Music royalty in ren'py game

Deleted member 986080

Kim Bora: "Somniaaaaaaaa!!!!"
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2018
Hi,

I searched through the forum and found out about this site referencing legal music to use, as long as you credit the artis and you state that the music is not of your work.

Can you confirm with me that this site is legit :

2020-05-05 00_52_18-Free Music Archive.png

I searched as "CC BY" and commercial use, but i may be wrong.
Thank you for taking your time to read this post.

Alex

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
It all depends on the license used. In general I've gone with CC BY4.0 in most cases for audio

I make sure credits state title, author, link to license and link to the original site. Since I had it set up like that anyway, I also made it into a Jukebox, so you can play the tune directly from here.
1588637491572.png

In the end, the musicians are creators like you; if you like their work, support them on patreon, and help drive users to their site. I'm a patreon of several of the musicians I use (most notably , who's done several of the central themes in the game, and who's done several of the background tracks).

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I wish more devs would put in the effort to add sound and music to their games. I know some people just mute it but I find that it really adds to the game. My 2 favorite examples being Love of Magic and Being a DIK. Both great games, but I would find them much less engaging without the music and sound.

I find that music and sound effects add to the mood much more than the visuals do.