VN - Ren'Py - Murmur [v0.6.1 Remake Hotfix] [Devil's Dad]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Zack keneth

As it may have been one of the most master piece creation out there nonetheless it's #1Rank on my list
    Hi Just another one of those Wandering Crusader that stumbled upon this masterpiece

I had finished the 0.5v of the game and Holy Jesus I've never ever been in my life had I craved something so hard before This.. This is a masterpiece Beyond comprehension And Jesus my most favorite character in this game is Helen and Kate Mostly

I had aswell checked the patreon page And Sought through the Development Stat And Seeing it Literally shakes Me from excitement I can't wait for more Action Between Helen and Kate
  2. 4.00 star(s)

jose100

Spoilers free:

It has a lot of great aspects, first one I LOVE the facial expressions in the game, from the exagerated ones that Sophie makes, to the ones that every girl does when they are ashamed/turned on.

Second positive point, the story of the game it's a good mix between wholesome sometimes and lewd when it has to be. Not the most touching game nor the most brilliant plot or writing, however all of them are solid good, which not every game of this genre accomplish, as some of them lack of being good/better than average in one of those aspects, yet this one doesn't do so.

Third point, the game mixes various kinks, it's a nice detail when there are different characters, not having all of them except a few with identical scenes starring your average ahegao faces+I'm cumming omg omg omg.

Four point, lewd scenes are good and with good camera angles.

I don't think this game is a solid 5 stars game for this reasons: While Helen and the Shinigami are pretty originals in their personalities, the other ones are not that special, nothing wrong but they are not the most original characters. Renders should improve, they are average good, could be better.
    Sometimes you get bored from the long ass internal monologues that the mc has, a lot of games fail in this aspect, one thing is to think, the other one is having to read every thought of the character.

But that being said I rarely think a harem game is even worth of 4.5 stars and this one does it and has originality, I strongly recommend it if you are thinking about playing it. And I think by the time it's done it will be even better.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

MeaninglessMemories

Murmur is one of my more favored Harem games. It's also on the slower burn of adult VNs. There are lewd scenes, but not many compared to the writing.

It's a somewhat silly but wholesome harem games where some of the girls are facing real personal issues. The shift in tone isn't crazy and gradually makes it way in and out of various emotions.

The writing keeps up with what it's trying to do, and as such, is definitely pleasant to read. The characters are great and definitely make the game engaging.

The presentation is distinctive and well polished. Devil's Dad definitely made MurMur it's own thing. Devil's Doll is a little cutie too.

The animations are top notch, and the different camera angle choices is a nice touch.

I'm curious as to how the love/corruption system actually plays out overtime.

Though, I honestly just want to seem all the girls happy.

Best of luck to Devil's Dad!
  4. 5.00 star(s)

AbaddonR

Very entertaining so far. Corruption and incest subjects nicely done and the animations/scenes are worth it. Story wise I would give it a 4/5 as some aspects are very expected so far, at least the way it develops, excluding the main plot of how and why the MC is in that situation.

Hope this gets updated soon seeing that it hasn't been in a while. 5/5 for sure :)
  5. 5.00 star(s)

wootdeleon69

Ah man, here we go with another good wholesome harem game.

Mur Mur has been quite a pleasant experience so far, and I love all the girls in it. Each fit their own categories, so you'll probably like at least one of them.

The writing as been engaging so far. It seems .5 is right before the the beginning of something very exciting.

Devil's Doll is quite cute too.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Snowycraq

Well written story that keeps you interested. It's a bit of a slow burn but that makes it all the better in my opinion.

Just wish there was more content, not because there is a lack of it but because I want more.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 178001

Phenomenal story driven game that has an interesting plot with fun characters. Art wise, the animation is good and the designs of the cast are all unique and fun. Great experience so far and cannot wait to play more :)
  8. 3.00 star(s)

moogasm

This game is... strange. From the opening menu graphics and heartfelt music in the scenes, you would think this is a lighthearted, sincere, feel-good story.

However, story is terrible. First of all, the MC is such a creepy and perverted loser that it makes it hard to immerse yourself from his POV. It's conflicting to read some of the inner monologues where the MC seems to have a sense of morality, yet continues to act in a creepy and perverted way.

Then as you meet the other girls in the story, they all seem to act strangely with weird behavior/social problems... Despite this, the girls are sincere and likeable and all have unique personalities.

