John Bon Clay

Jul 14, 2020
Yeah my money's on first week of the next month. You put the bar here ----, and it ends up somewhat lower, like here ____.

YamiAi

Sep 14, 2021
Here be ver. 0.99 of the Omnibus mod, see attached zip. Fair warning: This is a futa character.
Yes, this is a bit of a silly name for this version of the mod. But I will really just be polishing some things and adding a few smaller things before I consider it fully complete.

As usual, please refer to a previous post of mine (https://f95zone.to/threads/monster-girl-dreams-v24-3a-alpha-threshold.6491/post-8837275) for some basic information if you've never heard of this mod before. There's also a wikipage for the mod ( ).

What's new in ver 0.99?
- The 'Visiting Mao' event can now be considered complete. Just a tiny bit of polishing left.
- Finished several talk scenes
- Several new sex scenes, including cock worshipping, tail stuff, and more! Try talking with the omnibus and find out.
- Worship Mao too much and you might get a new perk...or get sent back to church.
- Miscellaneous tweaks and bug fixes to previous content.

Edit: fixed two minor bugs.

Please do report any errors you find to me. I am also open to suggestions/feedback.

What's next?
I will finish a sleep scene I'm still working on, a 'full-nelson' scene, maybe work on those loss scenes I mentioned last time... Hopefully I can consider the mod fully done after that.

Last edited:

ThresholdMGD

Game Developer
Oct 31, 2017
Well I once again fell into the 'forget to check forums' hole when focusing on update things for the last bit, and decided to check in and do some responses to the last few pages on a day off. : D

Also I hope yall like Perpetua or you're probably not gonna like the update when it hits.

Here be ver. 0.99 of the Omnibus mod, see attached zip. Fair warning: This is a futa character.
Yes, this is a bit of a silly name for this version of the mod. But I will really just be polishing some things and adding a few smaller things before I consider it fully complete.

As usual, please refer to a previous post of mine (https://f95zone.to/threads/monster-girl-dreams-v24-3a-alpha-threshold.6491/post-8837275) for some basic information if you've never heard of this mod before. There's also a wikipage for the mod ( ).

What's new in ver 0.99?
- The 'Visiting Mao' event can now be considered complete. Just a tiny bit of polishing left.
- Finished several talk scenes
- Several new sex scenes, including cock worshipping, tail stuff, and more! Try talking with the omnibus and find out.
- Worship Mao too much and you might get a new perk...or get sent back to church.
- Miscellaneous tweaks and bug fixes to previous content.

Please do report any errors you find to me. I am also open to suggestions/feedback.

What's next?
I will finish a sleep scene I'm still working on, a 'full-nelson' scene, maybe work on those loss scenes I mentioned last time... Hopefully I can consider the mod fully done after that.
I'm really happy to see you're keeping on with your mod. : D

Still no idea why discord wont let you join the server...

What's with the performance in the labyrinth? I'm able to run other more complex turn based rouge-likes such as C:DDA and Caves of Qud, but the labyrinth brings my system to a crawl. It takes several seconds to move a tile, sometimes the hell hounds jump several tiles and ambush me, and occasionally the player would move the wrong direction.
From what I've heard some people have more issues than others, and I'm not fully sure why?
Though I do know the labyrinth could def use with an amount of optimization to fix a lot, but that would also take a lot of time to dig into I think, so I'll probably be a bit before I attempt bonking that into place.

Wish the scenes were more than just text.
Some are and have CGs, but yeah overall it is still primarily a text based game.

I am getting really impatient for the update...
I hope you'll like it when it comes out. : D

Don't get excited, look at how lame the last few updates have been. Next one will probably be bug fixes, balancing, a new piece of character art and a new scene or two.
Didn't like the mimics?
And the next update is the intro to the capital. Which is mostly focuses on Perpetua.

I've just been waiting for the capital update lol, been waiting since the cavern update. Don't worry I got enough beer and beef jerky to last another two years when it still probably won't come out lol
I'm glad to hear you're looking forward to the full location, once the intro section is out with its stuff I'll be doing parts of the capital in chunks. : D

Don't worry too much about the update speed, atleast the update will be worth the wait
....right?

