VN - Others - Completed - Missing Time [Final] [Abyss]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Brokai

The game is pretty poor to be fair. The story is ok at best and really needs to be fleshed out especially with the 'true' end which left more plot holes than anything. Relationships between characters are a literal seesaw of flat cliche personality types which also could have really been fleshed out more. I know the theme is supposed to be depressing with this genre but having an actual romance develope during routes would make a much better story rather than "omg you said two nice things, studied together, and ate lunch once so now we're in love" .
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Luka_M

i only just finished one "route" if you can call it that and so far and it was freaking fantastic its not a lovey dovey game where you enjoy life with the girl you like, it was a struggle to keep her alive and try to solve a murder mystery i really loved the fact that a choice you might think is irrelevant may end up costing you
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    but the best part i enjoyed is even if you fuck up you can still continue a decent chunk of story with your failure and its not just a bland bad end
    overall if the other "routes" are like this its AMAZING
    my one gripe is that the UI is bad especially the setting UI but i don't really mind this stuff if you do be ready for headaches

UPDATE: now that i've finished the game i can say all the routes are decent but it also has a fair share of problems so i'll drop it to a 4
    pros:
    - interesting and well written story in majority of routes
    - bunch of cool twists
    - fun characters and relationships
    - semi complex routes
    cons:
    - mc is very passive until shit hits the fan every time
    - mc has no real motivation to solve the case
    - ending to majority if not all of routes suck
    - i think this version lacks the sex scenes as the option to enter them was always disabled
    - vague poetic explanations for a lot of the shit that happens which i didn't really like
    overall i was impressed going in blind especially the first few routes as the mystery is really intriguing and got emotionally invested, tho BE WARNED IF YOU CANNOT HANDEL GORE DON'T PLAY THIS GAME, i wish the dev all the best and hope their next games end up even better.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

kgqijufq

Some of the art in the sample images looks nice, but good luck ever seeing them in the game. It's one of those games where you can just get a game over within 5 minutes of starting because you somehow chose the wrong dialogue options.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

LuminosHands

This game probably deserves better for a rating maybe by one star.
    However this is probably the most annoying game I've seen, in which I got baited into thinking it was a product level quality of VN. So I treated it as one and deleted the game after 20min, due to frustration and being annoyed to use the controls, UI and the way the game was programmed.

The story is alright, but the text animation is slow going from one to the next(the fading animation). I used a macro instead of clicking normally.
    The UI for the game is worse than games from the 2007.
    Save function is actually the quicksave button, same for load.
    When you look at chat log it starts at the start of the conversation not where you are at the bottom.
    Some scenes are timed
    but you can save before you pick...(What is the point of adding the timer other than annoying me)
    Some options are locked since I didn't pick other options before it.
    Predictable characters deaths, then the game ends instantly after picking that choice...
    After saving multiple times, trying to save more than 6 times (1page worth of save) is annoying, when you go back to save it doesn't put you where you left off. It puts you right back at page one(More annoying clicking).
    Why in the world do i have to type using an on an ingame keyboard...

I'm gonna lose my mind if I play anymore, since I know how to fix these issue through coding and its not too hard, and there are already sources which already fixed these issues in other free games as well.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Zeus x

Currently played the demo it is a good game and can't wait for the updates to progess the story further with the characters. What should be included is a walk-through so that the players know how to reach certain scenes in the game my favorite character in Missing Time is Ember.