Must own skin textures

Morgan42

Oct 9, 2019
Are there any skin textures for G8F or G8.1F that are really great or you find yourself using a lot? Any recs?

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
The usual suspects haven't really changed for me, outside of TwiztedMetal (sp?). Some of their newer stuff is real nice. Kooki99 is a new one (to me) who's put out some great stuff lately, too. Devon, specifically. I try to use a lot of different ones, just to keep the repetitiveness of them down. But one must-own for me is Raiya/OOT's Xara, in my opinion. Skin is a perfect shade to make it darker (to a certain extent, obviously) or lighter with some great detail. For darker skin, it's probably Kayleyss's Zale (I'm assuming it was them that made it, at least.). And an honorable mention would be DemonicaEvilius/Jessaii. Not the highest quality stuff out there, but I enjoy how 'Alt'-oriented their style is.

But Bluejaunte, Mousso, P3D, Emrys, VYK skins are a bit too pale at time but can work if that's what you're looking for (and can be darkened some, of course.), along with HiD3D are pretty much easy purchases if they have the look you're after - as you'd expect. Tomars Animations is a new one that seems to be putting out some quality stuff, same for Goanna.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
I assume you render with Daz/Iray.

Bluejaunte defintely. The way he bakes his roughness/bump maps (just how much polys those maps are baked? lol) and milk everything UberShader has to offer. should be case study for how Day/Iray can render credible skin without any disp. map (it will render fine even without subD lvl). Note that the color (diffuse/SSS) maps is not that important.

Lots of Daz3D original, but my favortie being . No dirty trick outside high luminance color maps (cause how work translucency). It's just well done and work fine. Right to point.

, for how to use of micro tiles and density with PBRSkin. Picture is terrible but balance is here. If you are making game asset real time, you should look more into it (quite low cost).

Hate to put this one, but it's where I learned alot, for the win, very outdated & wrong SSS but still love it. (Nobody should know about it lol)

Last edited:
Reactions: Morgan42 and Dilly_

Dilly_

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
Lately I have been using textures created by . I work mostly in Unreal now but generally I've found that skin textures that look good in basic HDRI lighting in Iray will also look pretty good in Unreal. I like to make sure the diffuse textures aren't too dark or too bright, which many, many Daz character skins are. I seriously don't know what's up with that. It shouldn't require a ton of tweaking with the lighting to get the skin looking even halfway decent. But just like anything else, the quality of the skin textures can only be as good as the skillset of the creator. And of course whether you think the skin looks good or not is highly subjective.

I like HID textures because there's a good variety of diffuse maps, it's easy to change them up and mix and match. They have all the textures I need for my purposes.

Reactions: Morgan42