Unity - Abandoned - My boss is weird [Chapter.1] [ohiyosoft]

1. 1.00 star(s)

bububananas

One star from me.

The art is nice, but that's about all the upside here.

The engrish is terrible. Even after dissecting the choice rewards (check my post for a chapter 1 breakdown of the choices), it's pretty clear that there is context that just doesn't translate well from the source language into English.

To compound matters, that missing context will punish you because the choices provide no indication if you will have a positive or negative influence on the four "scores" the game is tracking.

As for controls, only the mouse is functional. I couldn't get the keyboard option to work past the first choice. The UI is just poor in general.

I ended up going as far as I did with this game out of pure spite, but don't subject yourself to the same level of torture I put myself through. I won't be playing any more of this game unless they get a native english speaker to completely overhaul the dialogue and I don't see that ever happening.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

PervyMage32

I gave this game another star, because the artwork is decent, but this is the only respect it will earn from me.

Despite that, he visuals only take up the middle third of the screen, giving it a unique look, but completely wasting the side spaces. You can't even expand the artwork I temporarily praised. Which should have been an option off in that wasted side space, along with a Save/Load State, because the game doesn't have dedicated Save Slots.

When you quit the game, it saves your position in the Story, and you can continue from there, but that's it. If you screw up once, the Story abruptly ends, and your forced to restart from the beginning. Every single time. And due to the pauses between EVERY line of dialog, getting back to your previous place in the Story can take a considerable amount of time.

At it's surface, it's a double choice erotic adventure novel, but the game doesn't ever explain that, so my first playthrough I just kept accidentally selecting the right dialog choice. Ironically, this got me further into the Story than any other selections on further playthroughs. At the bottom of the screen is a sticky note, which you can sway to the left of the right to respond in the Story. This is only explained (and vaguely) in the game's Options Screen.

Not that it matters. Your choices have very little bearing on the Story, other than decreasing or increases side stats, which also aren't explained well. You never know if their going to raise, and when they do, it's significantly less than when they are lowered.

Did you choose the nice guy dialog?
    Most of your stats are lowered, because your a huge pussy, and will never find love.

Did you choose the jerk /pervy dialog?
    Most of your stats are lowered, because your an asshole, who will never find someone to love.

Which the fuck is it? Most visual games like this give you multiple paths, allowing you to be one or the other, and maybe a third option that allows you to walk the line down the middle. Not here. I'm not sure what the hell to do.

The game also has a habit of freezing during scenes where you earn items. Apparently you have a "Key Item Pocket", which as you may have guessed, you cannot actually access. Some of the items are apparently hidden, and can be used during "Extra" sex scenes (which are full screen view suddenly?), but there are only two scenes, with one unlocked by default, and you pretty much have no control over the pacing in the scene. I never got to unlock the other scene, so no comment there.

It has some unique concepts, like working in some manga pages in between story beats and the sticky note dialog, but the game itself was a waste of an hour, during which I spent most of the time confused. I'd really love to get that time back. Maybe by the time the developers release Chapter 2, they'll figure out how frustrating the initial release was. The game as a lot of potential, but it's doing nothing with that right now.