Surely this 3 months wait for update won't end like last update, where we also waited for 3 months(iirc) and get 1~2 hours worth of side contents
I expect people will be disappointed and yell at me. : D But I'm doing my best.

The last update was new items, ceris art nudes and bug fixes, which was about a week after 24.4 which was Ceris lewds scenes and the gold mimic stuff, which out of the three month gap I Presume you mean, one month was entirely me being lost to my family as mentioned in the public status reports. Which really wasn't any part of my plans, and I'm really kinda not happy about it when the initial plan was two weeks. Which left me sick going into october, and then that leads into fleshing out logistics things, situating editor more into the workflow, then a release at the end of november.
Still not ideal time frame of course, but 3 months of work time is definitely not accurate to that update.

Yea i don't get it, usually when you work on something, you're slower in the beginning but faster and more efficient in the later portions of the project, because you just get better at it over time! But, when it comes to these games, many devs seem to get slower and slower instead
I mean, burn out did happen a ways back, but there's an amount of quality increase for things like combat in general compared to MGD earlier on, me trying to better pace myself to not have burn out again, now having an editor to go over writing before releases so there's way less typos and jankery, and me also spending efforts to try and expand writing commission operations with mixed results.
Along with all other kinds of things that pop up in life.
Point is, I will continue to do my best. : D

Overall I'd say the biggest time sink is writing.

My thoughts tend toward a few factors for this.
First, dev keeps trying to shake up the formula. Adding zones with stranger and stranger gimmicks that the engine really can't handle all too well. Understandable, but really something that should be done in a sequel or whatever game is made next. Not in the middle of a project.
Nothing that wasn't concepted from early on tbh. Though some things like combat events or otherwise def ended up requiring more time than expected.

And as said on multiple occasions the labyrinth map mechanics were not the primary time sink for the zone.

Burnout, loss of motivation, whatever you wanna call it, it is real.
Those are separate things.
I don't think motivation loss is particularly an issue on my end? Because I still love working on MGD and really want to see it fully realized.
And burnout is a horrible thing, would not recommend. Takes ages to shake off.
Overall though there's a lot of things I've needed to sort out the prior year, I'm looking forward to making this a better one.

Now, for most endeavors of this scale, there's usually things pushing back and working to make the dev keep the pace up. Unfortunately...

The payment model for this does dev no favors when it comes to wanting to work quickly and keep delivering updates that are both frequent and substantive. This really hits development in two ways. First we got the fact that if goobers are gonna keep shoveling money in regardless of productivity, the monetary angle is gone. Second. If the game is ever completed, there's no telling the audience that's willing to fund the dev will stick around for the next project.
Yeah none of that is even remotely even part of any issues I've had.

Though I don't expect you to believe me.

I actively tell people to not support with money when it comes up, and I'm very confident that when MGD is done I can move onto another project and maintain or gain a following for it.
But money is not a = more content unfortunately, as I'm also just one guy, so if I'm sick or busy with other stuff I can't always put forward a full effort at all time.
and getting more people on the project is sadly not a simple toggle, technically having an editor now makes writing take longer as it goes through one or more passes of refinement depending. Which is much better than the raw unconstrained writing I was doing before. And the time thing also bounces back with me not needing to do nearly as much typo hunting after the fact.
Artists are also not always available so sometimes what I want to get isn't possible for an extensive time.
Game development is more complex than what you're giving it credit for.

At this point I am just waiting for the update. The city seems pretty interesting, even though it clashes with the game's setting, so hoping for a cool gimmick for it as well. The new girls seemed kinda "generic" if that makes sense, just stuff we already saw, even though there are still a TON of monster girls this game can explore.
So yea, hoping the devs will add a lot of stuff for the City once this update hits.
It has been foreshadowed since at least the campers initially came out. : D

I mean, I kinda get what you mean, the voltlin teased is the generic variant of one, and there's a number of obviously succubi in silhouettes, and that's not really everyone's thing either.

It would appear another delay for the update is in order. To no one's surprise.
Love you too bby.

More precisely tho, I in fact, misjudged the time it would take to make the fight.
Hit with skill response lines and stance struggle lines are a binch of a time sink.
But it's getting there. : D

xRoguex

Aug 2, 2021
Well I once again fell into the 'forget to check forums' hole when focusing on update things for the last bit, and decided to check in and do some responses to the last few pages on a day off. : D

Also I hope yall like Perpetua or you're probably not gonna like the update when it hits.

