Ren'Py - Completed - My Cute Roommate [v1.6.1 Ex Beta] [Astaros3D]

1. 5.00 star(s)

freakyfunk

Best visuals and animations yet!

The animations are as smooth as butter. Never seen such smooth and detailed animations in an adult game. The only turnoff might be that some sex scenes start as rape. Although they turn consensual as the scene progresses. Apart from that, the story with the cousin/roommate seems a bit rushed since she starts sucking MC's cock all of a sudden, rather than gradually building the desire. But those are really small drawbacks because the renders and animations outweigh them.

I don't care the models are pretty much the same as other games. The dev refined the images beautifully. Personally, the only girl character I didn't like was the trainer. Those huge muscles were a turnoff.

Lastly, the cheats will come in handy to reduce the grind.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

FranzGallagher

It's sooo good game, history, renders, etc. The only but is I've never been able to go further than the health certificate's success bc it doesn´t let me save the game after this moment, it's like the groundhog Day!!:cry:
  3. 5.00 star(s)

NightOwl71

I'd like to contradict the low ratings of my fellow gamers for this game. Astaros3D has created a widely popular masterpiece with "My cute cousin" with the cousin model being the literal and proverbial cherry on the icing. The game follows a slow build-up but not in terms of mechanical grinding where a counter needs to hit 50. Instead you have to achieve financial and gameplay milestones which takes time. Putting that effort in only makes the lewd scenes so much more rewarding imho. The game guides the player and yes there are no brainy riddles or Hemingway prosaicness, but damnit, this ain't Secret of Monkey Island. Whoever rates this 2* either has not played alot of the crap out there or is in dire need of 5 negative stars for those.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

Krugger

Version: 1.5.0ex

PROS:
    - Good/Regular renders of characters female models
    - Good/Regular Sex Scenes
    - Good/Regular Animations

CONS:
    - Some models of the female characters have exaggerated bodies (Big breast)
    - Boring and tiring gameplay
    - The game consumes a lot of your time
    - Grind and Loop
    - No skipping options
    - Several bugs

Review:
    The start of the game is good, you will be reunited with your cousin who you haven't seen in years and will stay in your apartment until you get a job at a college. Your cousin is very beautiful and very hot, you get quite excited because the model has a good render. But what disappointed me is the way the game works, there are a lot of characters and some of them are kind of useless. The construction progress of the MC with his cousin is good but it could be better, I think that should focus better in that content, but some other characters are also good, but the focus of the story is kind of distorted and you end up spending your time on useless content. The gameplay is a bit boring and tiring to play, because you will have to do many things and with it many of you will realize that it is not worth the effort. So you’ll consume a lot of time, and there’s also a lot of grinding and looping if you don't have a walkthrough and also in certain parts you cannot skip the scenes, like the scene from Elena’s photography, that you have to click like an imbecile.
    There were several bugs in the game, the last version I played was 0.15 so I decided not to download and play version 0.16 because it is only bug fixes and nothing interesting.
    About the renders of the female characters' models, I mentioned that some of them have exaggerated bodies. You see characters with big breasts, there are people who like that, but I prefer something natural. There are also strange renders in the sexual act, but that is of little importance. Graphics errors happen.
    The History:
    The story of this game is terrible along with its script. It could be more creative, since the title of this game is about your cousin, so well, let's focus on her and some other secondary characters. The problem is that there were many, and the story itself got pretty bad and meaningless. The MC gets punched in a fight, spends an afternoon with a headache and goes to the doctor and he says you need to fuck with 9 women. Wow, what a stupid thing I've read. Where's the creativity? among other things existing. The story by far is the best, it's horrible. Another detail is the sound of the groan, it seems that the MC is a long time without giving a fuck, or giving a cumshot. Now I know why he went to the hospital and the doctor said he needed to fuck 9 women, buddy, his situation is not good (the moans are awful).

Final Rating:
    The game could be much better if you followed a mature script. The idea of staying at your cousin’s house is a good one, but what should be practical, ended up leading to other characters and ended up losing focus. The game has reasonable gameplay, it is not one of the best, but it is even good. I liked the relationship with your cousin, I found her very exciting, hot and beautiful. At all times I wish there was more content with it, more things to do, even if it’s a small grind. The relationship with other characters was a little disappointing, there were few that I liked (only the librarian), the rest I didn't like very much, some reasonable and others not so much. The sexual content of this game is good, here we have a little sexual harassment and rape, but nothing that leaves you shaken. I don't really care about that, because some fetishes I don't even care. So, if it weren't for this stupid story and if the dev focused on a cool script, the game could be great even with these bugs. But the game you have to do many things that are not worth much effort and you end up wasting most of your time there. Making it obvious that this is my opinion, you for example may like the other characters, I see no problem with that, but the general problem is in the poorly written story. Anyway, my rating is two stars, even though the game is bad it has a little taste.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

Enreso

MCR is a game where you just scratch your head and shake it because it is unbelievable how the Developer himself messed the game up.

