3D-Blender Modelling Progress Thread

Gereccan

Mar 16, 2024
Hey everyone,

My name's Gereccan! I'm diving headfirst into the world of 3D art with Blender, and it's been both mind-blowing and humbling. While I'm getting my hands dirty with Blender, I also dabble in the fascinating world of AI art generation. I have next to no prior art experience so learning how to make characters has certainly been an experience.

I figured it would be cool to track my progress. So, I'm starting a thread to document my journey. Feel free to share tips, tricks, or just say hi! Looking forward to being part of this awesome community.

gereccanbodyside.PNG gereccanbodyfront.PNG gereccanbody34.PNG
This is a WIP of what will become my mascot character, finished the sculpt of the body, now I have to do retopology

Reactions: Lord Executor

Gereccan

Mar 16, 2024
Making some progress on my mascot character. I finished the retopo (not perfectly, but hey, a win's a win!) and even started crafting a skin material – still a work in progress, but it's a start.
retopofront.PNG material.PNG
Next up, I'm diving into modelling the head.

Gereccan

Mar 16, 2024
The head is officially sculpted, and I'm pretty happy with how the eyelashes turned out. Those tiny details can be a pain, but so rewarding!

However, the hair situation is giving me pause. Right now, it's made of solidified planes, but I'm thinking curves might be the way to go.

On the bright side, the skin shader is coming along nicely!
gereccan.png ezgif-3-1efba7206e.gif

Gereccan

Mar 16, 2024
Also decided to experiment with passing it through SDXL at different denoising strengths.
ezgif-4-caef0454ca-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
Personally I'm most fond of denoising 0.4
00021-3257063397.png
At the mid-high levels her smirk looks more like an evil smile, until at the highest levels she reaches peak smugness.
00027-3257063397.png 00030-3257063397.png