Ren'Py - Abandoned - Molest Hunter [v0.1.2 Public] [Lust Madness]

1. 1.00 star(s)

Screwthename

I played this game some time ago, and the gameplay was a mess, didn't understood how it worked... But now it's changed ! It's way better, easy to understand, and can give a lot of complexity ! A real good mechanic ! So good it's actually completly stolen from Slay The Spire ! Your basic deck is exactly the same that the starting of of the warrior BTW ! It's okay to inspire yourself from it, since it's a really good one, but you can't just go and completly rip it off ! It's a copy at the point that the buff and debuff icons are stolen from the game (not the exictement one, of course, it replace the vulnerable debuff, but it works the same way).

And on top of that, the rest of the game is a mess... After a fun start (special mention to that render where a quarter of the screen is a blank void around the forest), you're dropped without further instructions, and you have to talk to a guy to have some info. But here is the fun part ! The instructions aren't apdated with the new combat system, and same for the rest of the game anyway. So the tutorial is useless...

The game want to be based on monster hunter series, where your skills and stats are up to your stuff. Okay, good idea ! But maybe update the stuff to have a utility with the new combat system ? The stuff give you defense stats, but it doesn't change the damage done by the enemies, same for the seduction which doesn't change anything, since the gameplay has changed too...

I know that changing the full combat system midgame requires a lot of work to adapt, but just don't release it with only half of the work done ! And since the gameplay change is only half done, you can't create new cards, or even buff the old ones, so you're stuck with the same deck forever. So it's easy to fight the first new enemies, but when you come across stronger ones, you just can't win. Yay !

As for the sex part... Well, there's one animation (sometimes only an image) if you defeat an enemy, a scene if you are defeated by him, and 4 enemies in total. And there are some events when you go to the place too, but after crossing an obvious Witcher reference, I'm stuck to have this one forever...

There might be more content later, but can't reach it, since the latest mobs can't be defeated (or else I'm dumb and I missed something). But yeah, there are a lot of outfits (theer only use for now is just different skins), and the character is rendered wearing every possibilities with them (I guess, didn't check for myself, I don't love grind enough). So yeah, that's the positive point... It must have taken a lot of time and work, and I guess it's probably what tok the longest during to do.

OKay, i'm really critical here, but the game has hope. The concept is really good and stand out, and you can fix a lot of things I think ! Just do your own gameplay and stop copying Slay The Spire. I would have been more indulgent if you mentioned it somewhere, saying that it come from here but nope, nothing... So for now here's a huge chunk of text that no one will read but still gives you a one star review !
  2. 4.00 star(s)

DragonFire

Have played this a while now, and became a patron, so time for my review:

I give it a 4 out of 5 stars, because it's different from most other Ren'Py games.

The map movements and card battle system is a nice touch and idea, renders are pretty solid too.

It lacks sound of any kind, but the dev promised this will be added in time, so am hopeful it will be sooner than later ;)

It's the type of game where you have to grind a little and use your intellect as well to build the best possible fighter, not too much though.
    It has some rpg aspects to it, which I like, and shows great promise as a game. Time will tell :)
  3. 2.00 star(s)

libertypics

Update: Dropping to 2 stars. It just takes a lot of effort for any of the reward. I prefer more Adult in the 'adult game', this is more Game with some adult, and that game isn't doing anything you can't get better elsewhere. Is it bad? Nah. Is it worth the effort to play? Maybe for some, I'm just not enjoying it anymore. Maybe if someone ever mod/console unlocks everything I'll look back but now, Effort to Reward feels weighted too much towards effort.

There are parts of it I like (the renders, the concept)
    There are parts I don't like (minigame, gold grind)
    I wish it was a little more fun to play, feels like a lot of play without reward worth the effort, but down the road as it adds more content and perhaps streamlines it's flaws (or someone writes a mod to skip the minigames/grind), it could be pretty good, overall right now it's average and could go either way.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

XcombinationX

for early gme version it shows several aspects quite nicely animations are well made.
    battles very good and has a big potential. And I havt yet seen a game on renpy where you could move the map in real time. WOW

+Nice renders
    +Animations
    +Interesting battles
    +A lots of items and clothes
    -Bugs

cant wait to see how it will develop
  5. 2.00 star(s)

Pogo123

I know its an early built but for that a really really early built. Ppl should know to not expect too much.

Pros atm are:
    - graphic/renders are solid
    - girl looks nice
    - kinda weird and funny start
    - interesting idea with chests and so on

and thats pretty much it about the pros.

Cons atm are:
    - no real story
    - no real quests
    - quests are really strange mad (maybe get rid of grinding instead of clicking through a strange implemnted rpgmaker mini game?
    - the start is again funny and new but also weird
    - inventory menagement is confusing
    - no sex (not even with her senpai guy)
    - nothing town wise to interact with

i am quite curious how this game will develop but the release version is imo far too early. the only enjoyable atm are the graphical quality and the girl nothing more...