Models not where they appear to be

GuyFreely

May 2, 2018
So I noticed something when I tried to start applying d-formers to my model in scenes. Daz doesn't think the model is where I see it. Like the visual model isn't "centered." A simple example is a laying pose, the model is horizontal, but when applying a d-former to the hair, I had to move it to where the head would be if the model were standing. This took me a while to figure out, but then I ran into another pose where the field had to be 30 feet away from the visual model to affect the shirt. Are these just poorly made poses?

Aeilion

Jun 14, 2017
Yes it happens sometimes, me it was on clothes (I never had to use Dformer on hair)
The problem is not the pose but your hair and shirt, unless I'm wrong.

You must use the Dformer on the character in the basic position before changing the pose. (And sometimes, always ...?, The character must be at the origin. x, y, z at zero)

In the same way you could one day find a character who strangely finds himself with a black circle or a black spot in the eyes for no apparent reason. This can happen if the character is too far from the origin. The simplest thing in this case is to create the scene and to make sure that the character is the parent of all that composes the scene and then to position it at the origin. This will move the whole scene without changing anything except to rectify this little detail.
It happens when you use a large structure and you want to use a distant area for your scene.