Ren'Py - My Best Friend's Daughter [S2 Ep. 7] [CeLaVie Group]

1. 3.00 star(s)

rdmstranger

I think this is the lowest ranked game I've actually decided to give a try, and honestly, I liked it.

Far from the best story, the progression is repetitive and doesn't really make much sense, but if you are looking for one of those games where you basically just skip through, this is kind of a fun one.

Also, I was positively surprised by the rendering quality, specially on their feet.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

Gari Fuze

Unplayable grindfest/endless repetition

Lack of content is covered by dividing a single scene into 20 parts and requiring player to do 20 days to watch 1 scene.

There are 4 girls that are virtually clones of each other with minor differences and no real personalities behind, that act and "corrupt" the same way.

The icing on the top is the game is actually dropped and leads to another new game.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Lordildo69

This is what I would call a Coom Brain type of game and that isn't a bad thing. If you want to receive little drips of dopamine while jerking off/edging for 5+ hours, this is the game you want to play.

Improvements For The Creator.
    - Implement everything in the Walk-through/Bug-fix Mod as a standard.

- Some scenes are sometimes too repetitive/don't give enough verity (I.E., doing an event showing 40 of 50 pictures then incrementing by + 1 picture each day/event run till it's finished isn't great.

- I'd also make the girls more prude in the earlier chapters. This is more of a personal preference, but their speed of corruption/willingness to be get naked happens a bit too fast. See the game "The Pregcess of Zeven" for a good example of corruption progression.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

MikesDK

The story wasent really for me, its a bit boring and wierd in a way.
    Main girl who loves MC and only wants to be with him, constantly go around licking the other girls pussies, like 5 mins after she tells MC she dont like to share him, shes in the shower getting licked by another girl....its just poorly written, even with the ending which was abosolutly shit as well.

What really killed the story for me was when MC agrees to work for the criminal fucker that hurts the girl, sends dudes out to rape the girls, whos already stolen your camara and used the photos for magasines with out your or the girls concent.... and MC agrees to work with him and take photos/videos for him, that makes absolutly 0 sense to me, MC has constantly been trying to keep the girls safe and now he does this??? i mean wtf. now hes getting them to go nude and help the crazy criminal.....

The story is also extremly drawn out and not in a good way, but by having the same scenes over and over and over and..... you get the idea, 99% of the text doing the scenes are also the same it just gets so boring.
    It feels like your fast skipping and time skipping more then you play the game.

First of all MC feels like a pure virgin he cums faster then the dude from amerrican pie and iam not kidding, in sex scenes he puts in it pulls it out and cums and thats it scene over.

You dont see any kind of sex stuff really untill episode 6 which it a looooong way almost halfway into the game, and they are short i really short so theres really nothing to come for in this game.

And dont take that animated tag serious there are very very few animated scenes, first one isent untill episode 8 and even then 99% of the sex scenes are still picture to picture, a few animations from episode 12 but still short and dosent really do much for the game.

The virgin scene with the main girl was so bad, shes been blueballing MC forever and then she deside to sit on hes dick doing a contest with the girls, and of cause MCs dick goes stright in no issues at all theres no romance, 0 pain, 0 anything and she enjoys it front the start to the end, maybe this is why its missing the virgin tag since she dident act like one but did tell MC she was a virgin.....but of cause i guess she couldent be a virgin and lied about it which is stupid on its own.

Story 1/5
    Found it a bit boring, and drawn out way to much, if you dident have to see the same scenes constantly it would have been so much better, a long game dosent = quality what so ever.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Graphics 3/5
    Games look ok, but thats about it.

Animations 2/5
    They are very short and very few of them, in my mind it really shouldent have an animated tag when 99% is picture to picture, it got a alot better from episode 12 but its just to late to make up for the lack of animations doing the hole game.

Music 0/5
    Well there is none, a few sound effects but thats about it.

Sandbox 1/5
    I dont know if i would call it a sandbox game its just a map you click on to the place you want to go.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Vincent Valentine

