Ren'Py - Completed - My Cute Roommate [v1.6.1 Ex Beta] [Astaros3D]

1. 1.00 star(s)

Winterz

I've tried it 3x now, trying to see through the terrible translation (we make sex!!!) and shoddy game mechanics (yep, thats great, go around raping people with your 2 foot long penis)....

The "cute" roommate looks like she's been on a drug bender for months, and her breasts make most plastic surgeons say "that's just a bit much".

I understand there's an effort the dev is going for, but It seems like his suspended reality and women interaction (especially the horrible "other" dialogue choices) belong more in an alien sim or something such.

I really want to like the game, there's a good amount of content, but even the premise gives me a stomach ache. Nevermind the horrid noise for the "male orgasm"... which sounds like someone being stabbed.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

XKimky

Really nice game, womans are sexy and situation are nice. Doesnt need too much grind either.

I didnt give 5 stars because of :
    1. No autosave.
    2. Mini-game can be a bit long (I guess cheat mode fixed that).
  3. 3.00 star(s)

Catwashere

This game has great renders and a good story but the gameplay is a little below average and hurts the game somewhat and some things can cause game overs so save often!

Art/Renders 9.5/10
    Story 7/10
    Characters 8.5/10
    Sex 8/10
    Gameplay 5/10

as of July 19
    I'm near the very end of the current version and changed my review from 2 stars to 3!
    The game could have been better but the gameplay hurt it if i could i would give it 3.5 stars.
    The only bad thing about it is gameplay, i had no bugs or other issues!

I want to be very clear the only issue was gameplay!
    The story was good the renders great and the animation was top notch along with characters being good.

Edit 12/23/18
    I beat the game and i can say it was a pretty good one.
    My scores are still about the same since gameplay was the only issue.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

Vilma

One of the more broken games on here. Every update there's a new serious bug that either breaks old saves or makes progress impossible. The grind is unbearable if you want to do it legit, cheating often breaks it even more as you can do unintended routes, and even the intended routes are barely tested. I would highly advice to stay away until well after it's finished and bugtested for at least a few versions.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

sunaboz

Great erotic game with lots of choices and not so obvious solutions. Women pretending to be hard to get are awesome and give at least some illusion of realism. In many other erotic games women are nymphomaniacs but in a "in your face" way. Here women also have very high libido but the player has to work a bit to have sex with them. What's more there is enough variety here (glasses girl, brunette, blondes, big tits, small tits, threesome, pussy licking, reverse rape etc.) that you can't be bored. I highly recommend it. Along with Milfy City the best game of ths genre I've played.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Loopus

A lot is going right in this game. You get very good renders and some pretty hot animations, a responsive UI including a task list, and even some storyline(s) around the girls. Talking about the girls, although most of them being super Barbies with big eyes, big mouths and even bigger tits, they all have their own personality, making them distinguishable. You even get cameo appearances of the Big Brother MC and the DMD Daughter!
    What doesn't work and costs this game my fifth star is the hint system. Most of the side quests are pretty short and easy to understand, you know what to do and only need a few tries to find the exact solution. But concerning the main girl you're pretty much left in the dark. YOu live in her house, see her every morning and evening, but you have to find out for yourself what your next steps should be. I was already way down the task road before realising that there is a heart system for every girl and that the main girl was still standing at zero hearts while other girls were at 2 to 3 hearts depending on my task advance. There were no hints, no sub-tasks except for the screwdriver, which needs a WT on its own.
    So if you like good renders, big blonde tits and sperm-loaded animations, than you have come to the right place. But if you hate Walkthroughs, it can become a rough ride. It's already bumpy WITH the official WT, without it becomes a guessing game.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

Lyterkaka

this game is awesome with character and great animated while having a sex within different character's , with this story line also much easy to know , just need a little improvement like base loaction , some promo like dating with a girl or mybe
  8. 1.00 star(s)

ironsmash

Full of bugs, never happening in the same way on each game attempt. You must restart a new game every version, old saves may work but you will get stuck somewhere. On top of that, every new attempt of a game you will mostly experience a trigger not happening, but never the same. In any case, you'll get 90% chance to get stuck in the story.
  9. 1.00 star(s)

