Mixdrop is the worst...

AshramAscendant

Apr 28, 2020
I use add and pop-up blockers and Mixdrop still does both.
If I have to download anything using them I have to be prepared to: click download, close pop-up/new tab, click download, close pop-up/new tab, rinse and repeat until it finally decides I have suffered enough and will download the file.
This is a shit experience.
I know F95 doesn't control that site, but we could just choose not to use them.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Funny, none of that happens to me when i try using them, i just click the button and the download starts.
What ad-blocker you say you use? :whistle::coffee:

AshramAscendant

Apr 28, 2020
Funny, none of that happens to me when i try using them, i just click the button and the download starts.
What ad-blocker you say you use? :whistle::coffee:
I use AdBlocker Ultimate on Firefox and haven't had issues with it anywhere else.
I am happy for those of you who don't have to endure that particular hell.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
I use AdBlocker Ultimate on Firefox and haven't had issues with it anywhere else.
I am happy for those of you who don't have to endure that particular hell.
Install uBlock Origin and remove all other stuff like ultimate and pop-up blockers.
Origin is all you need when it comes down to blocking unwanted crap, has very extensive constantly updated filter lists. :whistle::coffee:

Reactions: AshramAscendant

F4C430

Dec 4, 2018
Ublock Origin and Pi-hole if you can get your hands on a RaspberryPi (should work on any model).

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
I agree about the pop-ups. It's crap.

Mixdrop does give decent speeds though, most of the time.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
I do believe that Mixdrop is shit yes, but not because of this. For me, it's because there's a captcha when I try to use it with JDownloader, and only in this case.

morphnet

Aug 3, 2017
I use add and pop-up blockers and Mixdrop still does both.
If I have to download anything using them I have to be prepared to: click download, close pop-up/new tab, click download, close pop-up/new tab, rinse and repeat until it finally decides I have suffered enough and will download the file.
I know F95 doesn't control that site, but we could just choose not to use them.
Use brave browser, it blocks all pop-ups from most sites and use one of the other links given to download, most game threads have 2 or 3 links at least.

STNeish

Mar 20, 2020
I have the same problem, but it's more than popups. My virus checker keeps blocking it for various things, usually Trojans and Phishing.