I don't understand the interest or relevance of the criticisms people make about this game. It's completely unfounded, and the arguments are just nonsense! Celavie has a unique concept and gameplay, which is original and different from what we usually see, multiplied by a thousand. People are impatient; they want everything right away. If it's just about emptying your mind (or whatever else), there are sites for that. Leave the real players who understood Bob's idea alone. It's horrible to read your critiques that are based on nothing; you haven't understood anything. The relationships are gradual (which adds a touch of realism), desire builds up, giving us time to connect with the characters. The direction is perfect; the flaws lie elsewhere, not in the scenes, the character positions, or the contexts it creates. Everything is superb, and there's a lot of effort behind it. So, yes, it may not give you everything you want; in fact, you're just frustrated, and that's what your ratings reflect. But these ratings don't reflect the game's actual level, which definitely deserves a minimum of four stars, given what we seek and expect from a game like this (even if we're not all looking for the same thing in an AVN, okay, okay). One must consider Celavie's work as a whole. There's a basic mechanic (even though I feel like it got lost in season 2), a sandbox, which may seem repetitive, but it's the price to pay for freedom of movement. We enjoy revisiting old scenes before advancing in the story; it depicts a daily life. I'm sorry, but thanks to the game's immersive atmosphere, we can create our own world with Bob, even if the endings are far-fetched; we have all the elements to compensate for the flaws in the end of the scenario. There are hours and hours of gameplay designed for that purpose. The strengths are: the attachment to the characters (thanks to all the things people dislike), the direction and visuals, the progression, and the immersive atmosphere. Now, I agree that season 2 is not as successful as Room for Rent or the others; there are too few episodes! Seven is atrocious; we want to spend more time with them on this paradise island. The freedom of movement and the ability to revisit scenes are somewhat lost. If only the critiques were made by players who love Celavie's universe, I would accept the two stars, or even one star, much more easily. But this is done by people who haven't understood anything, ungrateful individuals who got the game for free and still find a reason to complain instead of moving on. And above all, it penalizes us, the fans, because the game feels fragmented, and motivation is lost because of you, who mean absolutely nothing. Your words, like mine, should not have any influential value on the outcome. Celavie decides to do what they want, and we can either take it or leave it, but we shouldn't destroy a real in-depth work, a reflection, a vision of an AVN that, in this case, is worth discovering, as it offers something genuinely different from the 30,000 game clones in the same genre... Sorry for the aggressiveness of my message, but I'm almost angry reading this. Angry about wasting my time with people who haven't even finished the game or who complain about nothing because their "popo" didn't get what they wanted. It's with the brain that one thinks, gentlemen, not with what's between your legs. Consider that if you want your critiques to be more relevant... (Apologies, my English is very limited; it's not my language, but I wholeheartedly support Celavie against these frustrated individuals in life.)
  6. 2.00 star(s)

paxtn

I played till Episode 9 of Season 1 and the game has to much grind.
    First I played without WT Mod, but without the Mod it is grindy as hell. Even with WT mod it is not enjoyable.
    The Story is not bad, but also not good.
    The Renders are good and enjoyable, but this is the only good think about this game.
    I deleted it after Season 1 Ep 9.
  7. 2.00 star(s)

deviant9

Five girls who do the same thing, one after the other. It's not even Sandbox, just bored. The only relatively quality thing is the images. This can hardly be called gameplay, but rather it is something like a visual novel with annoying repetitions.
  8. 1.00 star(s)

kz7419

'How will you thread your best friend's daughter?' asks the rhetorical teaser. You won't. What you will do is bounce around a desert island in an unplayable UI, spend maybe an hour looking at renders of pretty girls and searching in vain for hints of what to do next, before taking the next boat out of there.
  9. 1.00 star(s)

KnightOwlSC

As beautiful as the models are you aren't actually going to be seeing any of the lewd scenes due to how convoluted and grindy the game is. It doesn't help that the MC is such a nasty old piece of work himself...

Normally I'd give this at least a 2 because the models are so very well done but in this case that just makes it all the worse.. :D

Skip!
  10. 1.00 star(s)

Asheath

Wow this is horrible.

Summary:
    Renders:
    1/5
    Very dull and dead looking beach, and the girls all look the same just different hairstyles.
    Animation: 0/5
    I don't think anything is animated, maybe sex scenes but gl if you want to play that far.
    Story: 0/5
    Noexistant
    Gameplay: 0/5
    Awful, and I seen a lot of awful games before.
    Sounds: 0/5
    This is so quiet it'll have you reconsider life choices while the game is running.

Long rant:
    So the story is basically your friend asks you to take care of his daughter for some reason and you're about to go on vacation, so you take her with you, afterwards you only get dialogues with obvious +1 love -1 love choices.
    Stuff along the lines receiptionist bends down:
    Stare at her ass? -1 love
    Act holier than thou and don't stare or comment +1 love

I thought fine whatever it can be played as a kinetic novel if the choices are so obvious but the dialogue is so annoying, the girl you're taking care of who you took on a vacation to god knows where island is so rude to you all the time. Then there was a quest to pick up a pearl for her as a gift so she ALLOWS you to sleep on YOUR BED instead of the couch, wtf?

Even if we ignore all the beta mentality and being submissive to her you're supposedly the same age as her dad, shouldn't YOU be getting the bed out of age respect? I don't even care where she sleeps might as well throw her in the ocean with that attitude of hers.

This is just the tip of the iceberg, the English is godawful and grammar is all over the place, the gameplay loop itself is so grindy and have 3 clicks to reach walkthrough to know where to visit to advance story, there is a 24 hours system implemented and you need to visit places at certain hours, it's so obnoxious I just dropped it within 15 minutes, I thought maybe I'll check "season 2" if the dev still does the same thing and to my surprise yes he does, the choices are the same pattern, the renders are similar, and they just introduced new rude ass teenage girls instead of continuing the story.

