VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Mizuchi [v1.0] [Aikasa]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Avaron1974

This is a really, really weird one for me. It's both really good and really frustrating.

I'll start by saying Ai and Jinhai, the 2 love interests, are amazing. Ai especially is such a well made character I couldn't help but like her.

Then we have the MC who is the duality of this story. She is both incredibly endearing at times and annoyingly frustrating at others.

A lot of that is down to the writing.

For the record this will contain spoilers so reader beware.

At the start the MC is thrown into a snake pit to die but Ai, a quite powerful being, saves her. For the first half of the game all the MC wants to do is go home ..... where they condemned her to death and would do so again. It annoyed the shit out of me everytime it came up.

The second annoying part was on Ai's route. Ai was about to leave the MC but MC grabs her, says she's scared to lose her as she's fallen for her and kisses her. Kisses her several times.

After that every time Ai tries to make a move the MC runs away and it gets annoying. She knows how she feels, they already kissed but nopes out every time and it started to get annoying.

Now, why 4 stars for something I complained that much about?

The rest is great. I laughed, I cried and I saw some great endings. Both the love interests have multiple endings and 1 true ending each and I gotta admit the true endings wee fantastic. Ai's had a little sad moment but that was involving another character not the 2 lovers ad it was a great way to close that characters story while the 2 lovers moved on with theirs.

It's pretty common knowledge on here i'm a really soft tart and it doesn't take much to make me cry so to say there are some parts of this story that reduced me to a blubbering mess probably won't mean much to most but it does have some real heart wrenching moments.

All in all I really enjoyed it and despite the couple of things that annoyed me I think it's well worth a read.