Monitor issue with ALL Renpy games

d1gimon

Jun 21, 2018
Hey!

Can't really tell how long this has been an issue, maybe a month now.

But does anyone have any suggestion what would be the problem since when i launch a Renpy based VN, if i change it to "Fullscreen" it pops open on both monitors.

The thing is, that if my main display is left, i cant control the program from it, my mouse movements activate on the right display. If y swap my monitors, it's vice versa. Does not have this issue with windowed.

Loqic

Royal Jelly
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
I'm running a triple monitor setup here and although it works fine on the main screen, it messes up the resolution on the others.
Not sure what the solution to your exact problem is, but for me it's always running these games windowed. If it's pre MV, sometimes you can increase window size with F5, F6 or something, but if that fails I run

Edit: I should lay off the alcohol and get some sleep, Renpy!, not RPGM, I'm such a doof.
Well, still no clue sadly.

What operating system are you running? Maybe someone else has a clue.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: d1gimon

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
you will have play around with monitor settings

if you on windows right click then select display settings then look for multiple display then select extend these display and then check make this my main display

hope this helps

d1gimon

Jun 21, 2018
Finally! I was able to figure this out. Randomly stumbled on some Minecraft forum where an user had similar issue. What did the trick was new Nvidia drivers for my graphics card. Now Ren'py open on one monitor only :D