RPGM Mistress vs Slave [v3.0] [Noxurtica]

3.80 star(s) 12 Votes

Eandrid

May 5, 2017
seem nice but make it possible to skip the 5 min intro and fastest move speed rpgm are unbearable for that

Ninjaman2

Dec 4, 2018
fucking hell tried to save my game by clicking the f keys and the game returned to start screen. I don't want to go through that intro again. Why not have a more obvious save system (I still don't know how to save)

Noxurtica

Game Developer
Mar 3, 2019
NEED; queen must be her servant's slave :Kappa:
It's an idea we considered, but for now, nothing is set in stone.

How much content is there? The premise is interesting.
It depends on your reading speed, but it shouldn't take more than an hour. There are also slightly branching stories depending on your choices.

People and devs please make more clear description. :(

What is game about? What kind of gameplay it offer? It's management game? Adventure? RPG? Or just VN?

upd. Anyway 'enter your name' shit is very bad sign for me....
Thanks for the advice. Will edit the description.

Can't wait for the final release! See ya in 2 years, Guys..
It won't take 2 years. We tend to finish our games pretty quickly, but we'll see.

can you sub or is the protag only dominant ?
For now, we're focusing on dom play-through. We might have role-reversals and slave play-through depending on interest.

Interesting premise but JFC the artist needs to get his anatomy sorted out. Right in the cover image the princess' facial proportions are all over the place and that note continues in the previews D:
Speaking of art, that dress seems to be skin-tight and looks like someone put some paint on her breasts. I see some potential in both the idea and the art itself, it just needs some polishing.
Unfortunately, our artist is a freelancer, so we don't really have a way of improving his skill level or forcing him to redo all the art.

Noxurtica

Game Developer
Mar 3, 2019
seem nice but make it possible to skip the 5 min intro and fastest move speed rpgm are unbearable for that
We will add that as a feature.

fucking hell tried to save my game by clicking the f keys and the game returned to start screen. I don't want to go through that intro again. Why not have a more obvious save system (I still don't know how to save)
You save by interacting with the mirror in your room. Sorry about that. We will edit an option to skip the intro and add a tip on saving earlier.

TheImage

Professional Bystander
Staff member
Community Liaison
Donor
Aug 14, 2016
This is pretty enjoyable so far.

I'd like some options during events though. For instance, during the foot kissing scene, you could allow the elvin princess to heal the prisoner for a lower submissions, but a lower sanity cost, or you could hurt the prisoner more for a higher submission gain, but a higher sanity cost.

RagueltheUFO

Jan 19, 2020
The story is what's keeping me here for an update and the political climate. When the game kept screaming to me DEMO END I'm like "This really be the end bruh"

The images shown are only at the end of the DEMO if you decide to be violent or manipulative. I thought the point of the game is to make her submissive and not lash out at her violently.

Either way, the art just needs to get better. I love piano music so that's a plus for me. I am kind of annoyed with how I can't tell who is speaking during the meetings.

naibsel

Aug 26, 2018
This is a nice game and well written But there is a lot of text between game play decisions and actions. traversal is bothersome I genially hate having to click on doors to open them.

I strongly suggest a skip the opening for returning players as if you have to restart the game for whatever reason. also the ability to save via menu reduce the mild tedium baked in.

as for sanity I don't know the goal of it. I assume it is to reduce to 0 best you can but it would be wonderful if the game explicitly says so.

I really like the characters and the political angle. the scene of submission is good. I'm really looking forward to more

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
So trying the intro so far. My first note is that this game is in desperate need of an "In Medias Res" type intro. The core engagement of the game is the dominance struggle with the slave. But, the slave doesn't show up until like minute 20. That means that the player has to go through all that time without a core engage.

How I would improve it: Have it start with the first meeting between the Princess and her new slave. Then, have all of the political backstory happen via flashbacks, or have it be implied by the cast members in present day conversation.

One of the core challenges of writing is conveying all the needed information without it being a boring slog. There is much more creative and engaging ways to get all this backstory across.

Ninjaman2

Dec 4, 2018
We will add that as a feature.

You save by interacting with the mirror in your room. Sorry about that. We will edit an option to skip the intro and add a tip on saving earlier.
Good to hear I'll give this game another whirl once that's implemented!

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
So I read in the thread that maybe you can be a sadistic bitch...instant download! Looking forward to trying it!

Reactions: Ninjaman2

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
I want to try and give meaningful feedback because I like the premise so much. It is SO rare to find a game with a female protagonist that is in a position of power this way, so I hope it continues and wish the best of luck for the dev!

I'm not as familiar with this game engine, but have played some games on it of course.

Suggestions:

After first time playing the intro (not sure if RPGM does this like Renpy can) give an option to skip the intro for returning players.

Minor way to show who is actually speaking when in a larger room with multiple characters. (either move the character speaking slightly or show some kind of icon - especially maybe a face icon for dialogues in general) I think the face icon with dialogue is kind of the "typical" thing I have seen for this style of game, so that might work really well.

Make sure players know how to save by telling them right away how to save (the mirror in room) and maybe even consider a message to sleep if there is clearly nothing else to progress for that day.

I don't mind the walk speed for immersion, but I think a lot of players would like an option to walk faster.

I personally might have started the game with the Duke asking for the favor about the war, and then going straight to the throne room from there and maybe cut down a little exposition early.

But I really like the premise, and the music - and option to change it - is a really nice touch I rarely see in any game!