Lewd scenes happen with little to no buildup, making them feel cheap. MC meets school teacher on the first day, and somehow is giving her a topless massage by day 2? Come on.

This is because of one of the major issues with the story: that the girls start off already liking the MC, despite him having no redeeming qualities. The writing seems to want you to empathize with and pity the MC, but gives no reason to do so. Of course, he also has superpowers to manipulate the girls. Really wasted potential here for character development of the MC. It's like starting a video game with maxed stats and the best gear. This story could have been better if the MC used his new chance in life to redeem himself, which then leads him to win over the girls he meets.

If you can get over the unlikeable MC and not take the story seriously, you might really enjoy the game. The renders are beautifully executed. As others have said in previous reviews, subtle changes in character positions, eye contact, and expressions that correspond with dialogue changes are very well-done. I think the visual production is the strongest point of this game.

I really wanted to like this game, but unfortunately it's just not for me.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

theassassine

The sex scenes are slow but it makes up for it with the story. I was more invested in the story than to quickly get to the next scene. I'm looking forward to the next update.

P.S - please add a gallery, then we can find out if there any scenes we missed.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

bagmenot

Thank's for the game, it's really nicely writen.
    Sex is a little slow compared to other game, but is realistic.
    A gallery would be a nice addition, fan gallery mod only updated for version 0.4.
    Can't wait for next update, thank you for your hard work !
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Buryat Supremacy

As of version 0.5, I can't really find anything bad to say about this VN. Girls are cute, models and general environment is pleasant to look at. Characters aren't nailed to an invisible wall, camera is moving around. They don't stare at you like souless dolls with one facial expression, but showing wide range of emotions, sometimes in one dialog. Characters have engaging personalities and conflict, story is serious enough, but with a right amount of silliness to make it entertaining. MC can make his goal to bild a harem, so if you came for this tag, you won't be disappointed. This is a high quality project and I'm going to follow it with great interest.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Cleopatra

the models and animations in this game are AMAZING, it sets the bar way higher than most VNs on this site.

lots of choices, seems like there will be many different scenes and endings depending on how you play, which is great.

oh and shinigami is perfection.. sophie as well.. and the others.. so good..
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Hrothgar

Version 0.5b Patch applied with walkthrough mod

Drop dead gorgeous models, superb renders, excellent animation: this is a top tier visual package. The developer has paired it with a soundtrack that doesn’t suck, and actually adds to the experience (it got me to wear my headphones and listen which doesn’t often happen). Standard Renpy UI works well with extra save pages and rollback. There are multiple decision points for choosing between love and “corruption” points so the extra save slots will come in handy. No bugs on my playthrough.

Our protagonist is not a douche. He does a noble act and is allowed to escape fate by a Shinigami (Ami), who offers a deal to him: romance a group of girls and their teacher and create a harem or die. As the plot unfolds we discover that Ami is also romanceable as is a later addition to the roster. In order to accomplish his task our MC needs to resolve underlying problems for each of the LI’s and discover their particular kinks.

This is a no grind game. The MC interacts with the LI’s through conversation, dating and sexual activity. It's a slow burn VN, as of version 0.5b most of the action has been oral or manual (although Ami has had penetrative sex with the MC). Pay attention during dialogue, not only does the developer reveal the girls’ characters, the renders for each conversation are marvelous at showing the girls’ changing emotional state.

The developer is doing the harem route before any individual routes so if you really insist on monogamy, you’re going to have to wait a while or stroke out with a bad end. As a polyamorous pagan this suits me just fine, but a mandatory harem may not be for everyone. In the same light, the story looks to be created with the expectation that the incest patch is canon. If the idea of fictional incest with two hot redheads rustles your jimmies, you may want to consider that the real mc is simply occupying the body of the son/brother so there is a question as to whether it really is incest or not. If it still offends you, look somewhere else.

Just a final word on the love and “corruption” points in the game. Love points are just as you might expect, but “corruption” seems a little too extreme for what these points actually appear to do. I’d consider them to be more “lewdness” or sexual “openness” points as that seems to be their function. But as a pagan (all acts of love and pleasure are Her rituals), I actually have difficulty with the concept of corruption, so my judgement may be flawed. You do need both points to be successful in the game so in my playthrough I’m trying to keep a two to one ration of love/corruption to see how that works out.

