Unreal Engine - Monster Girl Ranger [v2024.08.12] [Sir Spiderbro]

1. 4.00 star(s)

bearattaq

This game really stood out to me, a nice smaller open world that leaves great oppertunity for exploration and small secrets here and there. A story mabe a bit cliche but for me it felt like it left room for thought and wonder. Currently the game is just a small demo of around 10 minutes but i have high hopes for this game!
  2. 3.00 star(s)

lewdwe

The game (v2024.04.24 at time of writing) is very much a proof of concept right now and not really a "demo." You have about 10 minutes of gameplay and a single H scene which is currently only half-done. The island itself looks great but very taxing on the system which cant be said for the model quality of the only character in the game right now (Sakura). Her model is pretty generic mostly being held back by not using cel-shading despite having a very anime-like appearance. Sakura is the only character in the game right now who is a "wolf girl" being a human with wolf ears and tail so its pretty light on monster girls if you were looking for that. We actually have nothing to go off of for other characters to see if they're actual monster girls or just girls with animal ears/tail. Then there's also the dialog system and UI which could use a lot of work. Check back on this game in a few years to see how far it goes. It has some potential, but not enough to make me confident in supporting it.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

Sypher

Okay, I tried playing this game for an hour. It did seem to tax my system quite a bit at first starting up. But once it started running it was fine.

The first thing I noticed was that the game looks beautiful. On the highest settings, there are gorgeous views throughout the game world.

The first NPC you meet seems just a bit bland. Compared tot he rest of the world, her model looks a little unpolished against the background of the environment. I sprinted and hopped around the island noting a few points of interest. Then I met Sakura at this stand, and after a few dialogue options, the game locked me into a conversation with her, with no option to continue or leave the conversation.

So I restarted the game again and my first gripe is this. I couldn't find anyway to save the game.

The dialogue seems to move fairly slow, but I can attribute that opinion to my vast library of Renpy games where dialogue is instantly skippable and you can read at your own pace.

The game in it's current states (With an hour of playtime) still seems a little barebones. Sakura told me of a few NPC's on the island, but when I went to go find them, I found nothing. But this could be due to that content not being in the game, or locked behind some sort of progress/quest that I couldn't find.

An open-world game like this seems very ambitious. So far, it's beautiful to look at, but it feels a bit clunky to play. I feel like some active direction to navigate the environment would be appreciated. Maybe a journal of some sort to monitor quest progress.

Even though I encountered a bug, and have a few issues with the game, I'm giving it 3 stars, because it's impressive in it's current state. But it could be better, and I'm assuming it will get better in time. Keep up the good work!
  4. 2.00 star(s)

OurManBim

For now the games heavily oversells what it claims in description, the freedom it talks about does not exist, you do one quest where you bring 5 items to the girl and then you get a "date" that is basically a single scene on the roof with 3 positions, you can't really change camera, you can speed up/slown down animation but that's about it for interactivity and you can manual finish the scene but you don't even get a proper view of the cumshot, graphics are I'd say below average and girls model is low poly, game claims 30-50 minutes of gameplay but it's more like 10 minutes.
    Also the font it uses is hard to read and has no background so on bright stuff you can't see the text.
    Maybe if the game gets some relationship system going, more girls and makes the scenes more interactive it might be worth 3-3.5 stars rating but the current version doesn't offer much and doesn't look like it's gonna be a very interesting game in the long run.