• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Daz Blender Missing texture while sending daz to blender

Jan 9, 2021
I am now using differmorphic to send my character from daz to blender , but the texture of the eye parts are missing

Can anyone help me , i don't know what to do

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
are you exporting just the character (nude) or does the character have clothing?
I find that lots of accessories (such as earings, buttons connected to clothing, or just bad clothe models) can break exporters, and remove materials and textures. I usually have to delete everything that isn't hair or normal cloths, anything with loose bits or fancy geometry shells I have to delete, and if that doesn't work, the worst case is I have to do a sanity check and delete all the clothes to see if the model still works (which it always does) and slowly add the clothing back in (just using the undo button and then re deleting half the clothes) to slowly identify which outfit is causing the issue. Things such as applied nipples or genitals usually aren't the issue either, just strange clothing geometry corrupts the export.

Jan 9, 2021
I have tried even without cloths, but the problem is same. Whatever I do the texture of the eye part is missing.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Quite drunk but yo.

You should show with pictures what you mean by missing textures or if there is any error msg.

Problem is lot of artists have very different way on how to texture eyes. To put it short, it's problematic area and there is no real "correct" way per se except they share the same UV. Every artists have their own routine (and can cause problem when exporting).

Download Babina, it's a clean shaded skin top to bottom and export to blender. Eyes should be exported correctly. In Daz pay close attention how that eye shading is built (cornea, moisture, irises, pupils and so on), try to get the gist of it. Image is Babina with Cycle exported with diffeo 1.6 and "Easy import Daz" :

babina8-cycles.png

Last edited:

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
I have tried g3f model and it's working fine with it, but when I am using ejadora model the problem is happening,
View attachment 1715078 View attachment 1715079
You should be able to find where the problem comes from just looking at your exported shader nodes.
EJ Adora is an old skin, using terribly outdated shading (too long to make a list).
You either, copy/paste other eyes surfaces before exporting; or correct the eyes shading part within Iray (for a smooth export) or Cycle (within Cycle material nodes).

Jan 9, 2021
You should be able to find where the problem comes from just looking at your exported shader nodes.
EJ Adora is an old skin, using terribly outdated shading (too long to make a list).
You either, copy/paste other eyes surfaces before exporting; or correct the eyes shading part within Iray (for a smooth export) or Cycle (within Cycle material nodes).
First of all thank you so much for replying ,but I have just started using blender so can u please tell me a little more about that or can u send me any tutorial . It will be really helpful .

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
First of all thank you so much for replying ,but I have just started using blender so can u please tell me a little more about that or can u send me any tutorial . It will be really helpful .
You're welcome, that said I'm very sorry I can't help you that much. I can't think of a smart way to condensate so much in few forum posts, and I don't know if there is any relevant tutorial. Don't take it the wrong way, but going blind into Blender to export Daz asset without basic knowledge of Blender node material and how Daz/Uber shader work is gonna be a train wreck.

If I had an advice, before even to think about exporting any Daz skin, you need to understand how Daz/Uber shader works. And then how export is done. There is, imho, no way to cut it.

Iray / dForce documentation

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2021
You're welcome, that said I'm very sorry I can't help you that much. I can't think of a smart way to condensate so much in few forum posts, and I don't know if there is any relevant tutorial. Don't take it the wrong way, but going blind into Blender to export Daz asset without basic knowledge of Blender node material and how Daz/Uber shader work is gonna be a train wreck.

If I had an advice, before even to think about exporting any Daz skin, you need to understand how Daz/Uber shader works. And then how export is done. There is, imho, no way to cut it.

Iray / dForce documentation
Again thank you for ur kind words i have read all of the pdfs u have provided, they are really good.

And I have solved the problem , i was wrong actually the texture wasn't missing actually, the eye moisture part was just causing the problem.

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
facepalm
I actually know what you mean, I have a set of default assets and materials, such as for the eye moisture, and now that you mention it, I completely forgot about that issue, since I just swap materials right after loading in a model. Glad to hear you got it sorted out.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Looking to solve diffeo bug, I bumped upon a video that cover more extensively material conversion between Iray and Cycles :

Didn't watch fully, but could help people who struggle a bit.

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
Yeah, looking at it there are few things I noticed in the video.

When importing from daz, there are two possible material types you get, I've seen some materials where they only use a few textures, and try to implement daz's dual lobe secularity technique, or in this video, it imports all the textures and another matearial shader technique is used (though I'm not sure I've seen that node set up before).

Using all the textures, it looks like he just plugs them into the more universal Principle shader. For the longest time I couldn't get all the textures to import (be it a diffeo setting or something else) so I often had to track down the textures in my files. I eventually stopped. I also stop with making custom shaders just because I got tired of how long it took to load or make a change. I do customize the princple shader and lots of filtering, but its quicker than it used to be.

But I go for a more stylized look rather than trying to match daz's model look so idk about techniques to properly emulate.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Yeah, looking at it there are few things I noticed in the video.

When importing from daz, there are two possible material types you get, I've seen some materials where they only use a few textures, and try to implement daz's dual lobe secularity technique, or in this video, it imports all the textures and another matearial shader technique is used (though I'm not sure I've seen that node set up before).

Using all the textures, it looks like he just plugs them into the more universal Principle shader. For the longest time I couldn't get all the textures to import (be it a diffeo setting or something else) so I often had to track down the textures in my files. I eventually stopped. I also stop with making custom shaders just because I got tired of how long it took to load or make a change. I do customize the princple shader and lots of filtering, but its quicker than it used to be.

But I go for a more stylized look rather than trying to match daz's model look so idk about techniques to properly emulate.
Speaking stricly for realism/pseudo realism, I think Diffeo do now a really fine job at converting Iray skin (if you havn't used diffeo for a while make a test with Babina). Mostly all Uber core concepts has been fully replicated; Translucency/Volume absorption, Dual lobe & Top coat. And you can also import HD mesh, 8.1 micro tiles layer is also imported. For the better or the worst, as it gonna tank Cycle as well as Uber tank Iray :D (but provide also quite a good base for Eevee as well).

Translucency/Volume absorption is the worst offender by far, not absolutely necessary (there is other less intensive path) but needed if you want to be as close 1:1 as possible.

"Daz dual lobe" node replicate Uber/dual lobe (more likely 2 same roughness/specular map layer that offset each other with different roughness/specular value). Let's say it's a gloss layer on steroid but quite convincing for skins (Vray/Arnold Alshader also use this).

Top coat is another gloss layer (on top) that use roughness/specular map with generally reflectivy or fresnel applied and work in concert with a detailed Bump or Normal map. Tbh I'm not sure how intensive it is, but it does very well for skin plasticity/porosity (if you want to look at this, check for Ensley).

Of course all this is for rendering purpose. Maybe I'm wrong, and by no way an expert, but technicaly speaking there is not much to convert anymore (for skin I mean). As other Uber layers are either obsolete or not really used/usable in credible/correct skin.

Reactions: Saki_Sliz