• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ren'Py Mouse clicking problems in Ren'Py games

Anjomi

Sep 13, 2018
I have an old Windows 7 PC, and in a lot of RenPy games, I can't interact with the game via the mouse. This happens whether its in a Window or Fullscreen

For example, in Milfy City, I can't use the mouse on the map screen, or in any of the scenes where you need to click on objects. However, when I'm in the menu screen, I can click on the options, e.g. Save, and everything works fine.

However, on other games, such as WaterWorld, the interface works fine on every screen.

Any ideas what this could be, and how to solve it? I've tried updating drivers.

Last edited:
Reactions: nedrane

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
When ren'py is open press SHIFT + G and select one of the options (by the order bellow). Once you've chosen one quit the game and open it again. If one doesn't solve it, try the next.
  1. OpenGL 2.0 or greater.
  2. DirectX 9, provided that all libraries are available.
  3. OpenGL 1.x.
  4. Software.

Reactions: nedrane

ncatalin

Aug 16, 2017
Same issue here. Using an 10 years old PC with Win7 and Radeon X1650 graphics card. While choosing software renderer resolves this problem, the game performance drops drasticaly.

One interresting fact, though: while I use ANGLE/DirectX renderer (same library versions) with both My Cute Roommate v1.1 and v1.4, only v1.4 has this issue. But My Cure Roommate v1.1 uses Renpy 6.99 and My Cute Roommate v1.4 uses Renpy 7.2.

YasiNNeO

Jul 26, 2018
Hey guys. Stared the game but. I cant interact with girls. I cant communicate with them. Just girl photos. No selection or sign to speak with them Help please :(

The_High_Tower

Dec 23, 2017
When ren'py is open press SHIFT + G and select one of the options (by the order bellow). Once you've chosen one quit the game and open it again. If one doesn't solve it, try the next.
  1. OpenGL 2.0 or greater.
  2. DirectX 9, provided that all libraries are available.
  3. OpenGL 1.x.
  4. Software.
You, my good sir, are god send! <3