Morphing tools for Daz3d

Raknor

May 12, 2019
Does anybody know if adding in morphing tools for face and body from multiple packages will be fine or will it cause problems with the program?

Brazzoth

Nov 2, 2018
You can use but if you want to create a fully editable morph, you have to use ZBrush and you need to know how to brush, there's a bridge between DAZ Studio and ZBrush.

Raknor

May 12, 2019
No, I don't really mean making my character like Mr. Hyde or the Abomination. What I meant was, can I have say, have EJ Easy Face Generator For Genesis 8 Female(s) ( ) and Face Morph Kit for Genesis 8 Female ( ) among others and use all the morphs without Daz crashing or giving me issues with my generation?

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
In general, there's no problem with having several utilities installed for morphs, but sometimes there are some that do cause problems. In this case, when you load your character you will get a message telling you that DAZ has found duplicate formulas, and you will have to examine the LOG file to know which one it refers to and delete that directory (it is not complicated, but the first time it can be, lol).

There is also no problem with that notice, you can work with the characters and render without problem, but if you use tools to render several images one after the other, then it's a problem, because when that message appears will stand there without advancing until you say OK, and that with each image with characters that have that problem.

My advice, install whatever you need, and if by bad luck you have that problem, here we are to help ;)

Brazzoth

Nov 2, 2018
Yes, sorry I just read the title, my bad.
No there's no crash, at least not for me, I have RareStone, EJ and 200 Plus and maybe one more; Installed and the only problem is if you're tweaking them all for the same part, it can just look horrible and hard to reset (fortunately there is reset preset for almost all the part).
Good luck :)