I finished the game +/- 1 week ago so i had some time to think about the review. The Story is very simple and straightforward. It's one of those simple storys where the MC goes to another Town to join a university. Then it turns out he has an illness that could kill him if he doeesn't have sex with 10 girls. Yes, i know.

But let's be honest, who plays these Adult games for the Plot? So it doesn't weight as much in my rating, so let's go to the important things: Gameplay and Visuals.

Concerning the Visuals, amazing. The characters are hot, like really hot. The only thing that bothered me a bit were the Eyes, they sometimes had a weird unnatural color. The Animations are also high quality and definetly a turn on.
    You will definetly like the Renders and Animations in this game!

Now to the big problem, the Gameplay. As some people mentioned, the Gameplay is a big problem. The Grind is real and annoying. You have to run from point A to B a lot before you get to a sexy scene. I had to use the money cheat because it was so unbearable!
    During sex scenes, you can change camera angles wich is amazing, but what bothered me, is that the "finish" is always the same, outside. Why not include an option where i can choose if i want the MC to cum inside or outside?
    For me it was a real buzzkill. And let's not forget the bugs, i saw that this Developer is know to not care much about bugfixing and it is obvious. I had to often try and work around the bugs to play the game, dissapointing.
    The game also doesn't have a Gallery for the scenes you played, only a Render Gallery, big minus point.

This game would have gotten 5 stars from me if the Gameplay and Bugs were fixed. and it had a proper Gallery.
  6. 2.00 star(s)

Joraell

Well... This game can describe easy by one word. "inconsistency" Some renders is really good. Some not that good and many is just ..... really bad.

Pros:
    Some good loking models
    Few really good made renders

Cons:
    Bugs everywhere. You almost must be programmer to finnish this game.
    Some models is just bad.
    Story .. none

Overal this game is poor. Better than Girl house, so 2 stars. I'm not geting popularity of this game.
  7. 2.00 star(s)

Rambling

This game is grindy, incomplete, confusing, and mildly creepy. I like the models and some of the characters/scenarios, but it's not currently worth spending your time on. Hopefully it will improve with further development.
  8. 3.00 star(s)

boobkarma

Cousin, Barbara, and the cosplay friend are hot AF. Great renders but hella rapey and grindy. Not the best. Grind scenes are lame. English is bad enough to be distracting. Renders make it worthwhile. 3*
  9. 3.00 star(s)

Eamon

The grind...

It's got some great girls. Very pretty and extremely sexy to look at but there is too much boring shit to do in order to get your dicck hard and jerk off to this game. It's just not fun enough to grind through. Again, emphasis on the grind. Doing boring shit to get a little reward. You shouldn't have to do that much. And the navigation SUCKS, even after it was improved. This game can suck my dick, because god knows it'll take forever for the girls in it to do so.
  10. 3.00 star(s)

MrLakes1579

The average review is because some parts are amazing but some parts are really bad.

The models look great, like really great. But man the story... I think the MC in this game is probably the worst of all the stereotypes of a rapey douchebag idiot main character like almost to the point of parody. The gimmick of the disease is pretty stupid too.

Hate to sound this mean, especially with the models that are very pretty and expressive.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Klaigh

This is a very entertaining game with great renders and above average animations. The cousin is very attractive and plays hard to get at first, which makes it all the more rewarding as you progress with her. This is a very underrated game. Definitely worth a play.
  12. 1.00 star(s)

Scyths

An absolute mess.

If I had to give a one sentence summary, it would be that you would have an easier time going outside and getting laid in real life than in this "game".

This game is simply 95% mindless & useless grind, 5% "reward" (If you could even call that).

I'm not gonna comment on the art style since that is subjective & everyone has their own personnal preference and likes & dislikes, even thought to me the women in this game are like creepy looking aliens... Seriously, don't look them in the eyes.

Now, if you thought what I said was bad, how about I add the fact there is an absurd number of bugs in this game, some that outright block your progress forever unless you take the save of someone else or change some parts in the text files of the game (Yes, you are apparently supposed to do that, the dev doesn't bother with that kind of things).

Oh, if you're thinking of playing on mobile, don't ever bother, like ever. This game was absolutely not thought about mobile, at all. You'll never be able to navigate your inventory because you'll never be able to scroll down on it, since the scroller is on the absolute of the absolute side of the screen and a human finger is physically incapable of touching said corner. Some areas have rooms & menus inside each other because why not at this point.

