Morph problem

Antiochus

Jun 21, 2017
Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this new problem I'm having. All of my G8M characters a loading with huge morphs. When I go in to currently used parameters there are several set at 100%; Body and Head - Alexander, Alistair, Andre, Bain, Christian 8, Darius 8, and James. Setting these to Zero returns the figure to normal. Saving as, SaveAs -> Support Asset -> Morph Assets and selecting the Figure name appears to save - something? Exiting Daz and the restarting loading the Figure and We're back to square one.

Bulky Boy.PNG

I do not have the Massive morphs product loaded. I removed all the morphs for the listed characters, I removed the listed characters from the People -> Characters folders as well. Most of my Library is manually installed.

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
I think you should do that with the base figure. Open Genesis 8 Male Figure (the base), and I guess those morphs will also apply to it; modify them to zero as you have done with your character and save it (Save As > Support Asset); if it asks if you want to overwrite it, do it.

NOTE: Something similar happened to me some time ago and I don't remember if the steps I followed were exactly those, but I think the solution is in correcting the base figure.

Reactions: scalvi

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
Go to edit - preferences - startup and see if it's hooked itself in there somehow

Antiochus

Jun 21, 2017
Nothing extra in startup. Bloody Daz! It's a pain having to remove these morphs every time I need to work with a G8M. Seems to have hooked itself in deeply. Nothing notable in log file.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Hmm weird.

How about this :

- Install Daz3d manager tool.
- Go to morph manager/deactivate tab, tick genesis 8 box, click import.
- At the bottom left, search for Alexander, Alistair, Andre, etc... And desactivate them.
- Start Daz and load generic gen8 male, you should have errors for missing moprhs (ignore).
- Once loaded, Save as > Support asset > Figure prop.
- Restart Daz and reload generic gen8 male, see if it goes well (without errors this time).
- If it's good, reactivate the morphs with Daz manager tool under morph manager/activate tab.

Not sure if related but if my memory is right, first version of Alistair came out with a bug that made him dial his moprhs onto all G8M characters.

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
When you say that you set the value to zero, do you edit it with the gear icon of the parameters? or do you just set it to zero?
You have to do it the first way.

Here is a reference image:
daz-studio-morphs-gear-icon-steps-434.png
580d5c7a763a3583274e67c94c1f92.jpg

Set "Default" values to 0%
Save the morph

Reactions: scalvi

Antiochus

Jun 21, 2017
Sorry guys, real life got in the way. Will try the gear change. Then check out the manager tool. I suspected it is the Alistair figure. Will report back.

Antiochus

Jun 21, 2017
mgomez0077 tried your method. It didn't take. Used the base G8M figure. Saved as Save as > Support asset > Figure prop and Save as > Support asset > Morph Asset. You didn't specify which to use.

Apologies for missing your point about the parameter setting - gear. Looked at the item, but brain didn't register.

Aug 30, 2019
I had this problem with G8F. It was loading some morphs by default because the vendor set them as non-zero defaults. Load G8M. Zero the figure and find the morphs under 'Currently Used'. Then, click the cogwheel, go to Parameter settings and you'll see a field called 'Default'. Set that to 0%, then accept. Then go File > Save As > Support Assets > Modified Assets. That fixed it for me.

Antiochus

Jun 21, 2017
no_name, your technique did not work either. Will try the updated Alistair. Crosses fingers. I am going to try your again. The tool is interesting but the documentation is sparse. and I may have missed a step.

Antiochus

Jun 21, 2017
no_name, on a second try your technique did work. Thanks for all the help. Now have a solution when there isn't an updated figure available.

Everyone else, thanks for your input.