Ren'Py Completed My Best Friend's Family [v1.01] [Iceridlah Games]

3.60 star(s) 21 Votes

Jansen

May 8, 2017
d8b59eb2cdf4010db6e0419ca321d29c.png

Overview:
Tom moved in next to the Petersson family three years ago and became best friends with their son. The Peterssons now consider him a part of their family. Certain tensions and feelings are near tipping points that could push them into new unexplored territories. There will be more to the overall story than I can elaborate on at the moment as it would spoil things.​

Thread Updated: 2020-09-07
Released Date: 2020-09-07
Developer: -
Censorship: None
Version: 1.01
Language: English
Genres:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - - -
Mac: - - -
Android (v0.06):
Others: COMPRESSED* - UNOFFICIAL ANDROID*

Extras: WALKTHROUG MOD - Gallery Save - Guide

Thanks to Iceridlah for sharing.
*This unofficial port/version is not released by developer, download at your own risk.

Screenshot_2.jpg Screenshot_3.jpg Screenshot_4.jpg Screenshot_5.jpg Screenshot_6.jpg Screenshot_7.jpg Screenshot_8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

D2K

Donor
Aug 18, 2016
this looks interesting. i'm wary about the .01 though, doesn't look like a lot of content. that being said, i think it's only $1 for the link on his patreon.

U

User_10739

The protags are you and the best friend's Mom, it's just freakin' weird... It is the standard 30 second .000000001, hoping to bang the BF's sis & help Mom with her self esteem issues but I certainly don't want to be her! (cringe)

tossler

Jul 1, 2017
Mac user. Something seems corrupt. Both the PC & Mac .7z show errors when unpacking (using AnyToISO).

The resulting .app file will not launch for me. I can launch the .exe version in Wine, but there are still dozens of "uncaught exception" errors that make the game unplayable.

edgedy

Aug 15, 2017
The protags are you and the best friend's Mom, it's just freakin' weird... It is the standard 30 second .000000001, hoping to bang the BF's sis & help Mom with her self esteem issues but I certainly don't want to be her! (cringe)
Yeah I think the user needs to be given the option to skip the mom decision's, and you can pick which version you want to play in the long run. Still an interesting concept. Maybe even define her personality so that it autoselects (Prude, Slut, Etc.)

That said, I do like that the characters are more realistic in how the developer designs them.

Reactions: kkai

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Yup. The original upload contained both a mac and pc .zip inside (barely any compression). I separated them and compressed the PC with 7zip after testing it. Cannot test mac. Then uploaded them separately. When using various uploading methods, mega sometimes give you fits and is not reliable.

tossler

Jul 1, 2017
Here are the errors I just got, same as before:
03:44:24 - Error -2147467263 occured when unpacking 7z file
03:44:24 - Error -2147467263 occured when unpacking 7z file

No idea what that means.

ThorMcBalbo

May 12, 2017
Review v.0.0.1

Art 5/10: Pretty standard daz renders, with standard posing that give the mannequin feeling and wishy-washy background. All the character are so much emotionless that it's hard to dive into what they are saying.

Story 5/10: Let's start with a bright note & say that the fact that you can play both the MCs gives us 2 information: the first one is that the dev want to put a real effort into making the game and second that we will have some depth into the mind of both MCs and that will definitely drive us toward a more enjoyable game. On the not so bright note instead, we have the completely bland dialogs and story in general the usual "1 dick to rule the all in a close environment"

Sound 0/10: just me eating some fonzies

overall 4/10:I would like to start by saying that we all remember this dev from his previous work but let's be honest, how many of us still remember it? I actually had to check a post before mine to connect the 2 games and it made me understand an important thing, that the Dev it's trying harder than before and he's improving himself. If you liked his previous work or like the "1 dick to rule the all in a close environment" style of game i suggest you to keep follow for the future updates, but for me, it's like going to dinner and find only 2 pieces of celery in the plate.

cartoon-red-panda-sleeping-on-a-branch_1956836.jpg Panda of Boredom

Reactions: Arcane666 and g22

rory68

Jul 5, 2017
Looks promising.I really enjoyed my new roommate.Good luck to Iceridlah and thanks for the upload!!

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
TBH, I expected more from a demo from this dev.
It's really a bit too short to build an opinion about the game.

I could see the mom side working (if you can choose not to play her side, for those who don't want to), but it read cringe-worthy to me in the demo.

Renders are good, the dialogue is ways up from the low standard for this type of games and My New Roommate is a solid game, so I will c heck out new versions, but that wasn't enough to decide for or against a patronage.

Demon Jhim

Aug 5, 2017
Got MEGA please. Never mind its only 31 MB its gonna be just 30 mins to 1 hour max with zippy.

3.60 star(s) 21 Votes