Moving games to new harddrive

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
May be a stupid question but i downloaded all my games into my internal drive but moved them over to external drive and so far all the games work great and all my saves work now what about patches and mods can i move them into a folder then into the external drive and have everything still work?

Or can i just delete them after i put them mods and patches in the game?

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
every renpy RPGM VN game don't require an installation (only the software installation for RPGM for exemple)

So if you move the game it will work.
If you keep the mod/patch in a different folder or already applied the mod/patch to the game and move it. It will work
If you already modified the game. of courseyou can delete the mod/patch

tbh I suggest you try with one and test it to see if it works.

Reactions: Catwashere

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
Ok so question is a bit all over the place.

Let's say you have game A. Game A has a folder. You apply a patch inside the folder of Game A and move Game A and it's folder to your external hdd. You are asking if your external HDD will still have the patch? If so yes.

Now if we are talking about an installed game (requires a setup) that wouldn't work... and as a matter of fact I have no idea how you'd be able to copy it to an external HDD so... I guess the answer to your question is yes 99% of the times you just have to move your game folder :)

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
Okay my stuff should all work than since i did install my patches and mods before moving the games and deleting the mods and software and my games still seem to be working they start up and have the saves also.