• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Missing Games

Mr.Blackwell

Dec 27, 2019
Is it possible if I can't find certain games I played about a year or so ago that it been taken off?I did a search and asked on different forums and got no results.I was just wondering if it was possible that what happened to them.

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
If said games involved underage characters they were probably taken down.

4 Anon

Jan 13, 2020
Do you have the names of the game(s) that are missing?
If you're sure its not rule 7 they might have been renamed.
You can also make an ID thread if you didn't already.

Mr.Blackwell

Dec 27, 2019
Do you have the names of the game(s) that are missing?
If you're sure its not rule 7 they might have been renamed.
You can also make an ID thread if you didn't already.
I don't know the name of the games but I did a seach using the filters and nothing like them has showed up.I know you're probably thinking did I see them here and yes I did.

4 Anon

Jan 13, 2020
I don't know the name of the games but I did a seach using the filters and nothing like them has showed up.I know you're probably thinking did I see them here and yes I did.
Maybe they are on your watched list somewhere(If you mark games that is). Other than that ID threads are probably your best bet.

4 Anon

Jan 13, 2020
And if that doesn't work out you can check your AppData\Roaming\RenPy folder for save files. Only applies for renpy games obviously and is a bit of a crapshoot as some devs give their save folders unrelated or abbreviated names. They might also just dump the save folder in the roaming folder.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
That'll be reasonable but these games weren't.
The underage character(s) can have been introduced in between the last time you played, and now that you search again for the game. Another possibility is that the game goes full online only. But, to my knowledge, those are the only reasons why a game can be removed.

I mean, there's even threads for 0.01 version abandoned five years ago, so no, a thread do not disappear without suddenly going against the rules. Even the fact that the game wouldn't anymore be translated in English wouldn't lead to the thread be removed. It will not be updated anymore, but the thread would stay.

Reactions: morphnet