johannes89

Game Developer
Mar 23, 2018
ive actually went and googled the name and there are a place called misary lake go check on google maps :)

johannes89

Game Developer
Mar 23, 2018

Edit: Just finished this...needs a lot of work. Near the end it looks like there were missing images too. Couldn't find anything in the image folder that fit the scene.
Yes ive added the story in and forgot to remove it before ive rendered the game its complete up to the bar the extra scene are extra that was placed next update ill work on the images fix the renders that look bad

Thank you for the review

darth_hiruma

Jan 13, 2020
im working on it if you say introduction do you mean in the beginning of the game to explain how and what it is or what exactly do you mean
Yes or at least something better than "a guy who supposed to lost everything come into a bar. Order a beer and hit on a bartender." The narrative is bad so I think an intro or something could help to ease player into the story.

PinkGoddess

Apr 3, 2020
90% devs are from countries where english is not first language and google translate is biggest shit !
This. Why always the english people complain about the english write from other country's people?

I would want see how these people write in another language that is not their first.

Vojvoda

Mar 21, 2019
This. Why always the english people complain about the english write from other country's people?

I would want see how these people write in another language that is not their first.
once my friend use google translate to write me on my language and never again ! when i translate back to him on english what he write to me is how to say mess a sentence without meaning :)

2.50 star(s) 2 Votes