Reactions: A.R.K.A.N.G.E.L

Ahree5sa

Apr 13, 2019
...um...I did not have the patience to read through the intro WITH the "W" key pressed. The intro is so long that I cannot even get through it on fast forward! Just... is this how you like your games?

For context: I played a few RPGM games, if the game is good I will read through .... explanatory text (but never that much, Claire's Quest or perhaps Caliross are good examples I think). But, the more visual a medium is the harder I find it to read a lot of text. Book: alright no pictures please, game: please only dialogue. Do the exposition interactively, only if the player speaks to the appropriate person. Reduce your intro to the barest of essentials, at most 1% of what you have. Most importantly make the game interactive as early as possible. Allow the player to move and talk to people or skip optional conversations if they wish, it must be a game first. Write the story of the war but don't put it in the game, just let your background story inform the characters and plot.

Noxurtica

Game Developer
Mar 3, 2019
This is pretty enjoyable so far.

I'd like some options during events though. For instance, during the foot kissing scene, you could allow the elvin princess to heal the prisoner for a lower submissions, but a lower sanity cost, or you could hurt the prisoner more for a higher submission gain, but a higher sanity cost.
Great suggestion. Thanks for the feedback.

The story is what's keeping me here for an update and the political climate. When the game kept screaming to me DEMO END I'm like "This really be the end bruh"

The images shown are only at the end of the DEMO if you decide to be violent or manipulative. I thought the point of the game is to make her submissive and not lash out at her violently.

Either way, the art just needs to get better. I love piano music so that's a plus for me. I am kind of annoyed with how I can't tell who is speaking during the meetings.
We will add better dialogue tags for the courts. Thanks for the feedback.

This is a nice game and well written But there is a lot of text between game play decisions and actions. traversal is bothersome I genially hate having to click on doors to open them.

I strongly suggest a skip the opening for returning players as if you have to restart the game for whatever reason. also the ability to save via menu reduce the mild tedium baked in.

as for sanity I don't know the goal of it. I assume it is to reduce to 0 best you can but it would be wonderful if the game explicitly says so.

I really like the characters and the political angle. the scene of submission is good. I'm really looking forward to more
Thanks for the feedback, we plan to add a skip option to the intro. If sanity reaches 0 the game will end, as the elf goes insane and becomes useless essentially. Health will have similar consequences. The point is to break or tame your slave in a way that it doesn't destroy her mentally or physically. We did explain this in the tutorial, but maybe it needs to be more explicit.

any chance you could place a marker to show where you need to stand to open the doors?
Will add in the next update.

So trying the intro so far. My first note is that this game is in desperate need of an "In Medias Res" type intro. The core engagement of the game is the dominance struggle with the slave. But, the slave doesn't show up until like minute 20. That means that the player has to go through all that time without a core engage.

How I would improve it: Have it start with the first meeting between the Princess and her new slave. Then, have all of the political backstory happen via flashbacks, or have it be implied by the cast members in present day conversation.

One of the core challenges of writing is conveying all the needed information without it being a boring slog. There is much more creative and engaging ways to get all this backstory across.

We'll pass this on to our writer. Thanks for the feedback. I personally despise flashbacks, but I do think the game could use less exposition or at least make more of it optional. We're making the intro optional, so that should cut the time down to something tolerable for most people.

I want to try and give meaningful feedback because I like the premise so much. It is SO rare to find a game with a female protagonist that is in a position of power this way, so I hope it continues and wish the best of luck for the dev!

I'm not as familiar with this game engine, but have played some games on it of course.

Suggestions:

After first time playing the intro (not sure if RPGM does this like Renpy can) give an option to skip the intro for returning players.

Minor way to show who is actually speaking when in a larger room with multiple characters. (either move the character speaking slightly or show some kind of icon - especially maybe a face icon for dialogues in general) I think the face icon with dialogue is kind of the "typical" thing I have seen for this style of game, so that might work really well.

Make sure players know how to save by telling them right away how to save (the mirror in room) and maybe even consider a message to sleep if there is clearly nothing else to progress for that day.

I don't mind the walk speed for immersion, but I think a lot of players would like an option to walk faster.

I personally might have started the game with the Duke asking for the favor about the war, and then going straight to the throne room from there and maybe cut down a little exposition early.

But I really like the premise, and the music - and option to change it - is a really nice touch I rarely see in any game!
Thanks for the feedback. We plan on making the intro optional and add character faces for dialogues in court scenes. We will consider your other suggestions, too.

...um...I did not have the patience to read through the intro WITH the "W" key pressed. The intro is so long that I cannot even get through it on fast forward! Just... is this how you like your games?

For context: I played a few RPGM games, if the game is good I will read through .... explanatory text (but never that much, Claire's Quest or perhaps Caliross are good examples I think). But, the more visual a medium is the harder I find it to read a lot of text. Book: alright no pictures please, game: please only dialogue. Do the exposition interactively, only if the player speaks to the appropriate person. Reduce your intro to the barest of essentials, at most 1% of what you have. Most importantly make the game interactive as early as possible. Allow the player to move and talk to people or skip optional conversations if they wish, it must be a game first. Write the story of the war but don't put it in the game, just let your background story inform the characters and plot.
Thanks for the feedback. We're giving options to skip the intro, which should cut down the time for those that want to get to interactive parts quicker. For better or worse, our game is more of a VN than a RPG. We have no exploration or combat, and the only gameplay aspects are in the training and political choices you make. But I do think you and others have a point, so I'll forward this to our writer and we'll have a talk.

3.80 star(s) 12 Votes