I tried this game first on mobile, then when I was stuck and impossible to progress further because of one of the bugs that block your progress once and for all, I decided to do everything on PC to get back to there, but once I was there I realized how meaningless it was because I felt that everything I did up to that point was not rewarding or satisfying at all.

That's all. Would not recommend to anyone, the only reason this convoluted mess gets any attention is because it's one of the "OG" ones...
  13. 1.00 star(s)

Bruce_Wayne18

FULL of bugs don't bother:

It's really mind-blowing how a game in such a late stage of development can be unplayable.

The renders and animation are AMAZING but what's the use if you can't progress the story to see them?

This is the second time I am playing this and decided to warn others from making the same mistake. First time I couldn't buy items at the shop and now with the latest version, I can't train at the gym.

Also, the quest system sucks. It doesn't tell you in detail what to do and there's a lot of stuff you need to keep track of at the same time.

Bugs combined with unrefined progression system render this game UNPLAYABLE.
  14. 2.00 star(s)

PPanGames

I really wanted to like this game but couldn't. The story is nonexistent, the Incest Patch does almost nothing for the characters and dialogue and the gameplay is repetitive as hell. Let me list off all of the Cons and Pros, so the developer can see this and maybe change a few things.

Pros:
    • The animation of the sex ranges from okay to good
    • The character models are good

Cons:
    • No Dirty talk, especially in the Incest department. That's a no no.
    • After the introduction the player character becomes mute trash. What is the point of having a game with tons of dialogue when the player character barely talks and emotes.
    • Sex scenarious become less and less believable the further the story goes.
    • Why make the main female character related to the player if you're not going to capitalize on it through some better dialogue and more taboo scenes.
    • Get rid of the "cumming in pants" feature. It's dumb and just slows down the game even more than it is.
    • Implement a better more detailed hint feature. It's kind of garbage right now.
    • Cousin needs more characterization. You barely get to know her especially compared to the other characters in this game which is weird because she should be the person the player gets to know the most.
    • Get rid of optional dialogue that gives you an instant gameover or just damages the relationship between the characters. What even is the point of having more provocative lines when they're pointless and just screw over the player.
    I hope MCC will get fixed because I can see a good game in there but unless someone actually works on these flaws this game will quite frankly become a complete and utter mess without redemption.
  15. 1.00 star(s)

Deleted member 997153

Review of version 1.3.0

Not much to review here. Game ending bugs have prevented me from getting very far into the game, despite repeated attempts. The interface is sluggish and requires multiple clicks to register a click most of the time. Image maps are slightly off so mousing over text doesn't highlight selections.

The cousin has lizard eyes and looks like she is an extra from the old 80's sci-fi miniseries V - The Final Battle. Someone let me know if she eats a mouse.
  16. 4.00 star(s)

testg

If I wouldn't like the main girl so much I'd give this game only 3 stars.
    Not bad, but there are better projects.
    That style of oversized boobs and buts isn't my taste, but it's a taste thing. Also savegames not transfering from 1.1 to 1.3? Not worth replaying for those extra scenes.
  17. 1.00 star(s)

Redrobojr

Unplayable 1gb++ game, because android version has a lot of crucial bugs
    Like you cannot buy items?!
    So much for game that has a lot of good review,
    I really expect more on this game, but i certainly don't want to waste big internet quota since im not on wifi all the time,

Really disappointed
  18. 3.00 star(s)

Evil Dr Porkchop

buggy structured game,must do A B C D now on to the good points, good renders,decent animations, a storyline complete with puzzles and minigames,Characters you will like or hate,choices and consequences.with a little work this could be one of the best games,dialogue options are decent

The one thing that lets an otherwise good game down is sadly the bugs
  19. 5.00 star(s)

vladsabakuno

Ok the story is simple and has to many charakters to have sex with. Erotic situations seem to just fall on u right there and now and the most frustration is an actual plot. Main quest includes every girl without exception. But the visual part is worth it. Beautyfull. Simply stunning. Wich seems to be the biggest thing in todays 3dcg games.
  20. 2.00 star(s)

ButYouCanCallMeLarry

Been following for a while and just attempted to play for the first time in about a year. This isn't a game. This should be delivered as a collection of animations and put int he animations category.

You cannot play this from the start, because there are game ending bugs which specifically prevent you from moving forward. The only option is to grab a save game at the end of the previous chapter and play the new content. That means, you only option to experience 95% of the content is through use of the "gallery". That basically means this isn't a game, it's a collection of animations.

The rating of "poor" is the most literal use of a 2 star rating for a game that isn't a game. It's a poorly maintained and managed project that is exactly what I've said it is - a gallery of animations that you can only cheat (download a save) to unlock.