Unreal Engine Monster Girl Ranger [v2024.08.12] [Sir Spiderbro]

3.00 star(s) 4 Votes

lewdwe

Nov 6, 2023
WHY DOES THIS GAME USE RAY TRACING

bumping it down to medium literally adds like 100 frames to overall fps
Was wondering why High settings was so demanding. On Ultra I get like 12... on High depending on where I look i get anywhere from 40 to 65 FPS. Going down to Medium shoots me up into the 120-140 range. Would very much like to see actual graphics options in the future rather than presets

Sir Spiderbro

Jan 7, 2023
Was wondering why High settings was so demanding. On Ultra I get like 12... on High depending on where I look i get anywhere from 40 to 65 FPS. Going down to Medium shoots me up into the 120-140 range. Would very much like to see actual graphics options in the future rather than presets
There is a new version on with a more detailled menu and some new features.

Otaku111

Dec 20, 2021
I wnated to give my 2 cents about the performance of the game, but haven't noticed there is an newer version available on the . I give it an other shot with [v2024.08.12](?) but not removing the older results, so those with weaker hardware can compare if the performance improvement is enough for them to give it an other try.
(i hope Sir Spiderbro is getting some info out of that as well if needed.)

Hardware used: 1080ti with an Ryzen 7 3700X.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And here are my [v2024.08.12] results.

At 1080p:

( V-Sync was always on )FPSCPU, UsageGPU, UsageV-Ram, Usage
Preset Medium60~ 27%~ 70%~3.8GB
Preset High33~ 22%99%~4.2GB
Preset Ultra25~ 20%99%~4.9GB
Preset Cinematic11~ 15%100%~6.2GB

Important to note imo, now it's possible to change all settings individually and resolution scale is also separate.
for example on the old version resolution scale (at preset high) was 87%, now it was at 100% with the same frame rate.
(BUT there is a little bug for me: Visually the resolution-scale slider defaults every time to max re-entering the settings menu again, but the custom value is still being correctly used)

And because I've already gone that far, im now including a Table with the performance impact of each setting so you don't have to and it fit's in to this comment. ^^' (tho could be slightly different for your pc and im only going to note the changes in main menu wich also variates from being in game)

Last edited:
Reactions: ejmuerte

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
MonsterGirlRanger-2024.08.12
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Sir Spiderbro

Jan 7, 2023
I wnated to give my 2 cents about the performance of the game, but haven't noticed there is an newer version available on the . I give it an other shot with [v2024.08.12](?) but not removing the older results, so those with weaker hardware can compare if the performance improvement is enough for them to give it an other try.
(i hope Sir Spiderbro is getting some info out of that as well if needed.)

Hardware used: 1080ti with an Ryzen 7 3700X.

And here are my [v2024.08.12] results.

At 1080p:

( V-Sync was always on )FPSCPU, UsageGPU, UsageV-Ram, Usage
Preset Medium60~ 27%~ 70%~3.8GB
Preset High33~ 22%99%~4.2GB
Preset Ultra25~ 20%99%~4.9GB
Preset Cinematic11~ 15%100%~6.2GB

Important to note imo, now it's possible to change all settings individually and resolution scale is also separate.
for example on the old version resolution scale (at preset high) was 87%, now it was at 100% with the same frame rate.
(BUT there is a little bug for me: Visually the resolution-scale slider defaults every time to max re-entering the settings menu again, but the custom value is still being correctly used)

And because I've already gone that far, im now including a Table with the performance impact of each setting so you don't have to and it fit's in to this comment. ^^' (tho could be slightly different for your pc and im only going to note the changes in main menu wich also variates from being in game)

Wow this is really nice, I wasn't aware of the exact amounts and ratios, it's really great you did the work. I will add you to the credits section. Would you mind posting this in the discord as well?

Sir Spiderbro

Jan 7, 2023
Is there going to be breeding involved down the line? just curious
I was thinking about impregnation and breeding, but I am not able to find a solution to the results of that, as it would concern two incompatible topics to the game eg. children and as a result maybe inbreeding etc. . If you have a good idea what I could do about that I am open for suggestions.

fomi

Sep 8, 2019
What engine does your game use? It seems to be VERY Linux unfriendly. I use Linux > Mint > Proton and it likes to crash my whole operating system. A few hours ago I tried the latest version on here and shortly after exiting the house in the beginning, said crash happened. I just tried again a few minutes before this post and it did the same just trying to launch the game. I want to further clarify that this is not just a game crash. It crashes my whole operating system.

Does the engine allow for a Linux port? Often engines have an option for this when exporting or something akin to it.

Otaku111

Dec 20, 2021
What engine does your game use? (...)

Wow this is really nice, I wasn't aware of the exact amounts and ratios, it's really great you did the work. I will add you to the credits section. Would you mind posting this in the discord as well?
I appreciate it, but there is no need to add me to the credits but if you want to sure ^^.
Imo I haven't done anything special and on top of that I've chosen the relatively quick and dirty way to look for the performance impacts.
(just done it to give a general idea. I mean in active development one update can change everything.)

Uhhm, sure I can repost it on discord.

Sir Spiderbro

Jan 7, 2023
What engine does your game use? It seems to be VERY Linux unfriendly. I use Linux > Mint > Proton and it likes to crash my whole operating system. A few hours ago I tried the latest version on here and shortly after exiting the house in the beginning, said crash happened. I just tried again a few minutes before this post and it did the same just trying to launch the game. I want to further clarify that this is not just a game crash. It crashes my whole operating system.

Does the engine allow for a Linux port? Often engines have an option for this when exporting or something akin to it.
The game is using unreal engine 5.3 as stated by otaku111 with windows export settings. I am trying to make things happen for Mac and Linux but they are not core features right now. I have to experiment with the export settings a little to get it going, but I have no means to test them right now.

Sir Spiderbro

Jan 7, 2023

I appreciate it, but there is no need to add me to the credits but if you want to sure ^^.
Imo I haven't done anything special and on top of that I've chosen the relatively quick and dirty way to look for the performance impacts.
(just done it to give a general idea. I mean in active development one update can change everything.)

Uhhm, sure I can repost it on discord.
I very much like the effort you put in for a game I've made, it's just really nice to see people are this interested.

justsomedude007

Apr 5, 2020

Version v2024.06.24 works fine on Ubuntu with Lutris and Wine-GE 8.26.

EarthTramp

May 12, 2020
Just come across this game and atm (and I might be missing something) this feels like a walking simulator with an npc that just congratulates you on finding landmarks? also I see to have a quest active to meet the girl down at the beach at dawn but as far as I can tell time does not progress and she is unmoving at the "lab" area (or gardening plot)

3.00 star(s) 4 Votes