NathanielHammer

Animations with sound moaning,refuse to fix major bugs that trigger the events, script that insult the readers,sarcasm over the ones that pay him montly for a crap release,refuse to listen to community
  10. 4.00 star(s)

spiderman2099

Good game with some animations.
    Nice storyline.
    Much better side characters compared to others.
    Just some problem with some bugs.
    Try to avoid cheats.
    Cheats are causing problems I think.
    So try to use as less as u can.
    A part from that its a must play game.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Flerken

The story is very addictive. Good renderings. I think the busts and butt are too unrealistically big but that's to be expected on a game like this. I like that you can make certain choices that can affect how well you seduce the women. There are some grammatical and typographical errors in the texts but it is nothing that really detracts from the game. I am judging this based on version 0.72 and the potential of the game. If it continues to go the way I think it is headed, it will be a very good game indeed. I'm hoping at least.
  12. 4.00 star(s)

Quinnzoel

Very nice render but the plot is...so many holes
    but the game isnt finished yet, i really look foward to it
    it may become a pretty good game ?
    character poses is good too.....
    this game still have to much bugs, hope they can fixed that soon
  13. 4.00 star(s)

BobTheWankerDK

The game has some great dynamics and the graphics are awesome. Sometimes it is very difficult to figure out what the next step in the game is, but with some thought and patience you'll get there.

Can't wait till the game is finished!
  14. 1.00 star(s)

bosp

One of the stupidest plots I ever came on in this kind of games.
    Another annoying thing are completely unnecessary mini games made just to prolongate grinding and spend more time playing as a substitute for the lack of any meaningful content.
  15. 2.00 star(s)

hakarlman

I'm giving the game two stars for outstanding models. They are gorgeous and busty.

The game has a lot of bugs and advancing through the story is difficult & confusing, even with the walk through. The game suffers from poor design.

I will check back in 2-3 months.

Be prepared to get frustrated and annoyed with the interface. Make sure you use the cheats because the mini games are annoying and tedious.
  16. 1.00 star(s)

dexterul

A lot of repetitive task to get only a small part of action... you will need 2 days of continue play to get to the interesting parts of the game, in the majority of the time it's a boring game from my perspective.
    A lot of bugs and error with NO RETURN path because the developer is a dumb ass ... who in the world disables the back function??? when u have a buggy game, bugs jump on you when do no expect and when do you expect :)), so bugs every minute.
    Graphic is decent but the majority of the models in this game i have seen them in like 10+ other games, for example medical room, shop room, and others... it's nothing new the developer simply uses products that are cracked or stolen as the most of them do. A very few of the are actually creating stuff from 0, BECAUSE THAT WOULD TAKE MONTHS TO MAKE A GAME, they go for the quick reward.
    Some models have an unnatural design with ugly looks totally NOT aesthetically.
    I don't recommend this game, you can try and see if you like it.
  17. 2.00 star(s)

Bfrop

Not tech savvy people will have to pay extra to avoid the extremely tedious and repetitive tasks. That's minus two stars right there. A shame, underneath this flaws and bugs (minus another star) you will find a gem but you'll have to fight your way through all those issues.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Forgetfull Phantom

This is kind of a game I like , it is sandbox , you can do the events Anytime you want , great renders , it has some contradictions in it but still i like sandbox games , i like the games has events trigger other events , and cant wait to see the next update , great job dev
  19. 3.00 star(s)

Apostate

The game's art and concepts are so promising, but it's so grindy and the interface so buggy that it's almost unplayable. Even with cheats things still seem broken, with lots of rejection and dead ends. Completely rework things and I'd be happy to come back to this.
  20. 4.00 star(s)

selectivepaperclip

I really like games that actually try to be games rather than VNs where the only gameplay is to make binary choices that give you +1 "lust" or "love" if you choose correctly. Hence, I like My Cute Roommate despite its flaws.

The models and animations are outstanding. The story is fine, just enough to take you from scene to scene without too much mistranslation cancer.

The minigames are pretty tedious, but the newest version of the built-in cheats lets you skip them no problem.

Definitely don't get into any update on the ground floor, because it seems like the guy doesn't have a very rigorous QA process. But it all gets worked out eventually.