moving girls from honey select to daz?

jc577

Dec 17, 2018
My friends and I are working on a VN and started using honey select as a base, but we soon came a starter girls and want to edit them more using daz or other programs. Should we start over on daz or is there a way to move honey select models to daz?

U

User_920791

It is perfectly possible to export 3d models of games made with Unity, but there is no easy way to transfer characters from HS to DAZ. I think it will be necessary to re-create the characters manually.

Reactions: allintine and jc577
Jun 29, 2018
I haven't used HS but I'm not aware of any real way to edit 3rd party characters in DAZ. Daz does offer a .obj file import and I use that a lot for things like furniture but I don't think you would be able to use all of the DAZ tools for posing in the same way.

I think if you move to DAZ to render you are going to end up with rather different looking characters anyway so building a new character and making them as close as possible to your previous ones should work very well but I don't think you would ever get a perfect match.

Reactions: jc577

jc577

Dec 17, 2018
I haven't used HS but I'm not aware of any real way to edit 3rd party characters in DAZ. Daz does offer a .obj file import and I use that a lot for things like furniture but I don't think you would be able to use all of the DAZ tools for posing in the same way.

I think if you move to DAZ to render you are going to end up with rather different looking characters anyway so building a new character and making them as close as possible to your previous ones should work very well but I don't think you would ever get a perfect match.
what do you recommend?

Jun 29, 2018
It's not very hard to create new characters in DAZ once you get some of the basics down. I usually first decide what I want the character to look like (cute, short, curvy, and redhead?) or maybe I'll know an actress that I like the look of.

Then I'll pick a Daz Character that gets me close to what I want. I'm not sure how familiar you are with the DAZ models yet but you have the figure type such as Genesis 3 or Genesis 8... Then there are characters you can use based on those figure types. These character usually have a Name such as "Emmanuelle for Genesis 8 Female"

This is the character I used to create the girl in my avatar image. As you can see they are similar but not identical. I then went to the Parameters tab for the character and started adjusting her body and face so she fit closer to what I wanted.

There are tons of characters available for purchase at sites like Daz3d or Renderosity - as well as other sources that are more on the "free" side.

You don't have to customize them of course but once you get comfortable doing that it's too tempting not to try to improve them. ;) What I find to more of a problem is locating a hair product I'm happy with. Ideally it would not only look good but offer a number of morphs so you can adjust it for different shots, such as having the wind blow it or if they are bending over having it fall correctly.

If you are doing an adult game you most likely will want to use 3rd party genitals which looks great and give you a lot of control. I've been using, and very happy with Golden Palace (female) and Dicktator (male) which are available at Renerotica.com. This site will have a ton of your adult themed things such as poses, body parts, 'squirting fluids', and sex toys.

I hope that helps out some. Once you play around creating a few characters it becomes easier and faster.

awan17

May 4, 2017
It's not very hard to create new characters in DAZ once you get some of the basics down. I usually first decide what I want the character to look like (cute, short, curvy, and redhead?) or maybe I'll know an actress that I like the look of.

Then I'll pick a Daz Character that gets me close to what I want. I'm not sure how familiar you are with the DAZ models yet but you have the figure type such as Genesis 3 or Genesis 8... Then there are characters you can use based on those figure types. These character usually have a Name such as "Emmanuelle for Genesis 8 Female"

This is the character I used to create the girl in my avatar image. As you can see they are similar but not identical. I then went to the Parameters tab for the character and started adjusting her body and face so she fit closer to what I wanted.

There are tons of characters available for purchase at sites like Daz3d or Renderosity - as well as other sources that are more on the "free" side.

You don't have to customize them of course but once you get comfortable doing that it's too tempting not to try to improve them. ;) What I find to more of a problem is locating a hair product I'm happy with. Ideally it would not only look good but offer a number of morphs so you can adjust it for different shots, such as having the wind blow it or if they are bending over having it fall correctly.

If you are doing an adult game you most likely will want to use 3rd party genitals which looks great and give you a lot of control. I've been using, and very happy with Golden Palace (female) and Dicktator (male) which are available at Renerotica.com. This site will have a ton of your adult themed things such as poses, body parts, 'squirting fluids', and sex toys.

I hope that helps out some. Once you play around creating a few characters it becomes easier and faster.
I like to try. But my spec com not good

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Should we start over on daz or is there a way to move honey select models to daz?
Whatever if it's possible or not. If you do it, be prepared because you'll probably see Illusion going hard on your back. While they don't care if you use their game to illustrate your own game, partly because they see it as free ads. But directly using the assets is something totally different, and they surely see is as stealing.

Reactions: Vanderer