From what I've heard some people have more issues than others, and I'm not fully sure why?
Though I do know the labyrinth could def use with an amount of optimization to fix a lot, but that would also take a lot of time to dig into I think, so I'll probably be a bit before I attempt bonking that into place.

Some are and have CGs, but yeah overall it is still primarily a text based game.

Didn't like the mimics?
And the next update is the intro to the capital. Which is mostly focuses on Perpetua.

I'm glad to hear you're looking forward to the full location, once the intro section is out with its stuff I'll be doing parts of the capital in chunks. : D

The last update was new items, ceris art nudes and bug fixes, which was about a week after 24.4 which was Ceris lewds scenes and the gold mimic stuff, which out of the three month gap I Presume you mean, one month was entirely me being lost to my family as mentioned in the public status reports. Which really wasn't any part of my plans, and I'm really kinda not happy about it when the initial plan was two weeks. Which left me sick going into october, and then that leads into fleshing out logistics things, situating editor more into the workflow, then a release at the end of november.
Still not ideal time frame of course, but 3 months of work time is definitely not accurate to that update.

I mean, burn out did happen a ways back, but there's an amount of quality increase for things like combat in general compared to MGD earlier on, me trying to better pace myself to not have burn out again, now having an editor to go over writing before releases so there's way less typos and jankery, and me also spending efforts to try and expand writing commission operations with mixed results.

Nothing that wasn't concepted from early on tbh. Though some things like combat events or otherwise def ended up requiring more time than expected.

And as said on multiple occasions the labyrinth map mechanics were not the primary time sink for the zone.

I don't think motivation loss is particularly an issue on my end? Because I still love working on MGD and really want to see it fully realized.
Overall though there's a lot of things I've needed to sort out the prior year, I'm looking forward to making this a better one.

I actively tell people to not support with money when it comes up, and I'm very confident that when MGD is done I can move onto another project and maintain or gain a following for it.
But money is not a = more content unfortunately, as I'm also just one guy, so if I'm sick or busy with other stuff I can't always put forward a full effort at all time.
and getting more people on the project is sadly not a simple toggle, technically having an editor now makes writing take longer as it goes through one or more passes of refinement depending. Which is much better than the raw unconstrained writing I was doing before. And the time thing also bounces back with me not needing to do nearly as much typo hunting after the fact.
Artists are also not always available so sometimes what I want to get isn't possible for an extensive time.

I mean, I kinda get what you mean, the voltlin teased is the generic variant of one, and there's a number of obviously succubi in silhouettes, and that's not really everyone's thing either.

Love you too bby.

More precisely tho, I in fact, misjudged the time it would take to make the fight.
Hit with skill response lines and stance struggle lines are a binch of a time sink.
Don't worry too much about complains about delays of the game updates release here since most of people here think they have the right to do it even when they are playing it for free without supporting the devs.
So keep doing your work at your pace, we will wait (with a good amount of hype) your updates.
Stay safe and thank you for your reply here. ;)

elements55555

Oct 30, 2018

Hey thanks for taking the time to read and properly answer us! The increase in quality i've definitely noticed btw! Just think of us like a pack of hungry wolves when it comes to updates... or maybe it's just me? :LOL:

Last edited:

HumanRug

Nov 11, 2020
Also I hope y'all like Perpetua or you're probably not gonna like the update when it hits.
Oh... Right. Not saying I don't like her, she's just too neutral for me to like or dislike (which is basically why I treat her as a harmless friend in all dialogues). But there ARE monster girls I dislike, I won't elaborate to avoid blowing up the thread.

BKvartS

Sep 16, 2020

Didn't like the mimics?

Love you too bby.

Good to hear from you at last. I am still waiting for the update. Just hope it will not be small, since it's been a long time. And Perpetua is hilarious. It's always good to see her. As for CG's for the sex scenes - I have nothing against you, but I don't really want them in your game. You see, without them it's easier to assosiate myself with the MC. That is kinda the thing in MGD - to fully intergrate with the character.

4.60 star(s) 80 Votes