RPGM - Completed - Mutation! [v1.04] [Mutation]

1. 4.00 star(s)

AKozOfBliss

For me, this is a 3.5 out of 5 stars.

The game design follows a concept I like, namely that of stacking erotic debuffs. But the dev shot themself in the foot by having warp points so frequently, and allowing debuffs to be removed quite easily at the home base.

It would have been okay if warps were more spaced out, like having one at the start of a zone and one before the boss. Which would have forced you to either tough out the debuffs while pushing forward, or backtracking to get them removed and start over from the checkpoint.

Instead, it trivialises the system. And you rarely get into trouble unless you actively play badly.

That and the fact that penetration is fairly scarce are my main gripes about this game. Ah, also the sound design is too cutesy, so it doesn't allow me to *feel* her pleasure.

With that said... The game is above average, the battle system has a nice amount of depth, and on the early stages had me thinking with a bit more strategy to quickly dispatch enemies. I liked the materia system that allows you upgrade your base magic into better versions, that was a nice touch.

But still, it is no diamond. A fair amount of fun, and good enough to kill time on. Yet it's not enough to have me come back to it in the future.

Still, I'd recommend you get it if you like this type of game. It's decent enough to be enjoyable.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

tanolino

I enjoyed it. The story is very slow paced but many people in the village have something helpful to say or trade depending on story progression.
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    Some encounter take "preparation" or you will loose, guaranteed. Beeing prepared makes them easy peasy. This is a feature I like much and figuring out how to approach some fights to win is neat.

I only gave 4 stars because somewhere in the last or prior to the last floor it started to feel a bit stale/grindy to progress.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

bndlover

I get what they were trying to do here, but there really isn't much of a game here at all.
    1. Gameplay loop sucked. I made it through one dungeon and the fighting/enemy diversity and h-content all felt really lacking.
    2. Graphics are pretty middling.
    3. No real story at all.
    4. The protagonist is cute, but eh.
    5. Erotic scenes were boring and the combat was too easy so you had to just guard or lose on purpose to see anything.
    6. Restraint mechanic is auto. So you didn't really have much to do once the primary loop of the game started.
    7. Good enough for a few minutes of fun, but might as well just download a completed save file to view the scenes.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

freeko

This game is overall a bit of a disappointment. There is not a good way to really express my time playing this aside from feeling this needed some more effort put into it.

The restraint system is what it is, but there is no way to deal with it. After enemies get to the third stage you become little more than a passenger along for the ride with no way (outside a limited item) to interact with the "game".

The music was okay but the battle system is atrocious. The battle system is the core of the game and the system is flawed to a point that the game becomes unplayable. Long story short, I think I have been spoiled by better games that try to achieve a similar place in the genre.

There is better out there and one can pass on this game without much regret.