Hard pass from me, maybe this isn't the worst game on this site but I'm sure it's down there among them.
  11. 1.00 star(s)

astra77

Waaay to grindy way to buggy and a great many renders are reused from previous games i guess thats their recipe for success to just churn out terrible games with great renders nonstop but it seems to be working somehow
  12. 1.00 star(s)

Timodjin

This is imo the stranges game on this site. On one hand really nice girls in a nice environmental. That keeps you want to discover more. Thats great.
    The first part was unplayable until I discover the session guide and I started to follow the time and lock up the events.
    And here comes an even more anoying mechanism.
    I am not talking about the facts that the game is far from ready, the errors are many and I keep ending up in the city as soon as I made some choices in the girls room.
    I am talking about the choice you have to make all the time who does not make sence at all. You have no clue if you should push or wait. I have tried diffrent ways and the outcome is unpredictable.
    It is a pity, this game could be one of the most populare but now it is probably the most questinable.
    The devs attitude does not help. Since he is rude to the people who have opinion about all the problems.
  13. 3.00 star(s)

Brojo

Ending the first "season" was weird. I think I could have done without episode 14, in favor of more content with the Ida and Maria. Not much to see in "season 2", it's incredibly straightforward and even then it's the same amount of frustrating as season 1 was if you didn't have a walkthrough or weren't just going to click on everything every single day, rolling back until you found new content.

Decent scenes once you found them, probably not worth it if you think you're going to survive this without a walkthrough.
  14. 1.00 star(s)

Asuka

The renders are great but everything else is a disaster, as a game it's worthless. The grind is terrible and it's full of bugs that break the whole experience. Each update only gets worse and now that dev have removed the hints it is unplayable.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

rvlfycpydgdcttfren

I don't disagree with other reviews completely - there definitely is a grind, however the other factors - story, girls, render quality, suspense, etc are all very positive and far outweigh the downsides of the grind
  16. 1.00 star(s)

PabloPikachu

This game has way tooooo much grind, and it is really frustrasting to find missing events. not recommended. It seems the developer wanted to stretch the playtime by implementing the unnessecary grind.
  17. 1.00 star(s)

hajka

Extremely buggy leading to many game crashes and requiring me to leave the game but not without going through the unskippable text/leave screen and having to hit all the benchmarks was impossible considering they removed the walkthrough and hint system.
  18. 1.00 star(s)

tonny

It's just a terrible guessing game, with repeating scenes over and over and over again... and now he removed the hints, which makes It all worse... Feels like the Dev just wanna irritate people and now turned It into a mangement game, with no hints what to do... It's just all really terrible...

I give It one star for the petite girls. Everything else is crap and a waste of time.
  19. 3.00 star(s)

exitosus

I really want to give this game 5 stars, I really do. But I just cant.

The renders are as good as expected from CeLaVie - the animations are truly exceptional, you can tell a lot of work went into it.

The story of slow corruption (set in the same universe as Room For Rent) is something I really like. It creates a setting (over the top, but still) that sets the stage for what you know will inevitably follow.

The mechanics are nice, I like the fly even though it's really hard to time right. Selecting the "active character" feels a bit clunky, think it might be better to have the icons more front and center, with potentially a "skip choice" option or something. But that's aesthetics and a bit usability, nothing gamebreaking.

As for gameplay, I like the slow burn. The trying out variations of activities and then being rewarded with some progress. But that's also the downfall. Even with the guide the further you get in the game, the harder it becomes to trigger particular scenes. The WT provides some insight, but not enough information on order of events. The triggering criteria sometimes also feel random. The first few episodes (well, say half the game) that doesn't matter as much as in the late-game where the gameplay becomes repetitive enough hunting those few particular scenes to progress that even skips are built in and a grind starts to show.

Having the game which starts so strong and looks so good devolve into more and more a grindfest to hunt triggers is the reason for deducting not just one, but two stars. The contrast between the strong opening and lewdness and the triggerhunting in the end is so stark... And that truly is a shame. Even with no WT, there must be a way to guide the player without handholding? Perhaps just adding a schedule for the ladies might be enough, knowing when to find who in which location can really help. You could even open that up over time as the MC "learns" the activities of the ladies, also based on hints given during meals/drinks. Might be hard since it seems there's no set schedule rather some form of "triggers" in locations? But yeah, something like that would really be helpful without giving a WT.

Would really love to see an update that focuses on late-game gameplay so I can revise this review and put it where it belongs, at five stars.
  20. 1.00 star(s)

Akanesh

Over the top grinding, but never seems to make any progress. Fly is supposed to regenerate after 24 hours, but 5 days later still nothing. After 1st day, then 2nd it seems like a version of Groundhog Day - the same exact thing happens every day. Nothing worthy of being called an Adult Game happens. Unnecessary sandbox to make things even more frustrating. Most locations are "nothing to do here." Julia asks every evening to go pearl diving together the next day but never given a chance for it to happen - but always comes up with Ida but never find any. Gets boring very fast.