Summary: Great game, particularly for those who appreciate a real harem story (with some incestual spice).
  14. 5.00 star(s)

LeFapman

Second time playing here. Story is great! Wonderful characters with their own personality. Crazy beautiful renders and the style is something I enjoy a lot. HS characters, I missed them. This game has facial expressions full of life and each scene has a meaning. It is intriguing and I just want to keep playing more and more. I loved the romance path, it felt great. The MC is just like me, it reacts just like I would. Crazy! This game felt like I was really the MC,
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    was an unique experience.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Theguy1234

This game is great so far:
    It has a unique mixed up isekai-ish and classic harem story plot.
    Offers a simple yet effective stats growth.
    Beautiful~~~~ character designs.
    Sexy girls to cover up various tastes from the audience.
    A direct linear story, which it's still unclear what consequences your actions has to offer.
    Giving it patience to further updates, the game will suffice handsomely, theres still so much we haven't seen and it doesn't feel overwhelmed, and the wait its all worth the trouble. It is one of those games that piques peoples interests and knows how to keep them enterntained, making you wish you want to see it all the way through the ending and beyond.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

asdcvb

Thought I had already reviewed this, but guess not.
    This game belongs in top 5 for sure.

If the game keeps up it's quality to a completed state it will probably make top 3 for me. The graphics are amazing, obviously not for everyone, but I'm personally a fan of the honey select like style, especially when used as well as this.

H scenes are animated, and allow switching between several camera angles.

However, what really makes the game shine is the writing. All the datable characters are insanely loveable. For a game with a character like Sophie that must be protected at all cost, and is honestly just the perfect character, to have 5+ other characters that are equally loveable is unheard of and ridiculous.

Furthermore, it's a wholesome harem game where everyone in the harem are friends and support eachother, even if some of them act like rivals on the surface.

Best of all it's a harem game where they actually talk about that fact, and don't just brush it under the rug, making the wholesomeness of the love harem even more amazing and loveable.

With most H games I am terrified when they get an update, because so often they reduce in quality, or do something I really dislike story-wise that turns me off from the game. I feel the same way with Murmur, but everytime I download a new chapter it suprises me by being even better than the last. I hope this trend continues, and have faith it will.

Only slight negative I have comes down to personal taste, and that is the shinigami character (Ami). Personally, when someone acts as bitchy as she does + bossy, I dislike it. Unless, it's mostly a surface act and they show a more loving side occasionally, even if by accident. (best of all if they choose to show it at times).

However, this far she hasn't really done that. I don't hate her, and she doesn't ruin the game, because she is never outright evil or mean, but I hope to see more of a loving side of her eventually.

(realize according to the walkthrough you can get a love point with her, if you have 0 lewd points with the other girls, but by then you are basically dancing around most of the content, so why would you do that?).

PS: even the sound design is pretty alright, music is pleasent. Though I as always would love more active sound usage, especially during H scenes, but that's a rarity, and I appreciate what we have.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

jethro_black

An all around great game. Light on content at the moment but everything about it points to great things. Lovable characters, cheesy but enjoyable writing, fantastic models and renders. Everything about this screams high-quality. Download it, follow it, support it.
  18. 4.00 star(s)

BTungsteno

Give it a try yesterday instead of sleeping and:

- Story wise i said it started good (insert palpatine voice) and i got hooked, mix a healthy chunck of humor with serious moments and of course intimate scenes

- Graph wise the girls looks hot and some really cute ( Love it that he used HS for the game) Also the MC doesn't look like a goblin which is a plus.

- While is only v0.4 the game is promising to be worth the time, I like it so far, happy to see more HS games, I wish to the Dev. good luck with the game!
  19. 4.00 star(s)

Frim der Wel

I like the game so far. Unless the game develops in an unexpected direction it seems to be a straightforward harem game, which I usually do not like too much, but (so far) it is done kindhearted: "corruption" is nothing ugly, and it seems that MC can be kind and nice to everyone. Graphics is nothing outstanding, the choices / point system seems quite straightforward so far (and I do not know whether the choices will ever make much difference). The writing is nice but not outstanding either, I have to admit that I started to quickly click through a few of the dialogues. The characters are nice, but maybe not terribly original or interesting. Looking at my review I have to admit I do not quite understand why I liked the game so much, but what can I say, I did...
  20. 4.00 star(s)

NovaSpace

MurMur is quite a promising game, albeit lacking in massive content (as many of the early access games do). Every character and animation is skilfully crafted and the story is a bit "Isekai / Rebirth"ish. I personally look forward to what the future of this game will bring. Great job so far.