README Mod Uploading Rules [12-02-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 7, 2018
For the title template: should it include the name of the game's author or mod author? I've seen examples of both, which one is preferred?

Or can it be both, e.g. "Midlife Crisis [Nefastus Games] - Courteous Mod + Walkthrough v5 [thanks for the demos]"

Cheers and thanks for your continued patience :)

EDIT: after taking another look at a bunch of mods, modder name in title seems to be the most common. I went with that, hope it complies to the format.

Last edited:

KatjaHot

May 1, 2020
I tried to post a mod, but after creating the thread I couldn't edit it. What could cause this, did I just make a stupid mistake?

CLDꝜ

̷ ̷ ̶ ̴ ̴ ̴ ̷ ̸ ̸ ̷ ̵ ̸ ̸ ̴ ̵ ̷ ̵ ̴ ̶ ̴ ̶ ̵ ̶ ̴ ̵
Staff member
Community Liaison
Jul 7, 2017
I tried to post a mod, but after creating the thread I couldn't edit it. What could cause this, did I just make a stupid mistake?
You posted the template with no additional text. A mod deleted the thread 2.5 hours later.

KatjaHot

May 1, 2020
Yes, because I couldn't add text, or edit anything, but maybe I was just tired and stupid, I'll try again today.

ttt4456

Sep 11, 2019
Suppose one modder stopped developing and distributing mods that were being produced due to asset's legal issues. If someone is dissatisfied with the decision and uploads the mod here, can modder get help from the Moderator and delete it?

sahz

Aug 9, 2016
Could we put cheat mods in their own category/folder? I'm more curious in content mods like with Babysitter.
Or put content mods in their own folder?
Or add a specific "content" tag?
Or enforce rule 14 and expand it to cover gallery/walkthrough mods?
Looking right now only 1 out of 18 tagged "mod" on the first page of the mods forum doesn't fall into cheat/gallery/walkthrough.

Lightning

Jun 12, 2017
tempted of applying my basic skill in rpg maker to possibly get into rpgm game modifications (thinking like editing variables and events and adding/removing items/people for the moment, who knows if I will gain the skill to further edit in the future.) curious if that would fall under a 'mod' and if it is if it still follows the rules if I make a thread touching on it.

TLDR: would an 'edit request thread' fall under the rules still since instead of targeting one game it is more general.

Status
Not open for further replies.